Misery Blues

De xtoni4nn

Veronica 'Roni' Blues hides her bruises behind her baggy clothes and long hair, she hides her feelings behind... Mais

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Unfamiliar ground
Chapter 2 - I like your tattoos
Chapter 3 - Slut isn't my style
Chapter 4 - You aren't my dad
Chapter 5 - Trouble
Chapter 6 - Bad day, Kid?
Chapter 8 - Her little Angel
Chapter 9 - Crazy Butter Roll
Chapter 10 - Don't touch me!
Chapter 11 - Emergency Situation
Chapter 12 - Not the Pizza Guy
Chapter 13 - Look at her
Chapter 14 - Starting Over
Chapter 15 - Any color but Pink
Chapter 16 - This isn't over
Chapter 17 - Care To Dance?
Chapter 18 - Diana
Chapter 19 - Roxas's Story
Chapter 20 - Most Definitely.
Chapter 21 - The Panic Attack
Chapter 22 - A slow Melody
Chapter 23 - Missing Lightbulb
Chapter 24- Love like no other
Chapter 25 - Part of the Deal
Chapter 26 - The End.

Chapter 7 - Christ Almighty

24.8K 844 198
De xtoni4nn

David doesn't come back up, he leaves me like this all night. Sometime during the night, I manage to push the sock out of my mouth by using my tongue and even pull the tape off. But, I'm still stuck in this stupid belt. It's morning now, and I'm trying to position my body so I can reach the stupid belt with my teeth. Eventually, I get it loose and can reach and pull the thing off. If my wrists weren't noticeably bruised before, they sure are now.

It's purple all the way around both of my wrists, It's going to be really hard to hide this. I rush over to the bathroom and hop in the shower, scrubbing myself clean. I pull on a pair of skinny jeans over my underwear and a three quarter sleeved shirt on. All my bruises, besides my wrists, are on my upper arms, so I don't have to worry about anything. I look around my room and my drawers for anything to cover my wrists. I find a sweat band and a couple bracelets. I pack my bag for the weekend with Cassadee and straighten my hair. Then, I put my concealer on before walking out of my room and passed David, who is laughing at some stupid morning cartoon. I grab an apple from the kitchen table and walk out the door, to the driveway.

I don't even wait for Denton, I just start walking to school. I don't need him and I don't want to face him this morning. I don't want to be in a worse mood than I already am in. As I walk, I hear the faint sound of Roxas' motorcycle. I look down the street and see him approaching me, he is going at a slow speed and soon enough he is parked next to me.

"Don't you usually ride with your brother?" He asks, pulling off his helmet.

"Yeah, but I don't really want to talk to him right this second." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh. Then, how about I bring you the rest of the way?" He asks, a small smile on his lips. Even though he looks totally exhausted, he can still smile. I like that about him.

"I'd like that." I inform him as I hop onto the back of his bike. He puts his helmet on me, because he didn't bring his extra, and then we are speeding off toward the school.

It doesn't take long for us to get there, and when we are - I feel more awake then ever. I don't know if it was the cool September wind slapping against my skin, or the fact that I just spent the last two and a half minutes with my chest squished up against Roxas' back - but my bad mood nearly dissolved.

Eyes are glued to me as I step down from Roxas' motorcycle, I even notice Cassadee and Alek with that star-struck look on their faces. They walk up to me slowly, trying to figure out if it is okay to approach. I look up at Roxas wondering what the big deal is and close the distance between me and my friends.

"Like I said, you will catch flies with your mouths open like that." I shake my head. "What's with that look?"

Roxas follows me and looks down at my friends. "Hello friends of Roni." He addresses them. I look up at him like he's crazy.

"Their names are Cassadee and Alek." I tell him, rolling my eyes before turning back to the two of them. "Now, please explain why I'm being stared at."

"I will." Alek says quickly. "Later."

"Okay." I say, slowly. I shrug my shoulders and look up at Roxas.

"Okay, then." He chuckles. "Anyway, I have to get going. See you later, Roni."

"Bye!" I wave at him, and when I turn back to Cassadee she grabs my arm and drags me into the school, with Alek on our heel. Her grip is tight, but I'm used to it. She drags me into the girls bathroom and then pulls Alek in too. Alek tries to resist, but apparently saying 'no' to Cassadee doesn't happen often. She forces him in and practically glares at the two girls already in here until they leave. Then, she walks over to the bathroom door, slams it shut and locks us in. She turns to me and hops into my arms.

"I didn't know you and Roxas Dean were so close!" She squeals, shaking my shoulders. "Why did you not tell me. I mean, I thought you were friends because of the whole lunch incident, but I didn't know you were so close you actually get to ride on his motorcycle. That is so awesome. You are a GOD, I mean, I know your pretty. But, I didn't think you would be able to catch him!"

"What?" I blink, utterly confused.

"Let me explain." Alek chuckles. "You see, your friend Roxas is the son of a very successful actor named 'Trace Rauncher' - his mother was an author, who passed away with Breast Cancer. But, lets just cut to the chase. That boy is not only very rich, but he is your typical bad boy. Something that draws the attention of many girls." Alek looks down at Cassadee and lets out a sad sigh. "Except, he has never made friends with any girls...hell, I don't think I've seen him around any guys. I think the only person I've seen him talk to or even walk close to - is you."

"So, what your saying is..." I rub my temples, "That up until now, Roxas has basically been an untouchable being?"

"AND YOU TOUCHED HIM!" Cassadee practically screams in my ear. "You're Denton's sister and you caught the eye of Roxas Dean? You are a GOD." She calls me a god for the second time, I'm starting to think she ran out of compliments.

"I'm not a god." I giggle, covering my mouth. "I guess I'm just a people person."

"Who attracts godly men, making you god by association." Cassadee says, gripping my shoulders tightly.

"If you say so." I shake my head with a little smile on my face, and look over at Alek, who is staring at Cassadee. His eyes look sad as she talks about other guys, but he has a smile on his face. He looks as if he is torn in between being sad that he isn't 'godly' enough for her - or being happy that she is happy. Oh, Alek, poor boy is in love.

There is a pounding on the bathroom door, and Cassadee shoves Alek in one of the stalls before opening the door slowly. I watch as Lexi storms in and walks straight to the mirror, she goes to pull her lipstick out of her purse, but spots me in the mirror. I watch as her eyes widen, and then she gets an angry expression. She turns to me and stomps toward me.

"Where were you this morning?" She asks, her voice sounding angry - but her eyes look as if she was worried.

"I walked to school." I say, technically I'm not lieing.

"And then she caught a ride with Roxas!" Cassadee peeps up, but quickly covers her perky mouth with her little hands. Lexi looks over at Cassadee for a fraction of a second, as if finally realizing her existence, before turning her green eyes back at me.

"You were with Roxas?" Her voice is quiet, all I can manage is a small nod. "No wonder Denny is in such a ripe mood."

She runs her long, thin fingers through her red hair and lets out a shaky sigh. She squeezes her eyes shut and turns back to the mirror before talking again. "Listen, you're brother and Roxas do not, under no circumstances, get along. Never have and I highly doubt they ever will. I don't know why, and I don't care to know either. But, I do care about what Denny cares about, and that's you. Stop hurting him and we will be fine. But if I ever see the expression I saw on his face last night again, it might take everything I have to stop myself from killing whoever did it. Yourself included."

With that, she turns and leaves the bathroom. I hear Alek leave the stall and watch as he skillfully sneaks out of the bathroom. Leaving Cassadee and I, I barely realize that I have tears in my eyes. I quickly wipe my eyes and stop them from falling and suck in a huge breath.

"Okay, lets get to class."

The whole day is uneventful. I basically spend the entire time trying to avoid my brother. I didn't even go to the cafeteria for lunch, and I went to the nurse for Gym - all so I don't have to see this face that Lexi was talking about. When I finally make it to band, you can say, I'm exhausted.

Mr.Mace wheels his piano to the center of the room and asks if I could play the tune of 'Think Of Me' from Phantom of the Opera. I agree, because I love the play - but as I sit down and lay my fingers on the keys, I realize I can't do it.

My left wrist is throbbing out of control and it hurt's to move it, even my right wrist, which isn't fractured still hurts. I lie to Mr.Mace and say that I have a huge head ache. He is actually really nice about it and tells me I should go lay down in the storage room connected to the band room. I stand up and walk in, trying to avoid the questioning gaze that Roxas is giving me.

There is a small couch leaning against the wall, this is where I'm guessing Mr.Mace spend his breaks. I lay down on the couch, with both my arms dangling off of it. I close my eyes and faintly hear the sound of a strumming guitar, I lift my head and see that Roxas followed me. He is sitting on one of the tables Mr.Mace has in here, with his guitar on his lap. He looks up at me and cocks his head to the side.

"You don't really have a head ache, do you?"

"Yes I do." I lie, putting my head back on the couch. "And the guitar isn't helping."

"How come you didn't mention it until you put your hands on the Piano keys. And why did you flinch so hard as if it was the keys hurting your head, I know you didn't touch them hard enough for it to make a sound." He says, his strumming becoming lower, but louder. "It's your fingers that hurt, isn't it?"

"No."

"Then, your hands?"

"No." I sigh, "Why do you care."

"Why shouldn't I care?" He retorts. "Your wrists?"

I don't answer him, and I know that's stupid, because now he knows it's my wrists. He walks over and looks me in the eye.

"You cut?" He asks, his voice sounding sad. I almost laugh in his face but I stop myself.

"No." I shake my head, smiling softly. "I love living, I would never cut. Stupid."

"Then whats wrong." He reaches for my wrists trying to get a look, but I pull them back. I shake my head harder. "Just a sprain, nothing to worry about."

"Roni, please." His voice sounds so sincere when he asks, like he actually does care. But, he shouldn't - he is the only one who actually does. He cares enough to notice I'm in pain, even when my brother doesn't. He hasn't known me for even a week, yet he is trying to learn the secret that Denton hasn't even tried to learn in the past four years. I don't stop him as he pulls the sweat band off my wrists, I just close my eyes tightly. I hear him gasp quietly, and then reach for my other hand. He pulls at my bracelets, careful enough so they don't break, but rough enough that he has them off quickly.

"Roni." he whispers holding up my hands, he is careful not to hurt me. I open my eyes and look into his baby blues. I can't tell what emotion they hold, but I know he is confused. "What's this? What happened to your wrists?"

I shake my head and put my bracelets back on, smiling sadly "It's a long story."

"I have time." He says, gripping me a little tighter, the bell rings and I look up and smile.

"I don't." I say, shouldering my bag and walking out of the room. I say goodbye to Mr.Mace, he tells me to feel better and have a great weekend. Oh, Mr.Mace, I intend to.

I walk out the school doors and walk to the car that Cassadee explained to be hers. I lean against the hood and wait for her to come out. When she finally does, I notice my brother behind her, along with Lexi and Martin. Cassadee is talking to my brother, while Alek is practically glaring at his shoes. Lexi looks un-affected and Martin is just smiling at me. I roll my eyes, Christ almighty, I am going to kill them.

"You're brother says he will treat us to ice cream!" Cassadee says, stopping in front of me with a goofy smile on her face. I look at Alek for confirmation and he just shrugs.

"I'm lactose intolerant."

"You're full of crap, Veronica." My brother says, his voice is full of attitude. "We need to talk, so we're going to get ice cream."

"Whatever, but I'm riding with Cass and Alek."

"Great, then I don't have to sit in the back." Lexi walks off toward Denton's car, followed by Martin who winks at me. Denton looks at Cassadee, as if he is making sure we will defiantly be going - she nods. I roll my eyes and hop into the backseat of Cassadee's car, letting Alek have the front. The ride is silent, and I know that Cassadee knows I'm pissed. She only agree because it was Denton, she chose my brother over me. Great friend she is. I sure know how to pick them.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

17.6K 811 27
Veronica Wilson has been bullied since she could remember because of her size. She is overweight and nobody lets her forget it, not even her own pare...
Cry Me A River De HolleReithofer

Ficção Adolescente

8.5K 319 29
He wore a light blue shirt and leather jacket, and had fluffy black hair that fell into his eyes if his head was tilted just right. He stood with his...
269 67 53
Violetta plays video games on her phone and lives in her own world. That is, until the one person she called a 'friend' disappeared completely from h...
1.1M 39.6K 36
After an accident unexpectedly brings them together, schoolteacher Savanna and wounded motorcyclist Brax develop an unbreakable bond despite secrets...