⁀➷ NO BRAKES

By NEJIVERSE

[COMPLETED] ✎ Y/n Chinen, Miya's older sister is an excellent skater but isn't recognized as one because she'... More

𝐍𝐎 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒
・༺ 𝟐 ༻・
・༺ 𝟑 ༻・
・༺ 𝟒 ༻・
・༺ 𝟓 ༻・
・༺ 𝟔༻・
・༺ 𝟕༻・
・༺ 𝟖 ༻・
・༺ 𝟗 ༻・
・༺ 𝟏𝟎 ༻・
・༺ 𝟏𝟏 ༻・
BOOK 2 OUT!

・༺ 𝟏 ༻・

16.4K 511 988
By NEJIVERSE

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .
˗ˏˋ FIRST MEETING 'ˎ˗
.˚˚˚. 'ˎ˗

"Miya lost?!"

"Unbelievable! The rookie won"

"That was amazing Langa", Reki squealed as he put his arm around Langa's shoulder playfully.

"To think i would lose", Miya looked down at his skateboard with a disappointed look. Reki looked over at him and began to speak.

"I'll tell you the reason you lost", he moved his arm from Langa's shoulder. "Skating is something you have fun doing".

"Fun? No. They'll all disappear in the end", Miya was deep in thought. Reki realized this and flicked his forehead making him snap out of his thoughts and whined in pain as he held his forehead.

"You really are a dumbass aren't you", he snickered. "Not everyone's gonna be like that", his smile widened, "Hey here's an idea! Next time you can race me and we'll see who wins", Reki pointed at himself with pride.

"You're too weak, you'd be no match against me", Miya turned around from Reki.

"Oi!", Reki hollered, "Don't get so cocky just 'cause you're a little better at tricks", he folded his arms while pouting a little.

"Shut up slime", he spat before Reki brought his hands up to Miya's face and started squeezing and pulling them. Soon enough, Reki and Langa started bickering amongst themselves making Miya laugh at their nuttiness.

"You know, you remind me a lot of my sister", he said to Reki while he wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.

"You have a sister?!", the two said in unison as they tilted their heads to the side.

"Yup, and she's almost as good as me", he pointed to himself.

"I wanna challenge her", Reki jumped up and down.

"I guess i could introduce her sometime, since you won't stop pestering me about it".

"I only said it once-"

At that moment, all the talking and chattering came to halt at the sound of a certain someone's voice.

"Skating should be fun, how inspirational", a man with a pale complexion, spiky azure blue hair cascading down the right side of his face and bat winged, narrow eyebrows right above his crimson red irises appeared.

Chattering and murmurs grew amongst the crowd again.

"It's Adam!"

"Wow I've never actually seen him in person before"

"Wait... the legendary?!", Reki's eyes sparkled.

"You're all empty again now, Miya", Adam turned his gaze towards a now melancholy Miya, "there's nothing left for you", he spoke nonchalantly, discarding Miya and started praising Langa.

"Hold on", Reki interrupted his actions, "take back what you just said".

"And if i don't?"

"I'll make you take it back", he kicked his skateboard up to his hands and held it out to Adam, "with this".

Langa and Miya's eyes widened at the fact that Reki had just challenged the Adam.

"If i win, you owe Miya an apology".

"I have no interest in you", a smirk grew on his lips. "But... if i win, i get to skate with you", he said referring to Langa while holding up his chin.

"I'm in", Langa said which made Reki's facial expression turn into a shocked one.

"It's a deal then", Adam smirked.

-the following day...

"So who's this Adam guy anyway", Langa questioned.

"Woww it's just like you to go along with the deal without even knowing anything about the guy", reki gave him a discerning look. "Well for starters, he's the one who started 'S' in the first place".

"Anything else?"

"Actually most of him is a mystery now that i think about it but the founders probably know more about him"

"The founders?"

"Yeah like Cherry, Joe-", Reki was interrupted by an eavesdropping man,

"That's not true",  a man with honey red eyes and neck length, messy green hair, tied into a pony tail spoke.

"Joe?!", Reki looked at him in shock and soon explained to Langa that he was one of the founders.

"I've been skating with Adam before S was established but even I don't understand the guy. He believes skating is a ritual of love, whatever that means", he put his bowl down. "He's definitely a dangerous skater try to avoid him", he got up. "Listen to your senpai's advice see ya!", he waved before putting down an a thousand yen note on the table. "I'll pay for these two, too!".

Langa and Reki looked at the note with faces of disgust, "senpai, this isn't nearly enough..."

-Timeskip

"Are you really gonna do it Reki?"

"Course i am"

"What about Joe's advice?", Reki tousled his hair in frustration at what Langa had said as he picked up his what he thought was cola but was replaced with a protein drink by no other than Miya.

He spat it out and turned around to see Miya holding up the cola can and shaking it around.

"Chugging cola? Are you stupid?"

"Don't be rude Miya", you punched him lightly on the head and casually sat down next to Reki.

"Woah! The handiwork on this is incredible", you exclaimed while inspecting his skateboard, in awe of all the intricate designs.

"What can i say? I'm gifted- wait.. who are you?", Reki tilted his head in confusion.

"That's my sister", Miya said in disgust as he rubbed the top of his head, where you had hit him.

"You did this yourself? Wow!", you smiled handing him his skateboard. "Y/n Chinen". You looked at the two boys you were sitting next to, one with red hair and one with blue hair before placing your hand under your chin.

"You're Langa and he's Reki?", you said pointing at Reki then Langa.

"Actually it's the other way around y/n", Miya emphasized your name while folding his arms.

"Right right". Nodding your head, you slung an arm around Reki's shoulder. "So you're the one who challenged Adam to a beef?", you questioned, earning a small nod from the red head. "Brave of you".

Miya stepped in between you and Reki and showed him his phone. "I made you a practice menu".

"Oh wow", you said.

"You planning on going global or something?!", Reki shocked at how many exercises he planned out.

"Don't you think this is a bit too extra?", Langa eyed the practice menu.

"Got a problem?"

"You're attitude's the problem", you pulled on Miya's ear earning winces of pain from him.

"Ok i'm sorry i'm sorry", miya pleaded making Reki and Langa laugh hysterically.

————————————————

You all watched as Miya skated down the hill at full speed, showing no signs of dropping speed at the upcoming corner.

"He can't make the turn if he doesn't slow down", Reki said as he watched closely at Miya's footwork.

"Oh he will, just watch closely", you retorted, narrowing your eyes as Miya came closer and closer. Once he was close enough to the corner, he flipped his skateboard onto its side and back again, all in one swift move before stopping just after you guys.

"You gotta learn this if you don't want him to pull away at the corner", Miya deadpanned.

Reki's previous face of awe and anticipation soon turned into a face of courage and determination. "I can do that no sweat", he grabbed his skateboard and headed up the hill.

"I can do this", the red head shouted as he came closer to the corner, of course his railslide failed and he tumbled down the hill, losing his skateboard in the process.

"Not enough spin", Miya pinched the bridge of his nose at Reki's failed attempt.

After trying again and again, you all decided to get some food.

——

"Is that all you're eating?!", Reki exclaimed.

"Controlling nutrition is also important for athletes"

"That doesn't mean you should starve yourself", you opened one of your burgers and shoved it into his mouth, "here, you're still a growing boy after all", you stifled a laugh.

Miya pulled away and spat the burger out of his mouth, "what are you doing?! Giving me fatty meat like that!", he waved his arms around.

"If you're a man at least try eating as much as me shrimp", Shadow intruded while he scarfed down his own food.

"Who are you calling shrimp? Eating five burgers? Fat old man!", Miya spat.

"I'm not fat! These are muscles, and i'm only 24".

You and Langa watched as they kept bickering amongst themselves, confused about why they were fighting while you two ate your plateful of burgers then looked at each other before turning to Reki, shrugging your shoulders and proceeding to eat.

———

The next morning you saw Reki trying to perfect the railslide Miya had taught him last night, but no luck.

"Your upper body is plunging too far, you have to be more aware of your balance", you said as you walked up to him with your hands placed behind your back.

"Y/n"

"See if you focus more on your upper body weight you'll eventually get it", you demonstrated on your own skateboard as Reki watched you closely. He nodded his head and tried again, this time better than the last.

"Not quite", you placed your hand on your chin thinking about what exactly he did wrong.

You squatted down and adjusted his right leg a bit on his skateboard and came back up. "There, try it again".

He flipped his skateboard once he got to the corner, this time perfecting it. A bright smile grew on his face as he stared back at you.

"I did it!", he chanted, jumping around in excitement.

"Thank you y/n", he grabbed your two hands and placed them in between his own, holding them up to your chest.

A light pint tint grew on your face as your eyes widened at his sudden actions but soon gave a warm smile back. "Glad i could help".

He released your hands and you put your fist out. "You've got this", you smiled.

He soon bumped his fist with yours and nodded his head in agreement, "yeah".

A/N: i switched from watching sk8 in dub to sub so I would be able to post chapters more regularly DX

Also i know this chap was a bit boring but it'll get better from here on out <3

Make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night!

Author chan out ✌️

Word count: 1717 words
Date: 6/3/21
(D/M/Y)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 1.4K 11
꒦꒷ ❑ ❛ 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙑𝙄𝙊𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙄𝙎𝙏 ⩨ ❛ ꒰ 𝗆𝗂𝗒𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗇 𝗑 𝖿𝖾𝗆!𝗈𝖼 ꒱ : ̗̀➛ 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗎𝗇𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾. 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗈𝗇 �...
78.5K 2.2K 25
❀ The Gifted Ones. 8 amazing and most skilled ❀ skateboarders around the world. One of ❀ which being Y/N L/N, or also known as Neko. ❀ She's the yo...
11.7K 199 21
I decided to do this since i was bored like always and my friends said to do a reki story so here i am 𝐘/𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰�...
2.6K 132 12
"Brother, why do you skate so much?" "Because I enjoy it. Like how you enjoy calligraphy." There were a few seconds of silence. "Do you want to try...