Athena x Nike

By Athena_9909

Ever wondered what it would be like if the ancient Greek wisdom goddess would fall in love with the ancient G... More

#1 * Bright And Early
#2 * The Loyal Guard
#3 * Through Hell And Back
#4 * The Escort
#5 * Dark Dreams
#6 * On Time Is Late
#7 * That One Bloody Party
#7 * That One Bloody Party (part 2)
#8 * Love Like A Battlefield
#9 * Lazy Mornings
#10 * Belated Victory
#12 * Still Waters Run Deep
#13 * "I Am Never Shy"
#14 * How It All Began
#15 * Out And Proud
#16 * Checkmate
#17 * Until I Found You
#18 * Falling Slowly
#19 * Dinner Date
#20 * That Kind Of Special
#21 * The Skatergirl
#22 * Fate Is Cruel
#23 * Jared
#24 * The Skatergirl (Part 2)
#25 * Under The Light Of The Moon
#26 * The Floor Is Lava
Just A Thought
#27 * End Game
#28 * Rain
#29 * The Guitarist
#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)
#31 * Gatedrop
#32 * The Sting Of War
#33 * Golden Appels Are A Curse
#34 * Winter Bets
Just Another Thought
#35 * Tough Love
#36 * Like Old Times
#37 * Losing Game
#38 * Duty Calls
#39 * Challenge Accepted
#40 * CHB (part 1)
#40 * CHB (part 2)
#41 * Story Time
#42 * Night Out?
#43 * Celebrations
#44 * Matching Onesies
#45 * Because Of You...
#46 * Fallen Angel
#47 * Whose Side Are You On?
#48 * Sunny Dreams
#49 * Matching Tattoos
#50 * Visit The Past
#51 * Crimson Vow
#52 * That Day By The Lake
#53 * 'I Promise'
#54 * Lost Without You
#55 * That One Night..
#56 * Down By The River
Not A Chapter * Life Update?
#57 * Subtle Magic
#58 * No Surrender
#59 * Beyond Her Eyes
#60 * Watching From Afar
#61 * In The Dead Of Night
#62 * The Virus
#63 * Pets
#64 * Victory
#65 * Pets (part 2)
#66 * Mental Prison
#66 * Mental Prison (Part 2)
#67 * Siblings
#68 * Heda
#69 * Lilac Sheets Of Satin
#70 * Like Mother Like Daughter
#71 * Siblings (part 2)
72 * Brighter Than Gold
#73 * Soldier On
#74 * Young Gods
#75 * Bribe The Pet
#76 * Owlsitter
77 * Meet the mother
#78 * Rough Day
#79 * Not Prepared
#80 * Savior
#81 * Not prepared (Part 2)
#82 * Poetry
#83 * Calculated victory
#84 * Shattered mind
#85 * Young Winner
#86 * Rightful heir
#87 * Don't think just run
#88 * Don't Tell the kids (part 1)
#89 * Don't tell the kids (part 2)
#90 * Little sister
#91 * Little sister (part 2)
#92 * Better late than never
#93 * I bet
#94 * Man down
#95 * Drunken night
#96 * Victory in the palm of my hand

#11 * You Always Have A Choice

611 20 0
By Athena_9909

Nike was sprawled out all over the bed, wrapped in the sheets. Athena smiled looking at the sleeping angel. She looked simply adorable.

The wisdom goddess contemplated on staying and ignoring the fact that she had to leave. But that would most likely end in a disaster.

After silently getting dressed she glanced at the angel one last time.

"I'll see you soon angel." She whispered.

Then she flashed herself downstairs where she met up with Hermes.

"Good morning." The mischievous god smiled.

"Morning." Athena nodded.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"No."

"I figured. But the sooner we get this over with, the sooner you'll be back here."

Athena nodded. Zeus had wanted her to escort Hermes. He had an important message to deliver. One that couldn't be intercepted.

If it were to fall in the wrong hands, that could mean the end of Olympus. There was no way the wisdom goddess would ever let that happen.

"Why did you even offer it?" Nike asked.

"What can I say? It's in my nature." Athena said, raising her shoulders.

"Besides Zeus would've asked anyway if I hadn't said anything."

"And we both know you can't say no to him." The angel rolled her eyes.

"Sure I can." The wisdom goddess frowned.

"My love, have you ever met yourself? You can't." Nike retorted.

"Yes I can."

"Oh really? Prove it. Tell him you're not escorting Hermes."

"I-... Angel that's not fair." Athena crossed her arms.

"What's not fair is that you take every moment we have together and fill it with some duty to Olympus." The victory goddess grumbled.

That shut Athena up. She didn't mean it like that, but she knew it felt like that to Nike.

"Look I'm sorry. But this is really important." The grey eyed goddess pleaded, taking the angels hands in her own.

"You say that about everything. You know Athena, there comes a moment that it starts to sound more like a lie." Nike pulled her hands away.

She turned her back to the wisdom goddess as a silent tear rolled over her cheek. Of course Nike knew this was important. But was it really that selfish of her to want her girlfriend to stay close to her for once?

Athena sighed. She hated not being able to do anything about this. She was caught between two storms. On one side her family and on the other her angel. She couldn't possibly drop either without facing serious consequences.

Nike woke up alone. She looked at the empty space next to her and sighed. She didn't even say goodbye.

The angel buried her face into her pillow. Why for once couldn't Athena just stay? Why for once couldn't she just say no?

It just wasn't fair. She wanted her girlfriend around. She wanted to do nice things with her. Aside from fighting battles they hardly did anything together.

Fighting a battle with Athena is empowering and she loved it yes, but she would love to do things couples do as well. Go out for dinner or a drink. Go on nice walks in the woods or at the beach. Watch a movie or cuddle together.

When was the last time they even did that?

Athena sat at her desk in front of books, maps and scrolls. Nike noticed she was deeply in thought.

"What are you doing?" She asked her girlfriend.

Athena was pulled from her thoughts and looked up.

"Oh just figuring out the best way to go with Hermes. Make sure we can't be surprised in any way."

Of course she was working. Nike rolled her eyes, but walked up to her. The angel wrapped her arms around the wisdom goddess' shoulders.

"Do you have a lot of work left?" She asked.

The victory goddess already knew the answer was going to be 'yes'. She didn't know why she even bothered to ask.

"Quite a bit yes. Why?" Athena asked.

"Because I miss my girlfriend and I want some cuddles." Nike replied.

Athena smiled, but sighed.

"I'd love to angel, but-"

"You can't cause you're busy. I know. Sorry I interrupted you." The angel cut her off.

She gave the wisdom goddess a kiss on her cheek.

"I'll see you in the morning then. I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

She let go and walked towards the door. For a moment she could swear she heard Athena sigh again.

"Goodnight angel." Nike heard behind her as she left the study.

Just as they were about to leave Athena grabbed Hermes' wrist.

"What?" The latter asked.

"I can't come with you." The wisdom goddess said.

"Are you kidding me? Why not?" The messenger god raised his brow.

"There's something I have to do. Somthing that can't wait."

"Well what about my escort? I'd say that can't wait either."

Hermes crossed his arms. He didn't know what his sister was up to, but it was nothing like Athena to just call of something like this just before they were about to leave. Whatever she had to do really must be important.

"What if I can get you another escort?" Athena asked.

"I suppose if you managed to do that you could go. But where are you going to get one just like that?" Hermes asked.

"I have a favour that needs collecting." The wisdom goddess smirked.

"I owe you one Athena. I admit, without you and your soldiers we'd never have been able to chase those monsters away." Artemis said.

"It's nothing Artemis. We were nearby and we saw you struggle. We just did what we had to." Athena replied with a smile.

"I'm serious sister. If you need anything, just let me know." The younger daughter of Zeus grinned and punshed her sister's arm.

"If you insist." Athena chuckled.

"Where are the rest of your huntresses?"

"They remained at the camp. I took my five best and tracked the monsters here. I never anticipated there would be so many." The goddess of the hunt explained.

"I see." Athena said.

Athena pracitically barged into the camp of the goddess of the hunt. The huntresses immediatly knew this was serious, otherwise Athena would never do this. Without even using words they guided the wisdom goddess towards Artemis.

"Athena wha-" Artemis started, but she didn't get to finish.

"Remember that favour?" Athena questioned.

Her sister nodded.

"I need it. Now actually."

"Sure what do you need?" The goddess of the hunt asked.

"I need you to escort Hermes while he delivers the message." Athena replied.

Athena joined Nike in bed. She was tired. She had been reading for the better half of the night. She could do with some sleep, seeing as the escort was only a few hours away.

"Took you long enough." The angel said next to her.

Nike was laying with her back towards Athena. Part of the wisdom goddess was surprised she didn't get the silent treatment. The other part would've rather had that silent treatment than a cold shoulder.

"I'm sorry angel. I just-"

"Stop lying and don't bother with the excuses. I just want you to hold me. We'll talk in the morning or whenever it is you get back." Nike snapped.

Athena did as asked of her and wrapped an arm around the victory goddess. It felt odd to her. Physically she was holding Nike, but the things that made the angel Nike weren't there.

The goddess started questioning why she had offered on going. Dissapointing Nike was far worse than dissapointing her father.

Athena watched as Artemis and Hermes left. Good, now she could finally do what she had to. She flashed herself back into her and Nike's room.

She saw Nike with her head burried in a pillow. Probably her fault. The wisdom goddess walked closer and sat down on the bed next to Nike.

"Angel? Are you okay?" She asked.

"Ugh really? I'm going to be dreaming about you too? I really don't need that right now!" Nike grumbled into the pillow.

"If you want me to leave again, just tell me please." Athena said, putting her hand on the space between Nike's wings.

The angel jerked up and looked at the grey eyed goddess.

"You're really here? But I thought you had an escort. Don't tell me-"

The wisdom goddess cut her girlfriend of with a kiss.

"Will you let me explain or are you going to ramble the whole time?" She asked.

Nike blushed slightly.

"No. Please, tell me."

"Well, I don't have to escort anyone anymore. I'm home for the foreseeable future." Athena said with a smirk.

Nike's jaw dropped. No way this was happening. This wasn't real. And yet the hand on her back she was so aware of told her it was.

"You're messing with me..." The angel said skeptically.

"Do I look like someone who jokes around?" Her girlfriend asked.

"Fair point, but still. This was 'so important'. How did you manage to get out of it?" Nike asked.

"Well, Artemis owed me one and I pulled a few strings. So I don't have to be anywhere anytime soon." The wisdom goddess smiled.

"You're serious? Like would swear on the river Styx serious?" The victory goddess raised a brow.

"I swear on the river Styx I won't be going anywhere anytime soon." Athena swore.

Thunder rumbled in the distance and Nike couldn't have been happier. She wrapped her arms around Athena's neck and kissed her, long and deep.

"I missed you. The real you." The angel whispered.

"I know." Athena replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704 65 10
Nike, an angel and the goddess of Victory, meets Metis, the titaness of wisdom and prudence. She crushes on this titaness who is simply gorgeous, but...
6.9K 354 18
Hello! I am completely rewriting Disney's animated movie, Hercules, into a Supercorp story because why not I love the movie and I love the ship so co...
815K 21.4K 97
1st Place in the Percy Jackson Wattys 2018 * '"So it's settled then." Zeus said, "In order to solidify our truce with Nyx Apollo will marry Nyx's dem...
21.4K 428 17
COMPLETED When Percy is asked to fill in as Praetor for Frank, he expects to spend his days at Camp Jupiter and help Reyna. What he doesn't expect is...