Boy Next Door - Dabi x Reader

By DABISFLVME

Your senior year is around the corner a new boy moves in next to you. You promise to stay away from him since... More

prologue
new guy
at the beach
golden boy
window
party
memory
janitor
facade
preppy neighbor
dinner
club by the beach
nurse
talk
pride
a cry for help
check up
hopeless case
a gift?
lets try this
love?
rain
short dress
lights off
its really you
a visit
an extra burger
sick
verdict
don't be a stranger
sleepover
wattpad issue
parasite
model for me
truth
first date
just for tonight
initiative
sounds like a plan
essay
mad
stress
leeches
say it
no biggie
anxious
xoxo
shattered
square one
confidentiality
plug
raincheck
dealer
the movie
ice cream
reject
absent
lovesick
hide and seek
shut up
sundress
hair dye
a jog
jumpy
cat fight
pulse
i love you
chance
old habits
an end to this
flight
goodbye
surprise!!

shaking

18.8K 628 1.2K
By DABISFLVME

"You unclip my bra and I will punch you"

"You're no fun princess"

You felt Dabi's large hand leave your back and shoved it back into his pockets. "You coming to the cafeteria?" You look up at him, with sparkly eyes looking at his. "No thanks, that's trashy ass food" He spat and you pouted.

It had been about two weeks since you broke up with Keigo, and started your new "friends with benefits" with Dabi. The sex was amazing, and the friendship grew even stronger. It was a nice period, although you couldn't stop from worrying about something bad happening, it was too calm.

Dabi was practically your only friend at the moment, at least in school. It cost you some nasty stares, but you enjoyed him as your only ally. From time to time you would have some sort of awkward encounter with your former friends. But you thanked god you haven't had Hawks face to face with you.

"I'm not grounded anymore by the way"

"Uhm.. that's alright, what time you want me to come over"

"God, stop making it sound like we're a bunch of sex workers"

"I'm sorry, you wanted a formal request or something?"

You huffed and followed him to his motorcycle parking to talk. You decided to skip lunch like him, it was better than eating alone anyway. "I was going to say no either way, I'm on my period" He stays looking at you, "well that sucks, wanna blow me them?" you slap him in the shoulder. "I swear.. is that all you're thinking about?" You scolded him and he give you a cocky grin.

"If we're talking about you, then yes, that is all I think about"

Your cheeks lit up bright red at his comment. This guy is so annoying. "Can we just go eat somewhere?" he shakes his head. "You seem to be blurring the lines between fuck buddies and an actual relationship" He lectures and you roll your eyes. "Before all of that shit we're friends, you wanna tell me friends can't eat together?" you say and notice him groan, I am right though.

"Fine, just don't make it fucking weird"

"You're literally the one making it weird!"

You laugh and glance to the side, seeing Hawks walking in the distance. He also locks eyes with you. You froze in your spot, not knowing what to do, it had been a while since those yellow eyes have pierced your soul. He had blank expression face, and quickly turned his head away.

"I don't get why you can't just get back with him"

"Well- That's because... He.."

"Don't tell me you left him for me, (Y/n) i thought you were smart"

"Shut your trap, not everything's about you"

Maybe that line was a bit too cold, but you have to get the record straight. This was because Dabi was right, you did leave Hawks so you could be with him. But what good would telling him do?

You snap out of your temporary daydream and see Dabi talk on the phone. "Well fuck me...mom I don't want to see the bastard, besides I have plans" He said sharply and you pay full attention. "He did what now? Mom, he can't do that, it's yours, and tell him I'm applying to where ever the fuck I want, he should be lucky i even wanna study" He continues to speak coldly and meets his eyes with yours. You've never witness him in such a serious state before.

"Fine, but I'm not staying more than 10 minutes" He hung up abruptly and sighed. "I'm guessing our plans are on hold" You mumbled and he hummed in affirmation. "It's alright, I'll see if I can make my own plans.. with Toga or something" You smiled at him and he looked the other way. "Toga's one crazy bitch, you sure you can handle it?" He half smiled and you chuckled.

"I'll be fine"

"I know you will"

Lunch time was over, and you two split ways. You headed off to your remaining classes, and he left early, something about getting a haircut with Spinner. But that was just code for 'I'm going to get high outta my fucking mind'. You chuckled to yourself with these thoughts, only to be bumped in the shoulder by Rumi on the way to a class.

"Oh yeah, (y/n)"

"Hi Rumi"

"Glad to find you here, I've actually been meaning to tell you a few things"

It felt like a mean girls movie, where a bunch of sassy girls match up for a catwalk. You crossed your arms and waited for her to continue speaking. "If you think Hawks is wallowing in tears, you're wrong, in fact, he couldn't be happier!" She squeals in a tone that made you wanna punch her.

"That's great, I'm glad to see him well" You fake smiled and tried to keep walking, but she strongly gripped your arm. "Oh and now that we don't have to keep pretending to be friends, there's no chance in hell you're getting into that university, better in enroll in some community college and save yourself the trouble" She spat at you, her angry face meeting yours.

"Well that's too bad, because I already applied"

"What a waste of time"

"Is that all you wanted to tell me, dear old Rumi?"

"You're nothing without Hawks, enjoy the dirt, because my neck hurts just by looking down at you"

Her strong grip on you loosens and finally walks away. You're now breathing easy with her gone, and you couldn't stop your body from shaking, and not in the way you'd like..

After classes you headed home quickly, still a bit shaken up from that event. You called up Toga to do something now that you weren't grounded, but she said was busy doing god knows what. So now you were munching on caramel popcorn catching up on your shows.

"(Y/n) I'm home" You hear your father call out and enters your room. "I thought I told you you weren't grounded anymore, you staying in tonight?" He spoke and leaned against the door. "I was supposed to go out and eat with Dabi, but something came up with his parents I think, and then my backup plan also bailed on me, so yes, I am staying in tonight" He chuckled at the story time you were putting on for him.

"We talked about Dabi.."

"He's technically the only guy I hang out with at school, and no red flags"

"I trust you but we'll eventually have to invite him to dinner"

"Yeah yeah"

You two laughed it off and he left you alone. The hours went by and you managed to fit a limited series, a nap, and an impulsive purchase of online clothes. And during your nightly dose of tiktok, your dad sent you a message. Take out the trash please.

You exhaled and moved up and down the stairs. You were in an oversized sweater, soft pajamas, and big fluffy bunny slippers. You pull the trash and walked outside to drop it off in the big can. Entering the house, you wiped your and before you go upstairs, you hear the faint voice of Dabi.

"You don't live here so you don't make any decisions!"

"Stop being so childish, who do you think pays for your crap? Not to mention you reek of marijuana! Rei what kind of restraint have you been giving this boy?"

"Leave her out of this bastard"

"And just where the hell are you going?"

Dabi bursts out of his front door and sits in the entrance. Don't go don't don't go. He probably doesn't wanna see you. It's a horrible time to try and comfort him. Silence is all you hear and it's almost unsettling how quiet it is.

And so you walked out.

He had his head down in his knees, so he didn't notice your presence, until you sit next to him. There was little distant between the two, but close enough for comfort.

"Are those bunny slides"

"Maybe~"

"You look ridiculous"

You giggled and continued to look at him. His head still down, and while you were scanning him again, you noticed a new strand of white hair. You guessed he religiously paints his hair to hide its true shade. But why? His mother has beautiful white hair... does he not like it?

A free hand of yours pets his hair. He's shaking.. like crazy. Holy shit.. is he scared? "I uh.. got these on sale, I think they're pretty cute, I could buy you some if you want, then we'll be matching" You ramble on about the shoes, scared of of mentioning anything fragile.

He didn't respond.

"Anyways.. Toga bailed on me, I wasn't surprised though, maybe I'm not ready for a girl's night with her"

Silence.

"Oh! And Rumi threatened me back at school, saying I'm nothing without Hawks, pretty spooky stuff, you should've been there"

Throughout all of this, he hadn't talked, at all. Your hand continued to caress his hair down to his neck. You then decided, I should leave him alone. Before fully getting up, he grabs your hand and pulls you into a strong hug. He smelled like sweat, and a little like weed, but the fact that he was still tembling came as a shock.

He buried his head deep into the crook of your neck, rocking the both of you only slightly. It took you a while until you hugged him back and patted him softly.

"I-I don't wanna enter.. please don't make me go back there, please.. I can't, I-"

You hushed him gently, "And you won't go back there, don't worry.." You whispered, feeling his fingers dig into your back. He only hummed nervously at your comment.

"Do you wanna stay over with me tonight?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 33.4K 94
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
191K 8.6K 107
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
74.8K 2K 43
@jackgilinsky liked your photo.
281K 5.7K 31
⚠️This story contains smut, drugs, bad language, violence and s3l7 h@r|\/|.⚠️ I do not own any of these characters, only the story and the writing is...