Only The Brave

LouisIsGolden28 द्वारा

"Tomlinson, you're fifteen minutes late. On your first day!" His new chief raises his voice a bit. Louis is... अधिक

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
Thank you! + sequel
Sequel!

n i n e

9.7K 331 183
LouisIsGolden28 द्वारा

TW: ANGSTY CHAPTER !!! (some real police action, guns and stuff, I hope I didn't make it too angsty, I'm sorry already 😬) 

It's been two weeks since they've restarted their whole investigation with the side thought that the commander and others might be moles. It's Friday today and they're gearing up to break into a warehouse that's used by the cartel they're investigating. 

Louis tightens his bulletproof vest before repeating the plan for invasion in his head again, he'll be at the front with Zayn and Chief Styles. 

They're expecting it to be empty since they've had 24/7 patrol checking every person going in and out. 

"Everyone ready?" Styles asks his detectives. 

Most of them nod and say 'yeah' making him grunt in acceptance. 

Louis isn't scared of this kind of jobs, he's used to the stress and the risks he's taking. The only thing that's been scaring him is the danger his job is bringing to his family and the little chance of Lucas losing him. 

"Can you check my vest, real quick, Lou?" Linda, a detective who works at their station, lovely women who just had her second baby last year. Zayn always jokes about how old everyone else is but they're mostly between 30 and 40 years old. 

Louis, Zayn and Harry are practically the youngest there. 

"Sure," Louis checks everything and pats her back, "all safe, Linda." 

She smiles and thanks him kindly. See, Louis made friends with everyone on his floor and everyone absolutely loves him. Well everyone but his chief, Kevin and Kevin's friend. 

He doesn't even know what-, wait what's her name? Sharon? Shanon?, either way, he doesn't even know what  her exact job is except for desperately flirting with Styles and gossiping with Kevin.

⚡︎

Once they've arrived at the warehouse Louis starts feeling the exciting yet anxious butterflies in his stomach spreading all over his body slowly. 

They jump out and are quite literally swarmed by officers and other special forces who are there to help them with any kind of outcome this invasion will give. 

Louis sighs and checks his gun again, just to be sure. 

"Isn't that 'just Louis'," Alex laughs and waves at him when he spots the detective he just met a few weeks ago.

Louis smiles, "It is, just Alex." 

"So, you'll be going in first? Not scared at all?" 

"Nah, lad. I'm used to this," Louis shrugs with a grin, "I'm a little bit excited, though." 

Harry looks for Zayn and Louis trying to gather them when he sees Louis giggling with some officer.  He balls his fist in anger, this is one of the most important moments in their investigation and he's just flirting with some guy five minutes beforehand? 

"Tomlinson, here, now!" Harry yells after taking Zayn's arm to drag them aside.

Louis' eyes widen before he apologizes to Alex and makes his way to his Chief. 

"Now is not the time to flirt with some slutty officer, Tomlinson. This is important, yeah?!" Harry spits, making Zayn roll his eyes. 

"I'm sorry Chief, it's just a friend, he's not slutty nor was I flirting," Louis answers cooly having a really hard time not rolling his eyes too. He's never talked back to Styles but he can't keep on apologizing while he's an absolute ass. 

Harry squints his eyes at his tone more before grunting, "It's not the time for chitchat either. Repeat the plan one more time, both of you." 

Zayn and Louis explain it step by step, kind of impressing Harry of how much they've remembered, maybe they were taking it more serious than he thought. 

Once in front of the door, the three of them are more focused than ever, Louis taking the left side, Harry the middle and Zayn the right side. 

It's like a big maze once they're in, fortunately they had maps beforehand so they're just following the way they've memorized, if everything would go according to the plan they would all meet in at the back of the warehouse where the paths they followed will cross. 

Louis checks everything throroughtly, pointing his gun in every direction before turning. He passed a lot of stacks with millions worth of cocaine and other drugs. 

Once he's at the end of his path he sees a light where their paths cross, the closer he gets the more he's sure it isn't one of his colleagues flashlights. He breathes in slowly before moving closer, trying to make no sound at all. 

Harry got stopped halfway when he heard something in one of the side hall he was passing, turned out to be a recorder playing an old tape of people talking. He cursed himself for approaching it this slowly and losing a lot of time whilst doing it. 

But he also figures the cartel knew they were coming, making him even more anxious about the outcome, his detectives were now faster than him if they didn't have any distractions. He's expecting the worst while he makes his way deeper into the warehouse. 

Zayn on the other hand got distracted by a light in one of the side paths, his heart was beating out of his chest once he got the nerve to enter it all by himself and check it out. The other detectives and officers who were following them were way too behind to wait for. 

Making both of them slower than Louis, he was now alone at the end of the hall he searched. He tiptoed a bit further until he saw an open space at the end. 

He stepped forwards, quietly and looked around for one, Zayn and his Chief and two, any unusual situations. Once he pointed his gun to every side and was almost sure he didn't see anyone, he heard a ruffling noise behind him. 

His heart was beating in his throat over the deafening silence making his palms sweaty. He was turning around slowly only to be met by a gun about 8 feet away from his face. 

Since he was still holding his gun in front of him they were now pointing at each other, sweat forming on Louis' back yet his mind still clear of all the consequences. 

"You don't get who you're dealing with," the man, who looked like he's been shooting up xtc in his veins ever since he was born, chuckled. 

Louis swallowed thickly, "I do." 

"No, you don't, if you did you wouldn't be in here, on our territory," The man spits and thrusts his gun towards Louis. 

Louis backed away a bit, cursing his reflex for showing his anxious side. 

When Harry comes to the end of his hall he gasps silently, he was right, someone was here and they mislead them. In the corner of his eye he sees Zayn at the end of his hall, eyes wide open, seeing his partner at gunpoint. 

Luckily for them they've learned a lot of signs at the academy to communicate at moments like this.

Once Harry sees the man thrusting his gun but Louis still trying to keep his strong demeanor, he sees how this could end badly, he signs the plan to Zayn and tells him he'll count. 

Louis couldn't see if his partners arrived or not, he was too busy focusing on the man's actions in front of him. The moment he sees the man pulling the trigger, his hands starts shaking. 

Finally thinking about the consequences he let the fear fill his body. 

When the guy pulls the trigger, Harry counts and set off his plan, jumping into the scene. At the same time a gunshot rang through the warehouse. 

⚡︎

HII!!

I've never ended on a cliffhanger and I really wanted to try it you know, just to be quirky and stuff :p 

pls don't hate me I'll update soon, I swear :) 

I hope you're still as invested ad I am because I love this thriller kind of thing that I have going on rn :D

Again please don't hate me I'll try to update today if it's possible, otherwise tomorrow :)) 

Stay safe and tpwk!! 💛

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

The Mafia Case {L.S} H द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

77.4K 2.5K 28
Harry Styles. If you saw him in the street you wouldn't know who he is. He works at an intelligence agency knows as the IICF (international investiga...
48.5K 2.2K 29
Ever since Harry stumbled into Rough Patch, Louis couldn't get him out of his head, whether it's teasing him about his music taste, or trying to see...
44.2K 693 64
*Story contains mature and explicit content* "Something wrong sweetheart ?" Harry's cocky tone only makes my blood boil more, and I don't even think...
11K 342 38
Harry Styles is a femine 17 year old boy who is starting over at a new school due to his mother wanting him out of her house. He doesn't show that he...