The Traitor of Olympus [REWRI...

By _Chris-Rodriguez

Percy and Annabeth's college lives are cut short because following the fall of Gaia, others now have decided... More

Chapter One- Leo
Chapter 3- Percy
An Update/Apology
Chapter 4- Percy
Chapter 5- Frank
Chapter 6- Frank

Chapter 2- Reyna + Leo

182 5 14
By _Chris-Rodriguez

Hello, little earthlings! Gods, I'm sorry if you don't like two characters in one chapter, but honestly I think it's better than two fillers in a row, right? Sorry about that. You're all awesome, so here's an early update! c:This chapter is dedicated to... *epic music and drumroll* ALL OF YOU MUFFINS! YAY! Yeah, I'm acting like I'm high again. Also, I don't mind criticism as long its not well... Pure hate. If there are any things you want in the next chapter, feel free to pm or comment! Remember to comment and press the star button if you likey! If you don't, well, I don't think Thanatos will pay you a visit. But still.

Leo

Leo could finally examine Nick's features. He had orange eyes (seriously?) which seemed to have flames burning behind them. He seemed to always be scowling because of the downward turn of his mouth.

Festus suddenly creaked, snapping Leo out of it. "Wha-? Oh, ok. Hey Nick, just wait here. We're landing at Camp Jupiter now."

"Kay."

A few minutes later, the Argo 2 landed at the Roman camp. As soon as the two demigods stepped of the ship, a statue of Terminus appeared in front of them.

"Oh no, not you and that ship again," he groaned. "I warn you, Leo Valdez, if that monstrosity- (Leo muttered some insults that are unsuitable for PG audiences)- of a ship fires on my city I will personally make it go BOOM! Understood?"

"Yeah, yeah. Won't happen again, blah blah blah, et cetera.

"Insolence! I am slapping your face, Leo Valdez, can you feel that?"

"Uhhh... Yeah. Anyway, where's Frank and Hazel and the others?"

"In the Senate House, having a meeting with your Graecus friends.

"Got it. C'mon, Nick."

The both of them then crossed the Pomerian Line into the city of New Rome and headed towards the Senate House. Leo knocked on the door and they both entered.

"-Honouring the loss of our late augur, Octavian and one of the demigods of Prophecy of Seven, Leo V-" Reyna, Praetor of Rome, noticed his presence and stopped mid-sentence. "Wha?..."

"How?... How did you survive?"Jason said with incredulity, before breaking into a grin and he along with Frank, Hazel, Piper, Percy and Annabeth, ran towards him and yelled and shrieked as they all jumped on him, essentially crushing him. "I missed you guys too, but please don't suffocate Uncle Leo today, ok? I'm in a good mood," he grinned.

"Sorry, man,"Jason said as they all got off him to let him get up." It's just so good to see you."

"Thank gods you're alive!" Hazel squealed as she crushed him yet again in a hug. " You idiot!" she said, as she let go of him. "I almost cried when I thought you were dead," she said loudly. Then, she slapped him on the face.

"Ow!"

"Hey man, I missed you," Percy grinned. Leo tried to ignore the fact that Percy and Annabeth hadn't let go of each other's hands once since Leo's arrival.

"Hey, Leo," Annabeth said, while sniffing her nose."Sorry, I got a cold last week."

Piper and Frank just grinned and waved.

Only then, someone noticed Nick, who was standing to the side. "Sorry to interrupt this joyful reunion, but who is he?" Reyna asked, nodding her head towards Nick.

"Oh, uhh, that's Nick. I met him at Camp Half-Blood. He's a son of Haephastus."

He then looked at Nyssa and yelled at her," Hey, Nyssa, why don't you show him around when you get back to camp?"

"Sure thing," she yelled back with a grin.

Leo walked over to Nick and said,"You heard that, right bro?"

"Yeah," Nick said.

"Hey, bro, no need to be shy. These campers, they're nice, especially Haephastus ones," Leo smiled. "Ok, go with Nyssa. She'll show you around when you get back," and Nick walked over to sit with the Haephastus campers.

Leo walked over to Reyna and asked "Hey, your speech and stuff done?"

"Yes."

"Great, I gotta talk to you and the rest of the seven."

When they were all outside the Senate House, Leo cleared his throat. "Ehhh, sorry to end the cheery-happy moment, but Gaia gave me a warning." He then proceeded to tell them what the Earth Mother had told him.

After he finished, Frank looked sceptical. "But why would any ally of the gods want to start a rebellion against them?"

"Yeah, it sounds sketchy, but we should just be on the alert for any wierd stuff going on," Jason said.

"Yes, the legion will be on the lookout for anything...suspicious," Reyna agreed.

"Let's return to the House before they send out a search party," Percy suggested.
"Good idea," Jason smirked.

Reyna

"Wait." Everybody looked at the Praetor. "If it is alright I will inform the legion after the Greeks leave," Reyna said, most certainly not asking for permission.

"You still don't trust us?" asked Piper with incredulity.
"I trust the Greeks perfectly well, but I'm still not sure about that new demigod. Nick, was it?"
"Woah, thats not cool. Not cool," Leo said wide-eyed.
"Reyna's right, Leo. You only just met him," Hazel countered.
"I guess you're right," Leo shrugged eventually. "And, guys? He can control fire too. Maybe that's why I stood up for him."

The demigods exchanged glances.
"Alright then, I'll get the Haephastus campers to watch him," Jason.
"Do that, but I wish for all of you to stay in New Rome for a while. We must discuss what Gaia has told Leo, and how to take action. If that's all, we shall return to the House then, for we must have a new augur."

The eight demigods walked in silence back to the Senate House and Reyna then continued the meeting. "Now that the medals of honour and et cetera have been given, and our Greek friends have left except for the seven of the phrophecy, we have a matter of Rome to settle. We must now elect a new augur, following the death of the last one. The cohorts have chosen their candidates, and the Senate will vote on the candidate they think best for the role."
The cohorts applauded politely.

Reyna started reading the list. "From the First Cohort... Mike Kahale!" Reyna had a hint of a smile on her face. "Second Cohort, Alyssa vanReich! Third Cohort, Hank! Fourth Cohort, Augustus Relhana! And from the Fifth Cohort..."Frank had a wide grin on his face. "Hazel Levesque!"

All the cohorts cheered and applauded as one, and Reyna had to yell, "Silence! The Senate will now decide the new augur!"

Reyna said sternly, "Senate members, I must remind you that this is not a matter of honour for your cohort. It is a matter of deciding the new augur. I also remind you that the augur is second-in-command, and also reads the phrophecies. For that job, a descendant of Apollo is preferred, but not essential."

"I would like you all to fill in the form in front of you, ranking the candidates from one to five. Their background information is also on that form."

Ten minutes later, when the Senate members submitted their form, Reyna read and wrote a name on another sheet.
"Romans, the name of our new augur is on this very sheet I am holding," Reyna said.

"Hazel Levesque, centurion of the Fifth Cohort, step forward. The Fifth Cohort cheered her on as she shakily came forward, and got a bit more courage when Frank gave her a warm smile.

"Hazel Levesque, you have been selected as the new augur of the Twelfth Legion Fulminata. You have the right to decline or accept this post. If you choose to decline, the post will go to the second-placed candidate."

"And who is that?" Hazel asked.

"I will not say until you have either accepted or declined," the Praetor said, the edges of her mouth curling into a small smile.

"I decline," she said eventually. She turned to her Cohort and said, "Sorry, everyone, but... I just can't. I'd really just love to stay with you guys, be your centurion, not the second-in-command to the whole legion."

Then, slowly, every member of the Fifth Cohort rose to their feet and applauded their centurion. Five minutes later, Reyna finally continued. "Since Hazel Levesque has declined to be augur, the person who was in second place will be given the same choice."

"That person is... Mike Kahale!" she said with a smile, and this time, the legionnaires of the First Cohort were the ones cheering their centurion on. "Mike Kahale," Reyna said, her dark eyes glittering. "Do you accept the role of augur?"

The whole legion held their breath, and there was complete silence. "I accept," the new augur said.

Then, the legion rose and cheered as Mike threw his arms around Reyna. "I love you," he whispered. Reyna started to cry, her obsidian eyes watering. "Thank you," she sobbed. Then, she pushed him away and kissed him as the legion looked on. A minute later they let go, and the legion cheered for the couple.
Reyna's eyes were still wet, but she had a smile on her face. "Romans, we have a new augur! Before I dismiss this meeting, Senatus Popolusque Romanus!"

After the legion left, Frank went up to Mike and Reyna. "Congrats, Mike. New augur. Nice," he grinned. "You too, Reyna."

She blushed. "Thanks, but later we have serious matters to discuss."

To be honest, I wasn't too happy with that one. Since I'm feeling pretty nice, I won't end it with a cliffhanger. Wait, was that a cliffhanger? I dunno. Btw guys, I really dunno when my next update will come out, because I have a football tournament. Anyway, thanks for reading, rainbow-flavoured muffins! Luv all of you, and peace out :D! Whoever comments first will get a dedication in the next update! I'm bored, so anyone wanna just chat or fanboy/ fangirl?

Question: Would you rather be a Roman centurion, or a Greek head counsellor, or *gasps* the Oracle?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.2K 2.5K 48
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
597K 30.2K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
393K 23.8K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
112K 900 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...