The Dark between the Stars

By Roseanamy

---- "Chan it's not the way you see it. Trust me." I said with pleading eyes. He ignored my presence and wen... More

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: First Impression
Chapter 2: Proposal
Chapter 4: Wedding
Chapter 5: Business trip
Chapter 6: A fresh start
Chapter 7: Few steps closer
Chapter 8: Sick
Chapter 9: A healing date
Chapter 12: Panic Attack
Chapter 11: He cares
Chapter 12: Opening up
Chapter 13: New normal
Chapter 14: Falling for him
Chapter 15: Trip
Chapter 16: Jealous
Chapter 17: Mistake
Chapter 18: Birthday
Chapter 19: Rain
Chapter 20: Beach
Chapter 21: Misunderstanding
Chapter 22: Where are you?
Chapter 23: Terrible at staying away
Chapter 24: Warning
Chapter 25: Something's wrong
Chapter 26: A night with Seo-Woo
Chapter 27: Hiding
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Shopping
Chapter 31: Missing
Chapter 32: Where am I?
Chapter 33: The End

Chapter 3: The Contract

1.1K 59 4
By Roseanamy

Rosé P.O.V

It was a Thursday evening and I was really busy at the hospital since one of the doctors was on leave. After getting done with my out-patients, I went to the ICU to check on a patient I operated on yesterday.

I went to the hospital's cafe for getting caffeine in my blood. I took my coffee just when my phone beeped. I took it out to read the message.

"Come to 'Ainsoft' at 5 pm."

I didn't recognise the number neither the place. So I replied,
"I'm sorry who is it?"

"The person you're getting married to soon." The reply came.

Shock will be a small word for what I just felt. I had been so busy lately that I forgot about this. It's 4:30pm already. I wanted time to get ready before meeting him since I don't wanna make a bad impression on our first encounter.

"I have some patients to check on. Will it be okay if I take an hour more?" I replied lying about the patient part since I was almost free.

"I'll give you an extra 30 minutes. See you at my office by 5:30." The reply came.

A memory of the patient's guardian who came a while ago with her niece flashed in my mind, how he asked me to come back in 15 minutes. What wrong with people being authoritative these days.

I went to my apartment and got ready and then I was about to reach my car when I realised I shouldn't take my car since it has been acting up for a while and I can't risk being late on our first meeting. I took a cab and it stopped in front of a big building. I was amazed by the view, I haven't been to any company except my dad's. But this company was magnificent than all the other companies in Seoul.

I went inside and was about to ask the receptionist for his office when something dawned upon me.

'Oh shit! I don't know his name.'
Should I ask him? Or should I ask my parents? I was about to call my parents when someone patted me from behind.

"Excuse me? I've been observing you for a few minutes, I saw you tensed and couldn't stand still so I came to ask if everything's alright?" The guy said.

"Everything is okay." I smiled meekly.

"You can tell me. I can solve everything. Not everyone gets this opportunity you know." He said smirking.

"Would he know the name of Mr. Park son?" I mumbled to myself.

"Chanyeol? You came here to see him. Are you Dr. Roseanne Park?" He asked.

"Yes. And you are..?" I asked while putting my phone back in pocket and sighing in relief.

"I'm Baekhyun. His best friend and co-owner of this company. Let me escort you to his office Ms.Roseanne." He said.

"Call me Rosé." I replied and he nodded smiling.

We were about to enter an elevator when I suddenly asked him,

"How about we take stairs? It'll be good for our health to walk." I said. I knew I sounded dumb but I can't tell him I'm afraid of closed spaces.

"I'm afraid that a walk for 41 floors won't be that pleasant for our health Dr.Rosé." He chuckled.

I looked at him and then the elevator. I can't just ride in right? I was about to say something when he got a call.

I stood there with him while he talked on phone. After putting his phone in his pocket he said,
"I'm sorry. I'll take my leave. It's nice meeting you. Floor 41. Ask the receptionist and she'll guide you to his room." He said signalling someone to bring his car.

Maybe something urgent came up. I thanked him while bowing slightly and went to the stairs. 41 floors it's gonna take long now.

After reaching the floor, I was breathless but I still managed to ask about his room from the receptionist.

She took me to the second door on the left.

"This is Sir's room." She smiled at me and walked past me.

I stepped forward and tried to compose myself. I don't know why I feel so nervous now. I've never been this nervous in my life before. I felt like once I walk through this door my life would never be the same again.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
I heard a faint "Come in" from the other side of the door. I opened the door slowly and walked in.

The man who I assume is Mr. Park Chanyeol was standing by the window, his back facing me. He's tall, at least 6'1. He had broad shoulders.

"You're 20 minutes late." He said still looking outside the window.
Wait I know that voice. I've heard this before.

I was trying to remember him but he suddenly turned. His eyes widened when he looked at me and he yelled, "YOU!" While a gasp left my mouth.

Chanyeol P.O.V

My mom gave me her number the other day and asked me to take her out on a date and get to know her. But what's the point of doing this when it's all forced to begin with. So, I had a plan and texted her to see in my office. I also told my parents about this and told them I'll show her my company and we'll have a talk. In short, I managed to compel them it'll be better than going out. I saw her coming out of the cab at 5:20pm. I don't know what took her so long to come to my office.

I was expecting her to be a typical nerd. And I had an image of her in my mind but when I turned and saw her I didn't expect to meet Seo Woo's doctor.

"You!" I yelled at her making her flinch but she also was surprised to see me. I can see it all over her face.

I thought she's professional when I first met her and how she managed to listen to me peacefully when I was throwing tantrums at hospital made me think she's different. But now here all girls are the same. I will never meet a person who's not behind my money. She must've recognised me from the start. But I didn't know she can stoop so low to get me. Making my parents blackmail me into this marriage. Nice try Roseanne Park.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. Please sit." I said.

She sat on the sofa and I took some papers and put them in her front.

"What is it?" She asked softly.

"The CONTRACT. You can read and sign later." I said.

She nodded and grabbed the papers from the table and started reading them. I couldn't read her face but I'm sure she'll get angry and call off the marriage. I was smirking when I suddenly realised she was signing those papers. Shit she's signing them. How can she do that?

"Since you signed these..." I was saying something when her phone started ringing.

"I'm sorry. I need to take this." She said.

She was on the phone call when suddenly she stood up and said,
"I'll be there. Try to stop his bleeding and arrange some blood."

After putting her phone down, she looked at me with moist eyes and said,
"I'm extremely sorry but I need to take my leave."

I knew it was an emergency so, I picked up my coat and car keys and said,
"Let's go."

"Where?" She asked

"To the hospital obviously." I said as if I stated a fact.

Rosé P.O.V

I never expected it to be him. The guy I met at the hospital. But I maintained my composure.

After sometime he handed me some papers and I read them.

'The Contract'

1. We won't interfere in each other lives.
2. Only closed friends will come to our wedding.
3. You'll accompany me to all our business parties.
4. You're not allowed to be in any relationship as long as you are in this marriage.
5. None of people other than close business associates should know about this arrangement.
6. The contract will end by the end of the coming year.

Can I say no? I can't be selfish when my dad needs me the most. Only 13 months and I'll be out of it.
I signed the papers but my eyes were getting teary. Not here Rosé.

I never mentioned it to someone but I am so obsessed with the idea of romance. I read a lot of cliché romantic stories in my teenage. I dreamt to that when I'll grow up, I'll fall in love with someone and then marry him and spend rest of my life with him. But maybe that's every girl's fantasy. And real life isn't based on fantasy. I should start being realistic now.

He was about to say something when a nurse called me telling about an accident patient who's about to reach hospital and there are chances of concussion. He's lost a lot of blood and need medical aid as soon as possible.

I told Chanyeol that I need to leave without giving an explanation. He stood up, grabbed his keys and told me that he'll drop me at the hospital. How does he know that I didn't bring the car?

Rosé it's not time to think about this, the patient needs urgent help. Just take the ride.

I followed him out of his office and he walked towards a private elevator. I completely forgot about the floors.
"Should I take the elevator?" I mumbled to myself.

(A/N; how's the story going? Are you guys enjoying it?
What do you think about Rosé character? Hiding her weaknesses and being strong outside. Should she start to think about herself before everyone else?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 404 19
It's amazing how one second, it feels like everything is perfect. Like he's reached heaven on earth. And then in the next second, that heaven can be...
3.3K 500 31
Ansh Malhotra , the CEO of 'BLACK ROSE ,' one of the most successful and richest companies, hides his identity and attends his brother's college as a...
158K 3.3K 32
Y/n's life was filled with ups and down(s) -- he doesn't have a lot of friends at school because of his cold face and straightforwardness. At home, h...
27.7K 1.3K 42
"Get out," he sighed. "N-" I got out. "Nah, you can go," he shook his head. "Babe," I called out, but he wasn't having it. "I fucking risked my life...