HEARTRENDER • Edmund Pevensie

Od -kpotter

(harry potter x narnia ff) It was a known fact that Delilah Greengrass was awful at Ancient Runes. Desperate... Více

prologue
one- umbitch
two- aquila lestrange
three- the heartrender
five- attack
six- death eater(s)
seven- two tutors
eight- she's my sister, after all
nine- hog's head
ten- stubbly fingers
eleven- the da
twelve- study session
thirteen- code cracking
fourteen- the manor to grimmauld
fifteen- christmas day part 1
sixteen- christmas day part 2
seventeen- escape
eighteen- valentines day
nineteen- parties and friends
twenty- pevensie
twenty one- busted
twenty two- parties and studies
twenty three- begging and gagging
twenty four- to london and the prophecy
twenty five- goodbye
twenty six- snuffles jr
twenty seven- florean fortescue
twenty eight- one month anniversary
twenty nine- the carnival
thirty- the burrow
thirty one- slughorn's lunch
thirty two- non verbal
all caught up

four- fire

218 7 1
Od -kpotter

Delilah returned to the common room, glad to see her friends sitting in the corner, but sad to see the homework in front of them. She took a seat next to Ron, who was quickly able to tell she was in a foul mood.

"What's wrong?" Ron asked.

"I had a spat with Daphne at dinner once you guys left." Delilah said, grabbing an empty parchment and her writing utensil. "She tried to drag me out of the hall- literally dragged me."

She seemed upset, leaving Ron to ask no more questions. He was muttering what to put at the top of his parchment when the twins entered the room, and strode over to them. Delilah dropped her head onto her book once they approached.

"Did Delilah tell you about what happened at dinner?" George asked, looking proud.

"The spat with Daphne? Yeah." said Ron.

"I think our humble Delilah has left out a portion of that story." said Fred, not noticing Delilah's shaking head.

"Nothing else happened." she said.

"Besides for you breaking her arm," said Fred, "then yeah, nothing happened."

"You- what?" Hermione asked, looking surprised.

"Blimey! I didn't know you could do that!" said Ron, sharing the same proud look as the twins.

Delilah stayed quiet and returned to her essay until Dean approached, then Seamus, then Parvati, then Peter-

"When did you learn that?"

"You should have seen the Slytherins-"

"You're brilliant, you are-"

"Please," began Delilah, "don't mention it. It was in the spur of the moment, and I bet Belle or someone cast a spell." She grabbed her belongings and placed them in her bag, "I'm going to work in the dorm."

Delilah'd fallen asleep the second she finished the Potions and History of Magic essays. She decided to finish the Ancient Runes homework at breakfast, however regretted it when her and Hermione both woke up late- still exhausted.

Scribbling down the her best guesses, she put the homework back in her satchel with ten minutes of breakfast to spare. Looking up, she noticed a black owl flying in her direction.

Fright was the Greengrass family owl. Adorabella and Florian never owled their kids unless they were in trouble, and after last night's spat between Delilah and Daphne, Delilah was sure Daphne had written her parents. She wished she could set the howler on fire, but decided against the spell.

Knowing she had fifteen seconds to burn the howler once the owl released it, she jumped up and grabbed the envelope to save time. Angrily, she quickly grabbed her belongings, and speed walked out the hall and around the corner.

Once she turned the corner, all she thought about was burning the howler. She hated Daphne, and after last night's act, Delilah hates her even more. She felt anger towards her sister, the one person she should share love with. She ended up lighting it on fire anyways, and patting it down to prevent it from spreading.

"Ahem."

Delilah turned around to be faced with an unfamiliar Hufflepuff looking at her in awe. She had dark blue eyes but hazel hair, tied in a side ponytail.

"You shouldn't sneak up on people." Delilah said, putting the fire out and sticking the howler in her robes.

"I- I didn't mean to. Well, I did follow you here- but that's not the point."

Delilah was growing moody. "Can I help you? Who are you?"

"Lucy Pevensie." she said, holding her hand out.

An "Oh.." escaped from Delilah as she realized she was being rude to Peter's little sister. She accepted her hand awkwardly.

"I didn't mean to be rude, my feet kind of just lifted me here." Lucy chuckled. "I think you're admirable, by the way. It isn't easy being the only Gryffindor in a family of Slytherins."

"Are you pitying me?" Delilah asked, suspicious.

"No?"

"Okay then..." Delilah said, now leaving the two in empty silence.

Lucy looked to be contemplating something, "You know my mom can teach people like you?"

"Oh, good for her," Delilah said, trying to sound genuine.

"I could owl her- she can help you. She's really good."

"Uhm- I've got to go to class..." said Delilah.

"Oh, right! I just wanted to let you know if you needed help. Well don't let me follow you there! Aha-"

Delilah gave a confused look at Lucy and began to walk away. Turning back, Lucy shot her finger guns which confused Delilah even more.
She shook off the interaction and made her way to Double Charms.

At the end of Charms class, the students received the most homework they've ever gotten. It wasn't a surprise when McGonagall joined in the trend as well, assigning everyone to practice the vanishing charm. Work consisted throughout the day, Harry, Ron, and Delilah even working in the library during lunch to finish their assignments. Lunch was followed with Arithmancy, and Herbology was the last class of the day.

A group of fourth years emerged from the greenhouse, with Ginny in the front. Ginny quickly pulled Delilah aside, away from her friends and Luna Lovegood who had just approached them.

"Is it true?" Ginny asked, looking excited.

"Is what true?" said Delilah.

Ginny scoffed and rolled her eyes sarcastically, "You broke Daphne's arm without a spell?"

Delilah looked around then gave a small nod, "Yeah- did you not see?"

Ginny shook her head a blush crept on her face, causing Delilah to ponder.

"Hmm, where was Ginny Weasley?"

"No where.." Ginny said, avoiding Delilah's gaze.

Delilah looked amused, "Was Ginny Weasley missing a meal for a certain someone?"

"Er- well, yeah. I didn't want to tell you because I don't know if it's going to work out, but I didn't want you to think of me as a slag or anything." Ginny said, looking down.

"No, no!" denied Delilah. "I would never think that. You're hot, people are going to like you- it's not your fault."

Ginny laughed and excused herself to get to class, allowing Delilah to attend her boring Herbology class. Once again, another essay was assigned, leaving the Gryffindors to troop back to the castle slowly and quietly.

Starving with a detention at five, Harry and Delilah decided to head straight to dinner and not drop their bags off. Ron and Hermione decided to join, and they all walked to the Great Hall in a hurry before being interrupted.

"Potter!" Peter yelled, running up to the group.

Harry groaned and turned to the Quidditch captain, "Yes?"

"How have you already landed yourself a week of detentions? And one on Friday at five?" Peter asked, tapping his foot on the ground.

"Why?" said Harry, thinking until it hit him. "Oh yeah, Keeper tryouts!"

"Oh- what a memory you have! I told you I wanted the whole team to watch the tryout and wanted to find someone who fit in well. Now look, our Seeker- missing!"

"I want to go!" said Harry. "I told her the truth about Voldemort and now she's being an-"

"Umbitch?" Delilah finished, earning a subtle laugh from Ron.

Peter placed his hand on Harry's shoulder, "Look, I know it's not easy having all these people that don't believe you. Not sure if it makes you feel better, but every Pevensie- besides Edmund- believes you, that Voldemort is back. It will be difficult, but you need to avoid lashing out at people. I understand that you won't be at tryouts, I'll give Delilah a list of finalists and she'll take your input. If you need me, I'll be around."

Peter gave one last sincere look before running back to his group of friends, all of mixed houses besides Slytherin. A realization went through Delilah, and a sudden spur of confidence from his words- even if they were directed towards Harry.

"We should recruit Peter." Delilah whispered as they entered the Great Hall.

"What do you mean?" Ron asked.

"Are you mad?" Harry whisper shouted. "With the Slytherin bloke as his brother? Delilah, you hate Edmund."

Delilah disliked a certain type of people. Adorabella Greengrass, Florian Greengrass, Daphne Greengrass, Aquila Lestrange, Edmund Pevensie, Draco Malfo- the list is continuous. The similarity? They're all Slytherins.

Delilah didn't not like them because of their house, but because of their personalities. She couldn't not admit the similarities, prejudice or not.

Edmund Pevensie was no exception. He associated with Draco Malfoy and his goons, and that said a lot about his character. Like Aquila, Edmund and Delilah were not caught dead near each other. She made her view about him obvious in first year after he called her a blood traitor and continuously made fun of Harry and Ron.

It seemed as though something happened between him and Delilah every year. In first year, they dueled after Edmund called her a blood traitor. In second year, he claimed Delilah was working for Tom Riddle and he was on her hit list. In third year, he claimed that Delilah was the one who let Sirius Black into the castle. And last year, he started a rumor that Delilah put Harry's name in the goblet. It's safe to say he was out to get her, however she wasn't going down without a fight.

"Yeah, but Peter is obviously not like Edmund. You've seen how good of a person he is, and I think we should tell Dumbledore to recruit him and his parents." Delilah said. "I think they would be a good fit- their family is pure blood, but all Pevensies have been Gryffindors until Susan was sorted into Ravenclaw, Edmund in Slytherin, and Lucy in Hufflepuff."

Ron had been considering this greatly, "I agree with Delilah, they're like my family- all Gryffindors."

Soon enough, Hermione had agreed and then Harry. However, they told Delilah she was meant to inform Dumbledore since it was her idea. After dinner, Harry and Delilah departed from Ron and Hermione and made their way to Umbridge's.

They walked in silence, too tired to discuss anything. Harry was first to knock on the door, earning a quiet, "come in" from Umbridge. Delilah opened the door first, taking in the scent of dead flowers. She gave Harry a disgusted face as they looked at the different desks.

"Good evening, Miss Greengrass and Mr. Potter." said Umbridge, gesturing for the two to sit.

"Evening." Delilah replied, sitting farthest away.

"Evening, Professor." said Harry, not seated yet.

"Can I help you, Mr. Potter?"

Harry scratched the back of his neck, "Er- I-I wanted to ask you.. a favor."

Umbridge looked confused as her eyebrows lifted and her eyes bulged, "What is it?"

"I- I'm on the Quidditch team. And I was supposed to be at tryouts at five on Friday for Keeper- and, and I was wondering if I could miss detention and do it another night.. instead.." Harry said.

"No, Mr. Potter." said Umbridge, now smiling. "You are to come here at five tomorrow, five the next day, and on Friday as well. This is your punishment for speaking of such cruel things in class."

Harry stifled for a moment before removing his school bag and sitting across from Delilah.

"That's not fair, Professor." Delilah said, turning her head slightly.

Umbridge smiled at her, "Life isn't fair, surely you are aware of this, Miss Greengrass? One more speak out of turn, and I'll give you another detention- Friday, possibly."

Delilah gave a glare and rested back in her chair, knowing Peter would get mad if she was gone as well.

"You two will write lines for me today."

As Delilah and Harry bent towards their bags, Umbridge quickly placed a quill on each of their desks.

"Write, I must not tell lies."

"You haven't given us ink." said Harry.

Umbridge giggled, "Oh, you two won't need ink."

Delilah looked skeptically at Harry. She gestured for Harry to wait for her as she wrote first, and she was glad he waited. After writing the statement, the words appeared to be cutting into her right hand- healing after the statement was completely written. She let out a small gasp, looking up at Harry to see he was mortified.

Delilah couldn't prevent herself as she pressed the quill down harder, the pain caused her to. She realized the words were being written on the parchment in her own blood. After hours of sitting and writing, Umbridge called them to stop and gestured for her hands. She smiled seeing the markings on Delilah's, however told Harry it would "sink in" more over the next few days. They were quickly excused to go back to their dorms.

Delilah and Harry walked in silence. Once they turned the corner, both of them broke out into a run to the common room. Delilah knew it wasn't a competition, but she felt good once she got there before Harry. They gave each other a silent nod before going to their respected dorms.

"Delilah?" Hermione asked once Delilah entered the dorm. "Did you just get back?"

"Yeah. Dunno why I expected Umbridge to not be an Umbitch about detention. Harry and I were there for hours-" Delilah said, cutting herself off as she yawned while getting dressed. "Why are you awake?"

"I was waiting for you. Ron was supposed to do the same, but I suppose he fell asleep." Hermione said, yawning as well. "Did you finish your homework?"

Delilah looked over to the stack of homework on her bedside table, "Most of it." A minute or two passed as Delilah got dressed and pulled out the Charms homework, casting Lumos to see. "Hermione?"

She heard nothing, and got up from her bed to see the girl fast asleep. Knowing she likes to draw her curtains, Delilah walked over and drew them for her.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

144 2 14
It's been years since Sienna Greengrass has been locked away hidden because of her powers that she inherited from her father, Florian Greengrass has...
805K 32K 73
[COMPLETED] ❝Want a picture, Malfoy?❞ ❝I wouldn't say no, Henderson.❞ In which, Lillian Henderson, a gryffindor, has to gather all the courage she ha...
122K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
481K 15.6K 109
'We'll safety-pin the pieces of our broken hearts back together Patching up all the holes until we both feel much better Deleted things, I really mea...