A Gamer's Journey

Od somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... Více

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Deception
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf

52 5 0
Od somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 56

Thursday, January 23, 2014

1:04 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I take out a dog bowl and pour the water from the water bottle into the bowl. I use the wind to hover the bowl right under Sombra's mouth. I shift around as I heard Sombra's tongue smack the water. I stroke Sombra's mane as I wait for the Kirin to finish. I look around the desert, there was a bunch of sand everywhere along with some cacti. In the distance, I saw a plateau with a tiny town at the base. My eyes widen as I saw horses rushing towards the town.

"I finally caught up!" I remember the map of the race. The finish line is the town after this! I quickly take out two posters and a spin arrow around my finger. I tuck one poster under my leg and drop the poster into the arrow. I launch the arrow through the air and take the bowl away from Sombra.

"Come on Sombra, we're so close!" Sombra huffed in response. The arrow disappeared just a few feet away from the person in the back. I grab the poster from under my leg and drape the poster over me and Sombra, I quickly will the poster to activate. My vision whitened just for a second before my vision went back to normal. We were facing the direction of the town. Sombra stomped his hoof before taking off towards the town.

I quickly turn around and use the wind to make the poster fly into my hand. I quickly turn back to face the front. I spin a wind arrow around my finger; I take a deep breath before firing the arrow at the person just in front of me. The person fell off their horse and flew towards the arrow. I quickly turn the arrow towards the next person. The next person fell off their horse, their body unwillingly moved towards the arrow. The two people bodies clashed as the arrow dragged them along. The arrow made its way from person to person, the arrow dragged almost everyone off their horse. There were only three people in the front that the arrow could no reach.

I stop Sombra and direct the arrow towards the ground. Bodies slammed onto the ground which was quickly followed by more bodies slamming on top of each other. Bones cracking could be heard from the bottom of the pile. Before anyone could get up I throw the poster into the air and use the wind to place the poster onto them. I quickly snap my fingers, the bodies disappeared. I look over my shoulder and see a pile of bodies back where my other poster was. I quickly turn back around and tap Sombra's sides. Sombra took off towards the town. I used the wind to quickly make the poster fly into my hands. I put the poster into my Inventory and take out another poster. I hold the top right and bottom left corner and aim the poster at the guy right in front of me. Icicles flew out of the poster and straight through his body. The guy fell on his horse's neck. Sombra quickly ran past the horse. I notice two people on the same horse in the front. There were only two people that came to mind, Ron and Abraham. There was another person on their own horse right behind them.

I ignore the person and make a knife like icicle. I drew my arm back and whipped my hand to the front, before the arrow could leave my hand I used Wind cannon to launch it through the air. The sharp point of the icicle was aimed towards Ron's chest. I smile as the icicle turned flipped its direction and flew in my direction. Sombra ran to the side, I extended my arm out towards the icicle. Before the icicle could stab my hand, I pull my hand in towards my chest at the last second. Everything stopped as I felt a wave of energy rush through my body. I make a fist and create icicles between my fingers. I pour my magic into my arms as I throw the icicles towards Ron and Abraham. The icicles froze just a few feet away from them. I quickly change my focus towards the other person. Sombra ran up to their side, I simply use Wind Cannon on them before Sombra ran off towards the direction of the town.

Time went back to normal as I passed Ron and Abraham. I look behind my shoulder. I saw Ron clutch his chest, the other person right behind them was sent flying; the person landed a few yards away. The person gripped his chest as they heaved for air. Ron aimed his finger towards me. Bright yellow rings formed around his arm, his arm shot up into the air as the rings were shot in my direction. I turn around and try to steer Sombra to the side. Before Sombra could move in time a hot and burning sensation spread throughout my left shoulder. I grunt as I turn my head over my shoulder to glare at Ron. His shirt soaked up the blood coming from his chest. Abraham glared at me, smoke rose from Abraham's body.

I pat Sombra's sides to encourage the Kirin to hurry up. Ron's face turned pale as he rose his arm to aim his finger at me. Sombra sped up, I twist my body around and create a wall of ice right behind me. Rings shot off his arm and struck the wall. The middle of the wall spun slowly, from the middle the other parts of the wall started to spin. Instantly the wall started to quickly spin in place. Pieces of the wall were flying off into the sand. The wall stopped spinning and fell to the ground. I turn back around, I smile as the town was just a yard away. My left arm shook violently. My arm went numb before it suddenly stayed in place. Why didn't it do that before? I thought I already learned about their abilities.

Sombra ran into the town and randomly turned corners. I turn around only to see that Abraham and Ron were trying to catch up to me. Ron brought up his arm and aimed at my head. I turn back around and see a mom with a stroller peacefully resting on a bench. I suck air through my teeth as I turned back around. Bright, neon yellow rings were already forming around his arm. I turn back around and use the wind to lift the stroller off the ground. I hover the stroller right behind my back. The loud cries of a baby were drowned out by Ron yelling. I turned back around just in time to see a yellow light strike the inside of the stroller. I giggle as I drop the stroller. Abraham yanked the horse's harness just in time to stop the horse from crushing the baby. The horse neighed as Ron got off the horse and shooed Abraham away. Abraham nodded, he squeezed his legs around the horse; the horse quickly sped up.

Sombra weaved through the people on the street, Sombra turned a corner. Sombra came to a halt, there was a street full of people and stalls. I quickly get off Sombra: Sombra turned into Necklace form; I quickly put Sombra around my neck. I ran into the street, I shoved my way through the crowd. My nose was overwhelmed with the smell of rotten eggs. I put my hand up to my nose and squeeze. I notice a bright red gasoline canister on the side of the road. Beside them was an old, frail man with dispensers; he had a cane on one side with another sign that said '$1 per gas can!'. I quickly run over and grab a gas can. I try to move my left arm, no matter how much I willed my arm it would not budge an inch. I quickly put the gas can in my Inventory and grab another gas can. The old man slowly walked towards me. He put his hand on my shoulder as I put the last gas can in my Inventory. I shove the old man's hand away and runoff. The old man shouted something, I ignored the old man and ran off. I turned a corner, I ran forward a bit before the street the number of people lessened. I take off Sombra and toss Sombra up. Before Sombra could fall back down, Sombra turned back into his normal form. I use the wind to lift myself up to Sombra's back. I plop myself down on Sombra's back, Sombra quickly took off running. I take a deep breath as felt a tingling sensation back in my arm. I tried moving my arm, my arm barely budged. At least it's going back to normal.

I roll my neck, I groan as a loud crack came from my neck. Sombra slowed down, Sombra easily weaved through the people and carriages on the streets. I look over my shoulder. Did I lose Abraham? I smile as a small metal bridge appeared in the distance. I think I did lose him! I freeze up at the sound of galloping behind me. I turn around to see Abraham hugging bags of oranges tightly to his chest. He grabbed one orange from the bag. Smoke appeared around his arm as drew his arm back. More and more smoke gathered around his arm, his arm let out a heavy atmosphere. The air felt warm, it was almost like I was in my own bed; my eyes drooped as the air got heavier and heavier. I turn back around and try to find anything I can use as a shield. There was nothing but an empty street.

I quickly form a large round shield made from ice. I quickly throw it up into the air and use the wind to make the shield hover a few inches away from my back. An orange suddenly flew by my side. My body shivered as an image of an orange striking me in the face.

The orange suddenly changed its direction towards my face. I take out a piece of chalk: Sombra barely had enough time to swerve out of the way. A rush of energy surged through my body. I quickly turn around and throw the chalk beneath Abraham's horse. Sombra stopped as I used the wind to quickly write hieroglyphs beneath the horse. Sombra started running as time went back to normal. The horse stepped on the hieroglyphs, silk instantly sprang up from the ground and tightly wrapped around the horse. Its skin bulged as the silk tightened around the horse. The horse neighed in pain: the horse lost its balance and fell onto its side. It slid against the ground, Abraham's head slammed onto the ground, a tiny stream of blood trickled down his head as he put his hands on the ground. Oranges scattered onto the ground around Abraham. The smoke that once covered his armed vanished.

Sombra halted to a stop. I grab the ice shield and get off Sombra. I weakly toss the shield at Abraham expecting the shield to come back at me slowly. Smoke rose out of Abraham as the shield approached him. The shield instantly bounced back in my direction. The shield ripped off the skin at the corner of my eye as I jump to the side. My body spun around in random directions. The spinning slowly accelerated with each second. I quickly make a tiny shard of ice in my hand. I quickly let go of the shard as started to spin. My body instantly stopped and dropped down: I bit my tongue as the top of my head slammed onto the floor.

Abraham slowly crawled his way out from beneath his horse. Tears form in my eyes as I slowly get up. Before Abraham could free himself, I made a sharp, knife-like icicle and throw it up into the air. I move out of the way before it could go through my head. Everything froze as the icicle hit the ground. I smile as I take out a rock with hieroglyphs, I toss the rock right in front of Abraham's face and snap my fingers. I swiftly take out a gas can and turn the lip. I quickly throw the can up into the air. I made the sure hole was pointing down towards Abraham. I walk back to Sombra and get back on. Time quickly went back to normal. Sombra quickly sped off with the sound of a loud ear ringing bang behind us. I smile as I look over my shoulder.

I know he won't survive that.

6:32 pm

I smile as I sit down on a bench and look at my awards. I just couldn't help but not close the boxes when I got them.

You leveled up 23 times!

Lvl 72

Xp:132/545

Hp: 4,103/4,103

Mp 602/602

Stamina: 340/340

Str: 277+ 12= 289 (293)

Dex: 295+14= 309 (315)

Vit: 299+11= 310 (315)

Wis: 294+14= 308

Int: 249+12= 261

Luc: 279+15= 294

Points:221

I laugh at how much Hp I have. I don't think I can be beaten in a normal fight now. I close the box and quickly look at the title and perk I got from the quest.

Since you completed a quest, you earned a new title!

Professional Jockey- Whenever you ride an animal the animal will gain a 75% increase in speed along with +500 health and +725 stamina. You will gain a 25% boost to your attacks.

Not that bad. I really like the perk that came with it though.

Since you completed a quest, you earned a new perk!

Sombra Summon- Whenever you will it, Sombra will appear next to you.

If I combine this with Professional Jockey I think I could win a fight easily, I just have to make sure Sombra doesn't get hit. I don't think Sombra getting hit should be a problem though.

I close the boxes and look at my other rewards from leveling up my stats.

Thanks to the Dex stat going over 300, you get to choose a new perk or skill!

[Perk] Quick Action- The more you move in a fight, the faster you get. WILL RESET IF YOU STAY STILL FOR MORE THAN 3 SECONDS

[Perk] Quickly now!- If you dodge an attack you can sprint in any direction you want without wasting Stamina for 5 seconds. The effect will reset if you stop.

[Skill] Overexert- You can push your body to the limits without any consequences. +75 stat bonus to Str, Dex, and Vit for 5 seconds. You also don't feel pain and the Stamina bar won't go down. Cost-150 points of stamina.

[Skill] Float like a butterfly- Your body will feel lighter than usual. You will gain a 5% increase in speed. Cost- 125 points of Stamina.

I stared at each choice carefully. I don't really like any of these choices. Quickly now! is just a worse version of Perfect Dodge; I already upgraded that. Quick action... I don't think I'll be using my legs for a while. Overexert sounds like the best one, but Float like a butterfly might be better if I upgrade it. I sigh as I pick Overexert. This skill just keeps coming up. I might as well just pick it.

I close the box and look at my choices for Vit.

Thanks to the Vit stat going over 300, you get to choose a new perk or skill!

[Perk] Recovery- Your Stamina and Hp recovers 25% quicker

[Perk] Rabbit food- You will be able to gain stat bonuses from eating fruits or vegetables.

[Perk] Adaptive heart- It is 40% easier to raise your Dex and Vit stats.

I quickly pick Recovery. There really weren't many good choices. I glance at the choices for Wis.

Thanks to the Wis stat going over 300, you get a new perk.

Bookworm- The Wis and Int stat will be raised more easily by 50% whenever you are reading an educational book.

Not bad.

I close the box and take out the Level 50 skill disc I got from my quest. My eyes widen as this disc was the size of the desks at my school. Will my skills stop leveling up at one hundred? Or will they keep going? What should I even use this on? I can't use it on Wind Arrow anymore. I open up my skill list and scroll down to Fire Spitting. If I level this enough, could I use it without the hand signs? I stared at the skill for a second and shake my head. I don't want to risk it. I scroll down to Meditation. I don't use it, it's good for building up Stamina, but I have Breathing Technique. That skill is so much better than Meditation. It's hard to Meditate, but it's easy to breathe. I can just level this up later though.

I scroll up and down multiple times before I got to Wind Aura. This could be good. But I know that this skill will be too expensive for me to use if I level it up right now. I notice Second Wind underneath Wind Aura. I haven't used that skill much. Maybe it will be better when I level up but. I look over at my disc. I have to use this on something useful. I look back up and Wind Aura. I bite my lip in anxiousness. Wind Aura better be useful.

I use the disc on Wind Aura and wait for a box to appear. My body was suddenly overwhelmed with a cold, depressing feeling. I hugged my body tightly in a futile attempt to warm up. The feeling quickly passed. I let go of myself. A box suddenly appeared out of thin air.

Lvl75(1%) Wind Aura (Mode IV)- You cover your entire body with a strong gust of wind. The wind will protect you from all projectiles and melee attacks by 90%. When activated you gain 500 to Vit and +750 to Dex as long as it's activated. If someone attacks you there will be a 50% chance of a random stream of wind attacking them. There will also be a tornado consistently circling around you, when someone touches the tornado they are immediately be picked up and thrown away. Mp per second- 5,000 Mp

Five thousand just to use this perk! I quickly close the box and lean back. I knew I wouldn't be able to use it. How long is it going to take to even get close to getting that amount of Mp? Another box suddenly appeared right next to my face. I sit straight up and begin reading the box.

Thanks to one of your Aerokinesis skills reaching Lvl 50, you gain a new perk!

Guardian of the wind- Being a Son of a wind god and practicing using the wind comes with benefits. Whenever you need to attack, need to defend yourself, or even when you need help with basic chores, a guardian made of wind will appear by your side. The guardian will have a chance to attach itself to any attack that involves the wind. (The higher the Aerokinesis skill, the higher the chance.) The Guardian will also have a 50% to appear when you are getting attacked. The guardian will not do anything if you are fighting another child of a wind god.

I close the box as I notice Jen and Dominique walk up to me. They both looked like they just spend a year on an island with no modern technology. Dominique walked up to me and stared down at me with tired eyes.

"Do you know who won?" He asked with a sleepy tone. I looked up at him and answer.

"I did." His face instantly brightened up.

"You got the prize money right?" I simply nod. "So how much did we win?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You mean, how much I won, right?"

"We were a team. I thought we agreed that we would split the money."

"I had to quit your team a few days ago. Do how you know how close they were to the finish line? If I didn't leave, I wouldn't have won." Jen walked up with a confused look on her face. "Even when we were on a team, I did all the work." I pointed to Jen. "If anything, I should be giving Jen money for helping me in one fight I didn't see you any work at all. Why should I give you money when you didn't help." Dominique furrowed his eyebrows in anger as he stepped in closer.

"I took you here, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't even have known about this place or this race. I even gave you a ride here."

"I still would have made my here anyway." I took out two one hundred dollar bills and handed them over to Dominique. "This is all you're going to get from me." Dominque snatched the money out of my hand and stuffed it in his pocket. His boxing gloves appeared out of nowhere around his hands. He stretched out his arm and positioned his hand under my chin. He lifted up my chin as I glared at him straight in the eyes.

"I dare you to hit me, there is no way I'm going to give you any more money." My chin tingled for just a second. I quickly jolt my head to the side just in time to dodge a punch. My ear was barely scratched by the boxing glove. I quickly use Wind Cannon, he was launched a few feet and roughly landed on his back. I quickly take out a poster and cover my body with the poster; the hieroglyphs were facing out towards Jen while the blank empty side was facing towards my body. Jen's black drone appeared by her side. The drone instantly started blasting at me. I quickly activate the poster before the bullets could hit me. The bullets were absorbed into the poster. I gulp as the drone quickly flew behind me. I quickly send out a Wind Arrow towards the Wind Drone. The wind whooshed loudly in my ears before the sound of something breaking apart along with the sound of something hitting the concrete road.

Dominique quickly appeared right in front of me with his hand raised to his chest. I quickly activate the poster again. Bullets flew out of the poster and straight towards Dominque. Dominique quickly blocked tucked his body in and covered his face and stomach with his arms. Smoke surrounded Dominique as the bullets struck Dominique with little effect. Dominique turned his foot and prepared to run away. I quickly form his around his foot and freeze the ground around him. Smoke gathered around his frozen foot. I quickly replace the poster with my spear and swing my spear at him. The spear cut deep into Dominique's arms, smoke poured out of the cut. The skin slowly stitched its self together. I quickly get up from the bench and thrust my spear towards his leg. He groaned as the spear easily went through his leg. I let go of the spear and circle an arrow around my finger. His body was slowly being dragged towards the arrow. His shoes rubbed against the ground as he was dragged.

My eyes widen as white, cloud-like gas gathered around my arm. The gas rose up and formed a torso with arms. The gas swirled around in random directions, tiny streams of the air would occasionally rise out of the torso. The gas was so fluffy. it reminded me of what a fluffy cloud floating gently in the sky would look like. It even looked like it would feel like sheep's fur. The gas had tiny spikes on its knuckles, there were bright blue lines that went from the knuckles, up the arm and to the shoulder, and eventually down the sides of its chests. The gas rose up from the torso and formed a head. The head had tiny spikes that served as ears. Right where its nose and mouth should be was a gas mask. Even the gas mask looked like it was made from clouds. Its eyes were a dull blue. I look down and notice that it had a tiny cloud replacing its legs. Dominique somehow didn't notice the thing.

Before I could look at it for too long, I launched an arrow towards Dominique. The creature grabbed onto the arrow as it went for Dominique's face. Before the arrow could go through Dominique's head, the creature smacked the arrow away from Dominique. The creature grabbed Dominique's face, Dominique still remained unfazed. The creature was suddenly sucked into Dominique's nose. Dominique hunched over and grabbed his stomach. I get a flash of a gray object crashing into my arm. I quickly rip my Spear from out of Dominique's leg and launch myself into the air.

My body was overwhelmed with energy as I fell back to the ground. I quickly kick Dominique's leg before swiftly running towards Jen and thrusting my spear into her neck. I put my spear into my Inventory and take out my skull ring. Time went back to normal. I channel my Mp into the ring. The ring glowed a bright red as I felt Jen's soul get sucked into the ring. I kick her body before turning back to Dominique. Dominique was on his knees struggling to breathe. A cloud-like gas leaked out of his nose and rose up into the air. My eyes suddenly widen as I feel my magic channel into what felt like a hieroglyph. Did that creature just make a hieroglyph inside Dominique's body with my magic? I hold my arm and prepare to snap. Dominique took a deep breath and quickly got to his feet. I hold up my hand.

"If I snap my fingers, you're gonna die. You might as well stop." Dominique wheezed for air, it was clear that he was struggling to stand up. There were dark purple circles around his eyes, his leg was bent backward. I don't even know how he's still standing. He punched his broken leg, his leg instantly went back to normal.

"What do you mean?" He said in a raspy voice before gasping for air. I take out a rock and throw it up into the air. I snap my fingers, the rock exploded into tiny little pieces. My ears rang as pebbles fell to the ground. I take a deep breath as I take out one hundred thousand dollars.

"I know that you run two shops. I'll give you this money if you put this into your businesses." Dominique nodded weakly. "You'll have to give me money when I ask for it though." Dominique hesitated for a moment before nodding. I let go of the money and blow the money in his direction. He grabbed the money out of the air. I quickly take out Jen. Jen looked around in confusion.

"What the hell?" That was all she said before looking at me. She looked at Dominique and slowly shifted towards Dominique. Dominique grabbed Jen's shoulder.

"Let's just go, Jen."

Now I get to explain Abraham's and Ron's abilities! 

[Abraham] Golden Rotation- When anything comes into contact or comes within 10 feet of the user, the user violently spins what ever came into contact. If its a projectile, the user can send the projectile back to where it originally came from. The attack only stops when the user wills it or if something else touches the object. 

[Ron] A Restless thought- The user forms bright yellow circles around the user's arm. When the user needs to or wills it, the circles will shoot off the user's arm at high speeds. The circles have three effects that the user has no control over. It can act as a blunt force (Like a hammer or like Ivan's wind cannon), act like a bullet, or apply a burning and numbing sensation to the target.   

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1K 31 1
A threat that turned into a fight. A fight that turned into a battle. A battle that turned into a war. It's the year 2172. Humans and Monsters in...
265 0 18
1st book in My Fate Series ----------------------- The girl had been alone for years. Fleeing vampires wasn't easy, but she managed. She comes to the...
14.7K 1.1K 60
After being left homeless from a destroyed village, two orphans try to make a new life for themselves in the City but things aren't as easy as it see...
3.3K 38 19
This is the original version of A New Beginning I wrote a long time ago, so take it with a pinch of salt! Its not great but marks a special place as...