Delaying the Inevitable

由 spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... 更多

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta
Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!

209 13 1
由 spisovatelli

As Luffy left them to chase their new nakama (crew/ friend), Dalton fell on his knees clutching his stomach.

Everyone immediately went to his aide.

"Are you alright, Dalton-san?" Vivi asked as they went to him.

"Yes, I am fine. I just lost myself for a moment. I just need to rest for a bit." Dalton answered.

"Oi. You guys." An old woman voice called.

They all turned towards the voice and was shocked.

"D-Dr. Kureha!" The villagers shouted. They were a bit scared of the woman.

'Oh.. So this is the witch they have been talking about.. I don't get it, She looks old, but not like a witch. Well, how should I know, it's not like I know what a witch looks like in the first place.' Lana thoughts.

"Ya happy, brats? Bring the injured into the infirmary." Dr. Kureha offered.

"You're that freakin' old bitch from before!" Zoro shouted once he recognized the woman.

Lana just sighed looking at the poor swordsman that is now slumped on the ground with a bump on his head.

"Have you no respect?" Lana whispered to him, crouching beside him, teasing. He got beaten up by Dr. Kureha.

"Don't leave a single one behind!" Dr. Kureha said as if nothing happened.

"Yes ma'am!" Everyone immediately answered afraid of having the same fate as the swordsman.

"This is no time to be lounging about. Unless you wanna end up like this guy here." Dr. Kureha.

"She means you." Lana again teased Zoro which he replied with a groan.

Lana watched as Dr. Kureha walked towards the castle

"Excuse me Dr. Kureha." Lana called out as she went to her. Everyone looked at her, curious at what she could possibly need with the doctor.

"I would like you to please examine me. I recently lost my memories. I was hoping there could be a medicine that will help me gain them back."

"Lana-san.." Vivi whispered.

The doctor looked at her up and down.

"Come. I'll examine you."

Lana smiled and nodded before following Kureha who started to walk inside the castle.

Then she stopped and shouted..

"Quit your complaining and get back to the infirmary RIGHT NOW!!!" Lana's eyes widened as she witnessed how the doctor destroyed a wall with just one kick!

"Scary." Lana mumbled

They were now inside the castle, in Dr. Kureha's medical room to be precise.

The doctor has been asking a lot of questions as she examine her face, her body, her hair..

"When you say you lost your memory?"

"A couple of days ago. I woke up on an island and somehow I don't remember how I got there or why am I even there." Lana answered as the doctor took a strand of her hair.

"I have never encounter a disease like yours. Usually when a patient loses their memories, it was because of a terrible accident. But based on your story, no accidents happened."

"Is there nothing you can do?" She asked. But Kureha just crossed her arms and shook her head no.

"Oh.. No worries.. Thank you.." Her voice were filled with sadness. She was about to stand up when Dr. Kureha said something

"Have you considered that maybe there was a devil fruit involve?" Dr Kureha said as she crossed her legs.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean maybe someone stole your memories."

"You mean it is possible to steal one's memories?"

"Everything's possible dear. Now I suggest that you go back to the island you've mentioned. Maybe you'll find something."

Lana smiled, having found a new hope. She stood up and bowed at the doctor.

"Thank you so much!" And then she ran away.

"Hey! That wasn't for free!! Damn these pirates!" Kureha mumbled.

Lana went back outside.

Vivi went inside to help Nami. Usopp's having fun building snow sculptures. Sanji's being treated by Dr. Kureha. Luffy, well, he's still chasing the reindeer.

"Lana! So how was it? Are you cured?" Usopp asked as soon as he saw Lana.
Zoro looks at her curious.

"Nope. But she mentioned that someone must have stolen my memories!" She said, too cheerful for their liking.

"Your memories were stolen and you're happy?" Zoro retorted

"She suggested to visit the island where I lost my memories. Maybe I could find something there." Lana said.

"That's a good plan and all.. But Lana, do you remember where is that island?" Usopp said making Lana's mind go blank.

"W-well.. I know what it looks like? That is something right?" She answered. Usopp and Zoro sweat drops.

"Anyways. I get the feeling that we will visit that island someday!" Lana said enthusiastically.

"Island? What Island?" Luffy suddenly halted in front of them.

"Captain! Permission to go to the island that took my memories?"

"That would be cool! Granted! But after Alabasta!"

"Of course!" Lana smiled happily. She's now full of hope!

"OI!! REINDEER!! Let's be pirates together~!" Luffy shouted.

"Oi, Luffy.. give it up already. He's not gonna come out just because you yell like that." Usopp. It's now deep into full moon and Luffy still hasn't given up on searching.

"Noo! Don't listen to him Captain! Keep on searching! I'll help!" Lana really wants a new pet! I mean friend! Usopp just sweat dropped.

"He doesn't want to be a pirate." Zoro added.

"But..." Lana said disheartened. She knows that Zoro has a point.

"You're wrong!" Luffy shouted, pointing to Zoro.

"I want to take him along!" He added. Lana nodded her head, agreeing with the captain.

"BAKA (IDIOT)! THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!" Zoro shouted back! But Luffy just ignored him and went back to shouting.

"REINDEER!! COME ON OUT! Reindeer~!"

"Reindeer-san! I just want to be your friend!" Lana joined the shouting making Zoro and Usopp face palm.

Just then the said reindeer showed up to them.

"Reindeer-san!" Lana exclaimed!

"Oi! Let's be pirates together!" Luffy shouted

"I can't." The reindeer answered.

Lana's jaw dropped. She didn't know that it can talk! Her eyes sparkled and Zoro noticed this, rolling his eyes.

"No it's not! It's fun!" Luffy butted in

"You haven't even heard why yet!"Usopp yelled.

"I mean.. I mean I'm a reindeer! With antlers, and hooves and a blue nose!" He finally let out.

"I want to be a pirate, but.. I can't be the nakama of a human, y'know! I'm a monster! Someone like me CAN'T be your nakama! So.. So.. I'm here.. I'm here to say thanks. Thank you for the invitation."

Lana could understand where he's coming from. But if his reason is just because he's a monster or has a blue nose, it's kind of unacceptable.

"I'll stay here, but.. If you ever feel like it, come back someday and-" He's trying to be cheerful but they all know that he's not.

"SHUT UP! LET'S GO!!" Luffy shouted cutting him off

Everyone smiled while

"You don't ask people to join you by telling them to "shut up"" Zoro. Lana nudged Zoro to stop him from being so negative.

Chopper then cried, he must have really wanted to join them all this time. He then ran inside, maybe to talk to the doctor.

"Hey Nami! Are you really okay?" Usopp asked as he puts the head of the snowman he's been building.

Lana didn't notice that Nami, Vivi and Sanji were already with them. She's too focused on the reindeer.

"I'm fine! I'm feeling great!" Nami said as she grins. Lana looked at her and Nami nodded saying she's okay.

"Hey, let's go to say goodbye to that old lady doctor and acorn pops too."

"Don't you dare.. Let him be alone with Doctorine. He lived with her alone for 6 years. It'll sure be a tearful farewell.. Doctorine acts like that in front of us, but she is actually a kind person." Nami

"I agree!" Lana said

" Hmmmm.. Really?" Luffy

Amidst all this, Usopp, Zoro and Lana were in their own world.

Usopp introduced his snowman but Zoro tried to kick it while Lana throws some snowball to Zoro, but he manages to dodge everything.

They stopped when Usopp asked something.

"Then, we're really leaving here without saying anything to her huh?"

Lana throws her last snowball and it hits Zoro's head. He glared at her as she laughs.

"Of course. Once Chopper comes, we'll go down the mountain and set sail immediately.. to Alabasta! You're fine with that too, right, Vivi?" Nami

"Yeah, if a doctor comes with us.." Vivi

"A doctor will join us?" Lana asked.

"Okay then, I'll get the ropeway ready.. Hey Luffy! Give me a hand." Usopp

"I didn't realize there was a ropeway.. That's amazing!" Luffy said following Usopp

Nami went beside Lana to answer her question.

"The reindeer is a doctor. He is the old lady's apprentice."

"Woah! Really?? That's cool!" Lana

It's been a while, Lana busied herself by talking to Nami about what happened when she's passed out and then the news about visiting the island in which Nami agrees.

When they heard crashes and shouting inside the castle.

"What's going on? It's noisy inside the castle." Zoro said. Lana actually thanks the noise from distracting her from stealing glances at the swordsman.

"Gee, how thoughtless.. Why can't they be quiet when others are saying farewell?" Nami

"Oi, he's coming....? Hm?!" Zoro

"What's going on?! He's being chased!" Nami said as they all stare at the incoming reindeer with a sleigh and the old lady doctor chasing him with some kind of weapon in her hands!

"OI!! The ropeway is rea-..... Hm?" Usopp stopped when he saw what's going on.

"Everyone! Get on the sleigh! We'll go down the mountain!" The reindeer shouted heading towards them.

But then the old lady throws a large weapon in front of them surprising them!

As the reindeer got near,
"Hop on!"

Without another word they get in the sleigh afraid of the old lady catching up!

"Whoo!! That felt good! Hey do it again!!" Luffy shouted once they got down on the ropeway down to the ground.

"No please! Don't!" Lana said hiding,  tucking herself on the floor of the sleigh.

"Yep. You're afraid of heights." Zoro said smirking

"You idiot! We're setting sail right away!" Nami said replying to Luffy

"I-I thought I'd die.." Usopp

"Hm? Where am I?!" Sanji asked finally awake

"Ah Sanji-san! You're now awake!" Vivi can now relax, she's been dragging Sanji all this time.

Just then they stopped when they heard cannons shooting.

The reindeer reverted back into a small racoon to look at the sky.. They were all looking at the sky, fascinated.

"It's so beautiful!" Lana exclaimed as they all agreed. The snow became pink and the skies were filled with light. The castle looks like a cherry tree!

Zoro took a glance at Lana who's standing beside him, he can't deny but his heart has been pounding.

Lana felt someone's looking at her so she looked at Zoro and found the culprit.. She was shocked but then she smiled.. Her smile faded when she saw a tear fell from Zoro's eyes.

Zoro noticed her reaction so he immediately shook his head as if waking up in a trance and went back to looking at the sky.

He just remembered Caly and how much he misses her.

Lana, as much as she wanted to ask, decided not to. Instead she looked at the sky and pretend it didn't bother her. Maybe he's just emotional because he saw the reindeer crying.

As the lights faded, they continue heading back to the ship.

The pink snow keeps on falling even when they're aboard the ship.

"Whoa!" Luffy

"It's beautiful.." Vivi

"Yeah" Nami

"Cherry blossoms huh?" Sanji said back to smoking

"Hey, Is Chopper ok?" Usopp whispered to the others

"Let's leave him alone for now." Nami

"He's experiencing what it's like to set out on a journey as a man." Sanji

"It must be hard." Lana

"Yeah, he is about to leave the island he's spent his entire life in." Vivi

Some time later..
The boys were having fun with Luffy as their entertainment. Putting chopsticks on his nose upto his mouth seems goofy enough for them.

"You there, how long are you gonna sit there spacing out?!" Usopp said as he dragged Chopper with them.

"Drink!" He offered to the little guy.

"Aw, come over here and sing with me!" Sanji said knocking Usopp away from Chopper.

"Come on! try the nose-chopsticks!" Luffy offered.

Confused and afraid, Chopper managed to escape them as they focus on having fun themselves.

Nami then grabbed Chopper's shoulders.
"Did I startle you? You've just become the nakama of quite a bunch of scoundrels."

"Nakama (crew/friend)?" Chopper asked.

"Yep! They don't have a shred of common sense, but they're your nakama now." Lana said to Chopper, as she walks near them.

"That's right, You'll just have to get used to them, okay?" Nami

Chopper looked at them and smiled. Lana smiled back, making the reindeer blush.

"Karoo! Why were you frozen in the river?!" Vivi cried out hugging her pet duck, trying to warm it up.

"Haha! He probably slipped and fell in. What a klutz!" Zoro teased

"Be quiet, Mr. Bushido!" Vivi

Karoo started squawking as Chopper nodded his head as if he understand what he's saying.

"He said some Zoro guy went swimming in the river. And when he didn't come back, he was afraid something bad happen. So he jumped in the river to save him." Chopper explained.

"So it was your fault!" Nami gave a blow on Zoro's head.

"Tony-kun. you can understand what Karoo is saying?" Vivi asked

"Yeah I was originally an animal. So I can talk to other animals." Chopper explained

"You can talk to animals??" Lana exclaimed! Going near Chopper.

"That's wonderful, Chopper! You have your medical abilities, and that as well!" Nami complimented

"Ba-Baka!!~" Chopper shouted all of a sudden.

"Complimenting me like that doesn't make me happy! Idiot!~" He continued as he dances with a blush and a smile on his face.

"He looks pretty happy." Luffy said as they all drop a sweat. Their new nakama has a weird way of receiving compliments.

"By the way Nami, what do you mean 'medical abilities'?" Zoro asked

"Chopper's a doctor. He had every single bit of Dr. Kureha's medical knowledge pounded into him. He's a first-class doctor!" Nami explained making the reindeer blush

"WHATT??!" The boys shouted. The girls already knew.

"Chopper, you're a doctor?!" Zoro asked again in disbelief.
"Wow!" Luffy as always, easily amazed.
"You're kidding!" Usopp

"Geez! Just what exactly did you invite Chopper to be?" Nami asked in which they replied with all seriousness.

"Seven-level transformation. Cool reindeer." Luffy said with crossed arms as he stare at Chopper

"Pet." Lana said with her eyes sparkling

"Emergency food supply." Sanji answered next

Chopper turned purple hearing what Sanji had said but then remembered something.

"Oh no! I was in such a hurry to leave that I forgot my medical supplies!" Chopper panicked

"Really? Then what's in this thing?" Lana holds out a blue bag with an X on the front

"EH? My backpack!"

" It was on the sleigh. I found it on the floor." Lana

"You mean when you're tucked in the floor." Zoro teased. Lana had an irk mark on her head as she gives Nami the bag and then going to Zoro to hit him.

"Why?" Chopper asked, focused on the bag.

"What are you saying? You mean you didn't prepare these supplies for the journey?" Nami asked.

Chopper gets teary eyed when realization hits him.

"In the end, She already knew what was in your heart. She's a wonderful person." Nami

"Yeah."

Zoro's clutching his head. He was just  punched by Lana.

"You've been hanging around with Nami too much." He glared

"Oh.. Is that so bad?" She smirked before going back to Nami and Chopper

"Damn! It hurts!" Zoro cursed under his breath after she left.

"Oi! Chopper! Come and try this chopsticks!" Luffy called out, giving Chopper a pair of chopsticks.

"Tsk. Honestly this guys! The sun's coming up already, are they not tired? Right Chopper?" Nami complained.

"Chopper?" She again said as she looked down at Chopper who just inserted the chopsticks in his nose and the other end to his mouth.

"DON'T DO THAT!" Nami shouted. Lana just chuckled.

"OKAY! Hey dorks! Eyes up!!" Usopp announced but no one's listening.. well, except for Nami, Chopper and Lana who's watching everyone do their own thing.

There's Sanji and Zoro fighting again.
Vivi who's busy helping her pet Karoo who's getting choked by food.

"I would like to introduce our new nakama.. Tony Tony Chopper!" Usopp continued talking in the background.

"SANJI!! MEAT!!!" Luffy shouted

"As our ship's doctor, Chopper's responsibilities will include...." And Usopp keeps rambling on.

"You know.." Chopper quietly said

"Listen you jerks! I'm trying to talk!!" Usopp said when he realized no one's really listening to him.

"You know.." Chopper repeated. Nami and Lana looked at him, not minding the chaos that is happening in front of them.

"This is the first time I've ever had this much fun!" Chopper excitingly said. Lana and Nami smiled at him.

"TO OUR NEW NAKAMA! KANPAI (CHEERS)!!" Usopp shouted

"AYE!! KANPAII!!!" Everyone cheered!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

19.8K 315 19
I won't spoil anything! Ace x OC Luffy x Nami Sanji x OC Zoro x Robin Usopp x Kaya & Many more! As found in my FanFiction.Net account Brightspark4 an...
24K 794 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...
8.6K 404 25
(Requested by My sister) This is my first Ever One Piece Fanfiction! ~~ While chillin' on the seas, the straw hats spotted a small boat floating arou...
5.6K 64 10
another republish Luffy x Hancock Zoro x robin Sanji x Nami random, made up character in the story Strawhats visit an island with any and every plant...