Faux Pas Girls 1: Game On, Ma...

By TheCatWhoDoesntMeow

[This story will become FREE on December 6, 2021. Thank you.] Callan Silvario is Monique's last boy goal in c... More

Copyright
About the Series
Teaser
Prologue
Chapter 1: The answer is still...
Chapter 2: Why a no?
Chapter 3: Cheap tricks
Chapter 4: Games being won
Chapter 5: Fun or feelings?
Chapter 6: Double Standard
Chapter 7: Judgement circle
Chapter 8: Everyone knows a demon or two
Chapter 9: Kalma your ______
Chapter 10: No cheating
Chapter 11: Can't read you
Chapter 12: First . . . date?
Chapter 13: Here is better
Chapter 14: First things first

Chapter 15: Woke up like this

5.8K 214 152
By TheCatWhoDoesntMeow

***

The bed was a magnet pulling on me when I woke up the next day. My body was on vacation mode too. If I could, I wouldn't move. I'd just sleep all day and call for room service to be fed. But Callan of last night motivated me to go fish my phone underneath my pillow. If I fail to go to school today and tick off another of his tasks, it will delay the kiss. I don't want anymore delays.

I dialed Zia's number.

"Hey, girl . . ." I said lazily.

"Hey to you too. What happened to you last night? We were gossiping about something juicy and you're off the grid. You missed the tea," she said. I faintly heard smacking. She must be applying lipstick.

"I was out with Callan last night."

That's enough to make her squeal. Asa na naman siya, gee. "You were? Did you plok na? Magkasama pa kayo? Deets naman!"

Hah. I knew it. She should stop hoping that something like that will happen anytime soon. Ako nga, slight na lang na umaasa. Magsasara muna siguro ang pechay ko sa kahihintay. "Siyempre, hindi. That guy won't even kiss me unless I completed ten of his tasks. We only met for coffee. Mom and I spent the night here at the hotel."

I heard Zia's sigh. I laughed softly. Hindi naman pechay niya ang at stake kundi ang akin.

"How many did you complete na ba?"

I counted mentally first. I finished five but I'll send Callan a picture today while I'm all poised in bed so, "Six. A few more and I could totally tease him so we should finish another today."

"We should buy that cheap bag. Pasama tayo kay Rel."

"Let's do it later today. After class."

"Yeah. I want to know if you're really gonna like kissing him."

"Yeah. Anyway, I called because I need clothes. Tito Lowell's doing drugs last night at the house, Mommy and I don't want to go back there. She's going to spend all day outside and shop for whatever she needs. It'd be fun to shop with her but we have school."

"Oh my gee. Next time, just come here at the house. It's always just Kylo and me. Bring some of your clothes and stuff too, so it'd be easier for you. Tita could come too."

"Are you sure Tito Brad won't mind?" tukoy ko sa dad niya.

"He won't mind because he won't know because he won't check. And even if he did check, he'd probably ignore us. Alam mo naman 'yon."

I sighed. Zia's dad was no better than my dad, or Amber's, or Rel's. The only reason I didn't impose on her last night was because of Mommy. But if Tito Lowell would continue to be such a pain in the ass, Mommy better stays at our vacation house in Batangas.

"Anyway, what do you want? I have several unused dresses," she said.

Zia always has racks and racks of unused clothes. She's a spender and she retail therapy everything—stress, disappointment, family problem, bad sex . . . name it. She's a VIP in several clothing lines.

I was about to ask for a dress but I remembered Callan's remarks. "I need, uh, pants."

The silence walked shamelessly between Zia and me. I was waiting for her to absorb what I said.

"Pants? Pants?" tanong niyang mas may emphasis ang huli. "Why?"

Yeah. I knew she'd find it unusual. I cleared my throat. "Well, I thought mahirap pumunta sa Divisoria nang naka-dress."

"Uh . . . Well, if we think about it . . . sabi ni Rel, matao lagi ro'n."

"Snatchers are common din daw."

"Do we need to dress down for today?" she asked.

"Maybe just wear something more comfortable lang. And don't bring your fancy bags."

"Okay. I'll bring you a set of clothes and my makeup kit. Just send me the hotel's address and I'll drive there."

"Thanks, Zi. See you in a while."

"See you, poks."

After hanging up, I combed my hair using my fingers and checked my face using my camera. I'm pretty in the morning even without makeup. Callan's going to love my picture.

Ibinaba ko nang bahagya ang pagkakatakip ng blanket sa dibdib ko bago mag-pose. I made sure my curves are suggestively silhouetted. The front camera counted to three and I gave my prettiest flirty smile. Then I sent it to Callan.

| Moniquebaby: Good morning, baby.
Guess what I'm not wearing underneath.
 😌

It didn't take long before he replied.

| Master Callan: There's a whole range of clothes
that you're not wearing. It's hard to enumerate.
Good morning, baby.

I tsked. I only meant my dress and of course, the nipple covers. He knows what I'm talking about but he really could dodge.

| Moniquebaby: You're boring.

Master Callan: Haha. Sorry for being boring.

Master Callan: You're pretty.

Moniquebaby: I know.

Master Callan: Today's a Wednesday.
I'm at the library if you need me. |

I thought about it for a while.

| Moniquebaby: I'm going somewhere later
with the poks so ~

Hindi siya nakapag-reply agad. Babangon na rin sana ako at magsa-shower kahit tinatamad ako but I remembered about Alberta and Alessandra.

| Moniquebaby: Are you gonna be with Alberta
and her sister later?

Master Callan: Just Alberta. Why?

I almost typed that it's irritating but I don't want to sound psycho. Worst, jealous.

| Moniquebaby: Nothing. Enjoy the day.

Master Callan: You, too, baby.

Moniquebaby: Just enjoy? How about sending me
a picture too? Quid pro quo. 
💋

He didn't reply right away so I thought he wouldn't anymore but before I could get up, he sent me his picture. I smiled right away. He's by the side of the pool—wet. The morning sun shone brightly and favorably at him. Droplets of water on his body were glistening.

| Moniquebaby: Is Alberta with you right now?

Master Callan: No. I'm alone here.
Why do you always ask about her?

Moniquebaby: I just don't want her lusting over you.
If I'm not with you, she shouldn't be too.

Master Callan: She's not lusting over me.

I rolled my eyes. If Alberta's in love with him, it'd be more disastrous. I don't want to break a girl's heart just because of my pechay.

| Moniquebaby: Thanks for the pic.
Shoot lower next time. 😘

Master Callan: Haha. Enjoy the day, baby. |

I would if I could stop this irritating feeling about him and Alberta in the library. I shook my head and headed for the bathroom.

***

"So we already sent your portfolio to several designers and companies and they're giving feedback one by one. By the end of this week, most of you will know where you're going to spend your on-the-job training. By next month, you're going to start. We hope you're all excited."

The poks and I clapped at Mitchy's announcement. He dropped by while we're in the sewing room with Prof. Amanda Herring. We've been waiting for the training like soldiers ready to be dispatched for combat. Sure, we've already been given projects and collaborative works with professional designers but those were mere scratches on the surface. We wanted the full taste, the full experience. With his news, it looked like things are going to be exciting for us for the next couple of months.

"With that said, I won't take much of your time. I know you're dismissed and may have dates you want to go to. If you don't have a date, get one. You should all date. Don't make your degree stop you," sabi ni Mitchy.

We giggled. Kahit si Prof. Herring, nangiti. She's the godmother of fashion design at school and it's a known tale that she shunned marriage for a long time for her career. Well, she's married with three children now and undeniably happy.

"Come on now. Do what Prof. Solis told you. Go and date. Sewing class is over."

We all said our goodbyes and exited one by one.

"Deretso na ba tayo sa pagbili ng bag?" Rel asked while we're on our way to the parking lot.

Zia's driving us to Divisoria. Rel said that there's a mall where we could park and then we have to go inside the market by foot. Good thing, we all wear flats for the day.

"We'll go on a drive-thru first. I need snacks. I'm feeling snack-y," sabi ni Zia.

"Okay. Marami naman tayong madadaanan. Pero do'n tayo sa less tao para hindi hassle." Bumaling sa akin si Rel. "Anything else?"

I kept thinking about the library and Callan and Alberta. I don't have to check on him but I'm antsy.

"I, uh . . ." What the eff. If I do it, am I heading down the psycho or jealous road? "I need to go to the library." They stared at me like I just told them I'm suddenly a virgin. "What?"

"You're going to Callan?" si Amber.

"Yeah. I'll be quick."

"It's quite a walk from our college," sabi ni Zia. "Do you want us to come? Or do you want to be alone?"

I want to be alone for my foolishness, thank you very much. "I'll be quick alone. Just wait for me in the car."

"We'll pick you up in front of their building," si Zia uli.

"Thanks, girl."

She blew me a kiss and waved. "Come on, mga poks."

Pagliko nila papunta sa parking lot, pakanan naman ako papunta sa building nina Callan. I was still debating with myself while I was walking but I couldn't turn back. I was rushing to the library even though I didn't mean to. When I was finally there, I was convinced to go back to the girls but it was too late. I went inside.

I wasn't expecting to see anything. It's ridiculous to even imagine Callan making out with Alberta at the library. They're both . . . matino. I thought that's the only thing that would make me mad but surprise! I was wrong. Albert was out of her usual baggy shirt and jeggings. Today, she's wearing a motherfreaking dress! It's a sweetheart cut too, that shows a little bit of cleavage! They were all smiles while chatting, their books opened on the table.

I marched towards them. Callan saw me immediately.

"Hey. I thought you're going somewhere else," he said, oblivious of the death and the war that should have been glinting in my eyes.

"Yeah," I said and looked at Alberta. "Nice dress."

"Thanks," she said drily. "Nice . . . pants."

Ugh! I wanted to pull at my hair! Today, out of all days, why the hell did I choose to wear these freaking pants! Today's—

"Pants look good on you, baby," sabi ni Callan.

I shot him a look but his smile got to me. I swallowed. Then, his smile widened and his eyes traveled to my butt.

"I . . ." He cleared his throat. "I took back what I said before about . . . that." I saw humor in his eyes when he looked at me again.

That made me smile. "So you're saying you find my butt delectable now." Napasulyap siya kay Alberta na napasulyap din sa 'min. "Come on, baby, it's okay. She's an adult. She could process these things. It won't make her pure mind dirty. Right, Alberta?"

Her cheeks were flushed as she tried to avert my eyes.

"Why are you here? Checking on me?" tanong ni Callan.

"No." But damn, labas sa ilong ang sagot ko. "I just thought I'd say hi."

"Your college is quite a walk from here to say hi," he said suggestively.

"I'm wearing flats today. A walk is good for me."

Pero tumitig siya sa 'kin and it's irritating how he seemed so sure that I was checking on him. Of course it's true but there's no way I'd admit it.

"Hmm."

Napatingin uli ako kay Alberta. Her dress and her cleavage (she's got a nice B) were making me suspicious. "Are you both staying here until later? Hindi ba kailangang umuwi ni Alberta? Baka may curfew siya."

"Actually—"

Callan cut whatever she's trying to say. "Yes. We're going to be here until later."

Napatingin si Alberta kay Callan at nag-blush uli nang mangitian. Wow. Mabilis kiligin. Not that I can't relate but . . . ugh!

"Don't you have practice later?" baling ko kay Callan.

"I already practiced early this morning. This afternoon until tonight is for studying," sagot niya.

"With Alberta?" Included talaga si Alberta? Sa studying?

"Yes. Why not?" Sumulyap uli siya kay Alberta na parang gusto nang mag-walk out.

Come on, girl, walk out. You can do it. But she didn't.

"Okay, then." I wanted to hold him by the collar of his shirt and shut him up with my lips just to get something out of this impossible irritation I was feeling . . . but we're at a library. Nakatingin na rin sa 'kin ang ilang nag-aaral din doon. Must be because of my delectable butt or the unusual pants.

I smiled at Callan and he smiled at me. Unlike the night before, I wanted to strangle him right now.

You better behave because you're mine, I told him in my head. I didn't dare to say it out loud because I'd look foolish. Looking foolish is not an option I'd take right now. "I better go. My girls are waiting."

Tumango si Callan. "Take care."

I blew him a kiss and winked at Alberta when I caught her looking. Then I swayed my lovely butt on my way out even though what I truly want is to tear them apart.

I almost whined when I went inside Zia's car that's waiting for me outside the building.

"Hey. What's with the face?" aniya.

I shrieked in frustration inside the car. Tinakpan nina Zia, Amber, at Rel ang mga tainga nila. "I'll be okay. That will be the last one. Please drive."

Zia drove but I felt the need to shriek again so I did.

"Monique!" sabay-sabay nilang saway.

I've never been so mad and frustrated and irritated in my entire life. I shrieked all the way out of the university. #

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 88.2K 58
Evangeline Yu went back to the Philippines only to find out that her house was sold, her sister had ran away with her money and her mother was in com...