Confessions of a Bestfriend

Door NicaZacarias

Aria Bennet, a grunge down blondie who likes art and music. She have a bestfriend Ericka Taylor. She envies h... Meer

Chapter 1 First Day
Chapter 2 The New Guy
Chapter 3 Paranoia
Chapter 4 Those Sparkles in her Eyes
Chapter 5 Not like the Rest
Chapter 6 Just a Friend
Chapter 7 Dumbfounded
Chapter 8 Who's the Girl?
Chapter 9 The Kiss
Chapter 10 All that and more
Chapter 11 Her Secret
Chapter 12 All about Status
Chapter 13 Catfight
Chapter 14 Your Wickedness
Chapter 15 Homecoming
Chapter 17 His Regret
Chapter 18 Savior
Chapter 19 The Aftermath
Chapter 20 Judgment Day
Chapter 21 Closure
Chapter 22 Makeover
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 16 Another Chance

377 12 5
Door NicaZacarias

Chapter 16

(Aria's POV)

I was not ready to take on the challenge of going to Homecoming. It would just be a drag to go there. The only reason I'm going was my band. I couldn't let them down this time. I owe them a lot. They were the ones who cheered me up. Our music kept me sane. If it weren't for them I would be in some lone shit hole. Perry even insisted to be my date but I knew he was just being nice. He had his eye for this hot mexican girl at school. Plus, I would never be someone's 'pity date'. I still had my dignity and pride. I would rather go alone than take away Perry's happiness.

I sighed for a moment then I had decided to get on with it. So, I glammed up. I put on my usual make up which was smokey eyeshadows and plum lipstick. I added a bit more red blush and some hairspray to achieve the grunge look. I checked myself in the mirror and I was satisfied.

I strutted downstairs and tapped my brother Jake on the shoulders.

"Are you sure you're going to homecoming? You look like you're ready to suck blood." He laughed.

But before I could react Mom piped in. "Stop pestering with your sister."

I stuck my tongue out at him. Mom and dad also were mortified with my so-called homecoming fashion but they didn't push. I was relieved.

"So, mom can I use the car?" I pleaded.

"No honey, not alone. You're brother's gonna drive you or you want dad?" She eyed me.

I quickly responded. "Jake will do." Then, I dragged my brother out.

We arrived at school and told my brother to pick me up at around midnight. I didn't have plans to stay longer.

I went inside the gym and took notice that people stared at me. At first I got conscious but I remembered that I wouldn't let people affect me. I'm here to play with my band and hopefully make ammends with my bestfriend.

Speaking of which, I spotted her with Tyler.

"Wow, they're together again?"

That was a first. She never got back together with any guys before. I wondered what happened. Nevertheless, they looked good.

I sipped my punch while leaning against the wall. I surveyed the scene for a particular person. I hoped he would come. However, I doubted it. He's still disappointed in me.

Then, I heard a slap. It was Ericka. She slapped Tyler hard on the face. Apparently, Tyler was flirting with another girl while they were dancing.

"What a deusch!"

"You know talking to yourself is a first sign of mental disorder." Mark implied.

"Were you there the whole time?" I asked in annoyance.

"Hmm, sort of." He shrugged.

I wondered where this conversation could lead to because it was totally awkward.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I blurted.

"We broke up." He looked down on the floor. "She cheated on me."

I was taken a back by what he said.

"Karma's a b*tch." I said and turned away.

"I know, that's why I'm here." He said.

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I want to say sorry. I know you're tired of hearing it but still...I apologize." He spoke.

He seemed sincere. Hence, there's still hatred lingering inside of me. I did not respond.

"I missed you. She's nothing like you Aria. I regret breaking up with you. Will you give me another chance?" He pleaded.

He's out of his mind. After what he did to me, he's still hoping for me to take him back.

"I'm not a toy or your reserved girl. She cheated on you and you felt guilty. Now, you want me back?" I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"That's not what I meant." He replied.

"I say no. We're through a long time ago. I'm already inlove with someone else." I said with words of venom.

His face was screaming of hurt from rejection. Then, it turned to sinful glares. I had never seen him looked at me that way before. A few seconds after he walked away without another word.

I was still stunned that I didn't notice Vera calling out to me.

"Hey, you okay? You look pale." Vera asked.

"Yea, I got a little clostrophobic that's all." I lied.

"Oh..kay. We better get backstage. We're up in five." She informed me. I nodded and followed her.

***

I had butterflies in my stomach when Perry awkwardly introduced our band. We started off a bit shaky but the crowd had a great response and we got the hang of it. They were jumping and slamming to the beat. We completely rocked the house. My nerves were then at ease and I felt better. Especially, when I got the chance to sing the next song.

I particularly requested this song because it was one of my favorites. Also, it was also Ericka's. We used to sing this together. I was secretly wishing she would listen to the song and hope she got my message of peace. I had decided to do the right thing.

As I sang, everyone was singing along. It was a great feeling. I felt like I was floating. I poured my soul with every lyrics and tone. The music moved and possessed me.

I dramatically ended my song and open my eyes. I had expected cheers & claps but nothing had prepared me for what was about to happen.

Ericka ran up to the stage towards me screaming. I didn't get down the words because of crowd's reaction to her sudden outburst. Within a blink of an eye, she pushed me away and in came pouring down pink paint that splattered on her.

Everyone let out gasps and a few seconds later fell silent. We were all shocked. Ericka slowly crept up and the audience laughed at her. She turned red matching the color of her dress. Swiftly, she ran down stage and disappeared from sight.

I scrambled to my feet and followed her. It didn't matter what other people think. All I wanted to know was what really happened. Who did it? Why did she save me? Lots of questions kept popping inside my head as I ran down the desserted hallways. I wandered around and assumed that she was in the girls bathroom.

I pushed the door and summoned my bestfriend.

"Ericka! Are you here? Talk to me." I shouted.

"Go away!" She yelled from inside the last cubicle.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what happened back there." I announced.

I heard her sobs and sniffs.

"None of this would ever happen if it wasn't for you!" She sobbed.

"You started it! I was interested in Zeke, but you were insensitive and selfish!" My pride went up.

"Insensitive? Who secretly dated my boyfriend, lied about it and told everyone my secret? huh?" She slammed the door open and poked me.

"You knew I liked him." I poked her back.

"But you're a coward to admit and do something about it." She shoved me.

"Arrrgh! I've had it! We need to stop. Look at us. This is stupid! We're not kids anymore!" I screamed that startled her.

"You're right. I mean, look at me. I look like a clown with melted pink ice cream on." She gazed at her reflection. Her mascarra was all over her face because of tears. Her red satin dress were drenched in pink paint.

I chuckled. She glared at me but in an instant her face lit up. She let out a heartful laugh. We both laughed until our stomach hurt. Tears were even visible in her eyes. We were like kids again.

"You know, I apologize for betraying you. I was so fed up being your shadow or sidekick. I got insecure. I wanted to fight for something that I could call mine. However, it turned out to be the worst." I explained.

She listened to me intently, not moving a single muscle. Then, I continued.

"You are rich, pretty and popular. You can have anything or anyone. I cannot compete with that."

"You're right about me having to be rich, beautiful and popular but you're wrong about me having anything and anyone." She implied.

I got confused. But she continued. "I can't have your freedom A. You can be whoever you want to be. I'm stuck being this snotty b*tch who makes someone's life a living hell. I make girls and even boys cry. At first, it was cool but then I realized, I can't have a real relationship 'cause I had to be mean and pretend that I don't care for other people's feelings. But I do Aria. I do care. I'm a fraud and I'm not proud of what I've become." She ranted.

I had never thought that she had these emotions inside of her.

"I want to be me, the real me. I'm tired of having to maintain this fake facade. I thought that being like this would make me happy and content but I was wrong. " She cried and I gathered her in my arms.

"Just cry it out." I said as I brushed her shoulders.

"I'm sorry if I gave you a hard time. For being insensitive to your feelings. I guess, I got the hang of it but I've realized it's wrong. Also, I'm sorry 'bout Zeke." She looked at me with sincerety.

"Forget about him. He doesn't like me anymore." I uttered.

"No. He likes you. I could sense it. He turned me down because of you A. I really think that his feelings for you are genuine." She convinced me.

"But what about you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I've been selfish. You deserve him. Plus, there are a lot of guys out there." She smiled.

I hugged her. We both chuckled and enjoyed the moment of being bestfriends again. It was as if a torn in my heart was already gone. 

I breathe a sigh of relief.

I thought everything would turn out fine but suddenly, the fire alarm came ringing loudly through out the school. There were screams and gasps coming from the hallways.

"Fire! Fire! Fire! Everyone get out of the building." Someone called out.

Me and Ericka both looked at each other with horror. We scampered to go outside the corridors. It was full of thick smoke. There wasn't much too see and we were both gasping for air. The source of fire seemed to be near the girl's bathroom. It was the art room that was burning. We struggled for air as we tried to pass thru it. But it was so hard because of the raging flames. We called for help but nobody's replying. We both didn't have our cellphones with us.

As the time went by the smoke grew thicker. We were starting to lose breathes. My vision was blurring. I saw Ericka sliding down on her knees. Slowly, I blacked out.

--------------------------------------------

{A/N}:

P.S. thank you to @_JustOneWord_ for making the new cover.

xoxox

Nica

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.5M 136K 56
"Honestly one of the best books I've read" - mywayforme "I'll take it from here," Sebastian said. "Ms. Dawson, I re-watched your interlude performanc...
281 0 24
Highschool academy shit. Aria , a well behaved 13 year old who loves people watching. Elias , quiet respectful 13 year old in the same class as aria...
27.4K 866 45
"You'll know Carson Grey when you see him" No girl can resist his charms and good looks, but not Aria...or so she thought. COMPLETE *TRIGGER WARNING...
24.8K 4.4K 33
Aria Matthews is in love with her best friend, Lucas Miller. It is the best kept secret since Area 51 and she knows she would take it to the grave. B...