Helping Me {The Walking Dead}

By NerdForLyfeee

THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK AND I DO REALIZE THAT I MADE A TON OF MISTAKES BUT I WAS A YOUNG CHILD. Ranked #5 in #... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End
New part?

Chapter 10

1.6K 31 4
By NerdForLyfeee

Season 4 Episode 10(Inmates);

We kept walking, we were farther from the prison now, when we came across a diner.

"Wait outside, okay? keep watch." Rick told Carl and I.

"No, you keep watch, you can barely stand I can't let you go in there alone."

"Excuse me."

"We've done this before; I'm going to help you clear it. You should just let me do it myself."

"Let's go," we all walked in, it was dark and dirty.

I stayed up front going through the counter looking for anything useful, they went in the back to look for more food.

I found a lot of junk, pencils, napkins, empty cups. When I heard a gunshot I quickly got to my feet, running back seeing a dead Walker and Carl grabbing food.

"Everyone okay?" I asked.

Carl ignored me for a bit then answered. "Yeah."

We then left, me and Rick falling behind as Carl walked more forward.

"Hey." Rick said, Carl stopped and so did I. "That one is as good as any," he said gesturing to the house.

We walked up the porch busting the door open.

We all began to look around.

"Carl!" Rick yelled.

I took this chance to go search on my own.

"Hey asshole, hey shirt face, hey-" he was cut off by Rick.

"Watch your mouth!" He yelled quietly.

I blocked out the rest looking around, not wanting to be in their fatherly son conversation, I knew they were both pretty hurt not finding Judith.

Rick then came into the kitchen doing the same thing I was doing.

I then left right away, I knew somehow I was going to be dragged into it tonight. So not now.

We kept looking around Intel it was dark. I decided that I would sleep in the room that I found a while ago, it must of belonged to a guy, so many video games.

After a while of me laying there, staring at the wall I felt the bed sink next to me.

I turned around to face him and began to speak.

"I'm sorry," I said a bit sadly. "I'm sorry I couldn't help much." I said kissing him on the cheek.

"Just, shut up, your right. You didn't help." He sat up now, "you could've saved Judith, but no you were protecting me! I don't need you or my dad!" Right after that I got up out of the bed taking a pillow with me, heading to the kitchen.

I made a little bed in the corner of the room and cried. "You said you loved me." I whispered to myself eventually falling asleep.

"Scarlet, scarlet, scarlet, I will find you." A male voice said, I turned around to see none other than josh.

"I'll kill you, and your little boyfriend too." He said and began walking up to me with a small knife in his right hand.

"I'll kill you, just like I did them other girls." He whispered in my ear cutting my throat, blood seeping out.

I woke up holding my throat, crying, panicking.

I use to have them dreams all the time, tell the apocalypses.

I looked over at the table seeing Carl poring a bowl of cereal.

He didn't even ask if I was okay, nothing, he didn't even look at me. Maybe he didn't love me, maybe he really doesn't need me.

After a while of silence, he walked out of the room, I just laid there silently crying. When I heard Carl scream.

"Wake up!" I ran to the living seeing his dad lay there, as moans and groans came from the door.

"I got it," I said walking to the window climbing out, "No, I'll do it." Carl said already outside. I followed him out and watched as he tried to kill the walkers by the door.

"Hey you! I'm right here, come and get it." He said backing away as the followed him. "Let's take a walk, keep up." He said as they went out on to the street. "That's it," he was walking backwards and talking to the walkers. I followed him while they went through some trees then another walker popped out surrounding him. I ready my bow with an arrow ready to shoot.

I know he said he doesn't need me, but I can't let him die. I wasn't going to shot yet, oh not yet, not until he really needed it. To show he needs me.

He was pushed to the ground, yes my heart was racing, I wanted to shot but I need to show him. The walkers began to push him against a wall, he shot the female one in the head, causing it to fall on top of him, then shot the second one, that one fell on top of the first one. And the third one was the easy one to kill, I'll give him that but then another one came, the walker was already on top, but he couldn't shoot.

I loaded my arrow releasing, watching it fly through the air going right in the temple of the walkers head.

"I had it you know." He said grumpy.

"You wasted three bullets on that walker, you need my help, I wasn't going to let you get bit!" I said almost yelling at his ignorance.

"Whatever," he said walking away.

I sighed and followed him.

We ended up going back to the house. He then started talking to Rick.

I stayed in the kitchen not listening, because I knew I wouldn't be able to bite my tongue.

I heard him yelling at him, screaming, I got up and walked in.

He looked at me once he was done then turned away walking up the stairs.

"I'd be fine if you died. Both of you." He said finally then walking away.

I stayed behind, I knew he was going to go kill a walker or something, but I needed my time.

"Hey Rick," I said sitting by the couch. "I'm sorry Carl's being such a jerk," I paused as tears poked at my eyes. "He said he loved me, now he doesn't need me," what if he's right, what If I was better off dead..." I said now crying.

I then went to my bed in the kitchen, and maybe around midnight I heard Carl cry. I got up walking to the living room where he was, he was holding ricks head.

"I'm scared," he whispered crying, "I'm scared," he said again.

"I'm scared." He said finally.

I walked up to him, he moved his dad from his lap and Wrapped me in a hug.

"Scar, I'm so sorry, I do need you. I miss you, don't ever leave me. Please..." He said begging.

"I promise..." I said hugging back crying still.

We cuddled, wrapped up in one blanket.

Once it was daylight Rick woke up fully.

I laced down still looking up at them while they talked.

"You shouldn't have risked it, you both could of been hurt."

"We were here though." Carl replied.

"It's good that you guys found more food," I cut him off.

"Carl did, I didn't."

"I found even more, but I ate it." I smiled to myself knowing what he was talking about.

"What was it?" Rick asked.

"112 ounces of pudding." They both chuckled.

"I know; we'll never get things back to the way they use to be."

"What?" Carl asked.

"I only clenched it at for you and Judith. Now Judith is, gone."

"And you, you're a man, Carl, you're a man. I'm sorry."

"you don't need to be." He answers, I smiled to myself at this amazing moment.

We sat in silence when we heard a knock on the door. Rick laughed, sliding on the couch.

"What?" Carl asked.

"It's for you." He said to Carl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709K 14.3K 46
"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demons They could see the face that conquere...
138K 2K 67
This is about the reader and their suggestions. You can message me a suggestion or comment one. I love writing stories and I love the walking dead so...
5.4K 140 31
When Rossary decided to move away from home and to Atlanta, Georgia, she never once thought the world would end. Along with her friend, Matthew, Ross...
240K 5.2K 96
(Currently under rewriting so certain parts of the story may not make sense.) "My name is Lydia Nicole Dixon I grew up in the state of Atlanta with m...