Society In The Stars

By lizzy_trapp27

This is based of the zodiacs. A world in 2029 where your zodiac starts to dived you from the rest of the worl... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 10

550 12 20
By lizzy_trapp27

Aries - Owen Ross

Taurus - Ivy Moon

Gemini - Capri

Cancer - Nate Storm

Leo - Emily Rose

Virgo - Asher Reece

Libra - Jett Lynn

Scorpio - Cole Brady

Sagittarius - Nash Raine

Capricorn - Bryar Mae

Aquarius - Finely Khai

Pisces - Camron Grace

Chapter 10 ~ Flashlights

Everyone has secrets. Some are just better are keeping them than others. The cold morning of October 21st a day that will be remembered by the twelve that sit around the fire. Everyone has something they haven't told anyone. Some have one others have many. This day was normal. Or as normal as a day in the apocalypse could get. Until that night. 9:42pm. But of course they didn't know that. Emily wake and her messy brown hair in her face. Asher also wakes around the same time Emily does. He notices Finley and Jett are already sitting by the fire. Emily sits across from the two. Emily can feel the presence of someone next to her. It is Asher.

"Morning Asher." Emily says.

"Morning it is. Not very good one." Asher says grumpy.

"Come on don't be so grumpy it could be worse." Emily says.

"Yes you're right it could be could be we could be in an apocalypse with barley and food and freezing.... oh wait... we're in an apocalypse with barely any food and freezing." Asher says.

"Fine be that way." Emily says.

"Sorry." Asher mumbles.

"Sorry you should be." Emily says stubbornly.

"I am getting some breakfast would you like to come with?" Asher says politely, trying not to upset Emily.

There is no answer for a second.

"Yes." Emily says directly and goes to stand up and get food.

Next out is Capri who sees the fire is still going and is walking up to it when Cole walks up to her and starts to talk to her.

"How did you sleep, Capri?" Cole asks.

"Slept wonderful. Could have had a better sleep. I slept like princess." Carpi says sarcastically.

"So is that a yes or a no?" Cole asks.

"It's a no. You need to keep your girlfriend on a leash." Capri says.

"Girlfriend?" Cole asks.

"You know what never mind I shouldn't even be talking to you. Every time I talk to you something bad happens." Capri says.

"Not true." Cole says.

"Watch. 3...2...1..." Capri says waiting for less than a second.

Camron comes up behind her and accidentally kicks her in the shins.

"Oh sorry Capri I didn't see you there." Camron says.

"Sure you didn't." Capri says through her teeth.

"Told you so. Anyways better be going." Capri says rolling her eyes.

Capri walks away and goes to sit on the opposite side of the fire as Finley and Jett.

"Told you what? What she says! Because if it was about me kicking her last night it's not true." Camron says.

"That's not what she was talking about but alright." Cole says slightly confused and goes to sit down by Finley.

That's the last thing Cole wants. Is to get in between those two. He has seen his fair share of girl fights and it never ends well. Jett notices Cole sits down next to them and she quickly picks her head up of Finley and says,

"Well I will leave you two boys alone I'm going to check on Emily." Jett says biting her lip and quickly walking away.

"Is she alright?" Cole asks.

"I think so." Finley say

"Think so?" Cole asks.

"I'm not sure girls are confusing." Finley says to him.

"Good point mate." Cole says patting Finley's shoulder.

Nate and Nash are up soon too and they go to sit down by the fire to warm up on the cold morning. Ivy is up shortly too and sees the two boys and goes over to see them.
"Hey guys." Ivy says.

"Hey Ivy." Nate says.

"How did you guys sleep?" Ivy asks, trying to start a normal morning conversation.

"Alright." Nate says.

Nash sees Capri sitting by herself on another side of the fire and he walks up from Ivy and Nate's conversation to go talk to her. Nash has been hiding something he just doesn't know if he should tell them or not. So he thought why not start with Capri and see what she says.

"Hey Capri." Nash says.

"Hey Nash." Capri says as he sits down next to her.

"I umm. I have to tell you something but uhhh...we might need to talk to the...the umm group about it...it's something I saw in the uhhh..." Nash is cut off by Bryar coming behind them.

"Hey lovebirds." She says leaning on Capri's shoulder.

"Hey Bryar...wait...love birds...n...no way no not love birds." Capri says quickly, stumbling over her words.

"Whatever you say." Bryar says, giving a cheeky smile.

"What are you three talking about." Owen says dropping in.

"Oh..umm..n...nothing." Nash says.

"Well from over there it looked like you were talking about something intense." Owen says.

"It was nothing." Capri says quickly then standing up to go get some food leaving Nash sitting by the fire alone. Owen and Bryar walk a little bit together.

"What did you think that was about?" Bryar asks.

"Maybe Capri's pregnant and it's Nash's." Owen says.

"Eww gross Owen its not that!" Bryar says with a disgusted look on her face. Owen just laughs a little.

The day goes on as normal and people are playing games hanging around the fire. People are starting to get bored through running out of things to do. Soon night falls and it is only colder than it was in the morning. Finley and Jett seem to be in some intense conversation a couple feet from where everyone is gathered around the fire. All the sudden they hear yelling and everyone around the fire turns their heads too Jett and Finley.

"Wait Jett that's not what I meant when I said...ugg...Jett come back don't go into the forest alone." Finley says.

"Should we go get Jett?" Nate asks.

"Definitely." Emily says standing up and grabbing a flashlight. The group grabs the flashlights and heads into the forest to try and find where Jett went off to.

"Glad we brought the flash lights now Capri." Camron says with a little sas.

"Yeah whatever Camron." Capri says back to her.

Emily starts to call out her friend's name. And everyone else does the same calling for Jett. The group starts to get farther and farther from camp. Then all of the sudden they hear some rustling and Jett scream.

"JETT!" Finley yells running in front of the group looking for her. The rest of the group does the same running in the direction of the scream. They run through a bushy spot in the forest and see Jett lying on the ground but then in front of her this animal. But it wasn't just an animal. It actually didn't look like an animal at all. It looked like a human on all fours but it also looked like a wolf. Then at the same time some sort of monster. Spikes came out of its back and it walked on all fours with brown dark fur and long claws with sharp teeth. Looked like it came out of a horror movie.

"What the fuck is that!" Owen yells. The thing snaps around and sees the group and it stares for a minute. Jett quickly stands up and Finely runs to her, grabbing her in his arms. Her eyes are red from crying. Finley quickly moves back to the group. Two more emerge in front of the bushes now making three of those things. All the sudden they are full sprinting at the group and the group turns around and sprints into the dark forest. Before they know it they are split into four groups running through the forest too busy running not looking where they are going or who they are with. They are sprinting through the forest. Ivy, Capri, Bryar, and Owen all ran straight. Finley and Jett ran left. Cole, Camron, Nate, Emily, and Asher all ran right. Then Nash ran in some other direction alone. Guess what time it was then and there. 9:42pm. The groups finally lost them and they were all in different parts of the forest. Nash was all alone when he stopped to catch his breath. He looked around and saw only dark trees.

"Fuck." He whispers to himself. He looks around again and this time sees some light. He decided to walk towards it because what's the worst that could happen. It's either the fire or a flashlight. He heard something behind him and decided to run towards the light. He turned around to look if anything was behind him when he ran into something. More like someone. He fell on top of someone. This someone happened to be Capri.

"Look, it's the other lovebird." Owen says teasing them.

"Oh shut it Owen." Capri says. Nash gets up and gives a hand to Capri to help her up but she doesn't use it. Capri glares at Nash.

"What?!" Nash says.

"This morning. When you said you had seen something else somewhere. Is this what you saw? In one of your dads files that there would be some fucking creatures trying to kill us." Capri says.

"Yeah that's kind of what I wanted to tell you." Nash says rubbing the back of his neck. Capri slaps him on the arm.

"You IDIOT you have to tell us these sort of things prior so that this doesn't happen." Capri says.

"I know. I know I wanted to tell you." Nash says.

"So wait, that's what you two where doing this morning." Bryar says.

"Yeah sorta. I was going to tell Capri." Nash says.

"I'm lost?" Ivy says.

"Nothing Ivy, we will talk later." Capri says.

"Anything else you are hiding, Nash. Like soon there are going to be some asteroids falling from space to come blow us up!" Owen yells.

"No that's it. That was the last thing in the file. I PROMISE." Nash says.

"Alright." Bryar says.

"Okay let's just focus on getting out of the forest." Capri says looking around.

Back in the other two groups there seems to be less fighting. Jett and Finley however weren't talking just walking as Jett was still mad at Finley for a fight everyone else missed.

"Thank you." Jett murmurs.

"Your welcome. And I'm sorry. When I asked about your family and all of that stuff about why you were upset. I...I didn't mean it that way." Finley says.

"Thank you Finley." Jett says hugging Finley's arm. Surprisingly Finley and Jett found their way back to camp quite easily. They realized once they got back no one else was there.

"I hope they find their way back." Finley says. Jett runs her hands through her hair.

"This is my fault. Shit. Okay. Sorry." Jett says turning her head towards the ground.

"It's fine Jett. Nothing we can do now except wait. I don't think any of us are going to sleep tonight." Finley says. 

(1840 words) 

A/N Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating I have been focusing on school and I finished all of my finals. I am back and will be wiring more frequently know thank you everyone for all of your support. 

Also sorry for any misspelled words

~comment here any suggestions or ideas you guys have for the story!~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 185 24
Never have I ever killed someone. 13 people put their hand up. The zodiacs start off at the games night at fellow sign, Virgo's house. Ever since the...
1K 24 20
A group of ten teenagers and three kids discovers magical zodiac powers and are the only ones to stop the darkness who is threatening the world.
18K 210 42
There are 12 Zodiac Signs, as you all know. The Zodiac country is split up in different large masses of land, like a state, called sections. But what...
25.6K 526 32
12 zodiac signs get accepted to the same college to help find there powers. They all get together in one huge mansion and live together for 4 years...