𝟑𝟗

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is on the right and her dress for the 60's decade dance is on the left!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ━═☆

Charlotte played with the ends of her sleeve from where she stood outside with Damon and Stefan as Elena signed the deed to the Salvatore's Boarding House with a lawyer.

"You two really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No. I mean...I don't want to seem like I am doubting her. She said she could," Charlotte paused, shoving her hands in her pockets, "But ever since I got into the loop of all these hectic things...I realized that everything comes with a price. It can't be that easy."

Damon, refusing to look at a kink in their plan, shook his head, "No, it will work. We just need to find him."

Stefan nodded as Damon questioned, "Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?"

"Nope," He shook his head, "Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked."

The oldest Salvatore paused for a few seconds before asking, "Do you think he killed her?"

"Katherine? Maybe," Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, "Although that would be a very sad ending."

"It's not like she didn't have it coming," Damon crossed his arms, finishing.

Elena opened the door before the lawyer got out, "Thank you, Mr. Henry."

The three vampires walked to the threshold but an invisible force kept them out as Elena shook her head, "I'm sorry. I completely forgot."

Charlotte smiled, shrugging her shoulders as Elena smiled, "Charlotte, would you please come inside my house?"

"Gladly," She pushed her way through Damon and Stefan, walking inside as Stefan raised his eyebrows in confusion.

Elena then turned to her boyfriend, "Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you," He entered safely, standing beside Charlotte.

Elena looked at Damon, still standing at the door, "What are we, twelve?"

"One of us is," She responded, shrugging his shoulders before she asked, "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"