CHAPTER 29

4 years later

I groaned and slapped away the hand that attempted to wake me up. Why can't in have my precious sleep?

"Get up Hazel" Simon whined. I snuggled closer into the pillow and went back to sleep. Then the covers were ripped off me. I opened my eyes and peeked at Simon.

"What?" I asked sitting up.

"We need to go somewhere" he replied hands crossed. Simon grew up to be a very handsome guy, he's my brother. I know but I can't help but compliment him. I looked at the clock. It's a freaking 4 am. where do people go at 4 freaking am?.

I glared at him and laid back on my bed. He groaned before grabbing me and throwing me over his shoulder. I beat his back hard telling him to drop me. I'm 22 but this guys Still treat me like a child.

He ran down the stairs quickly. I'd stopped hitting him and was more interested in making sure i did not fall. We reached the bottom of the stairs and before i knew it, I was blindfolded and sandals were slipped unto my feet.

"You know you could've kidnapped me after my graduation which is today" I said to the person. I got no reply before I was dropped on a soft car seat. Comfy.  I nodded off and went back to sleep.

******
I woke up again to somebody carrying me. I could hear some hushed conversation around me but when I attempted to raise the blind fold someone stopped me. I was trying to guess where I was by sniffing around.i could smell soil and could hear water but nothing else. I just hope they don't plan on drowning me or dropping me in mud because this is my favorite pajamas.

The person dropped me on a soft blanket and told me to remove the blind fold but when I did the person was gone.

I was at the pond with the fire flies. The only thing in my mind was that Dylan was responsible for this but why did he have to do it when I needed my sleep.

Lights came on from nowhere. Creepy. People started coming out of the trees in different directions. They were all dressed in suit and walked in a particularly stylish way. Then someone came from their middle, his hat tipped over his head in a way that reminded me of the old English people, he also had a cane in his hand and a microphone in the other.

They started to tap their foot on the ground as the tune of a song came up. It was 'Marry you' by Bruno Mars.

looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares, baby, I think I wanna marry you 
Well, I know this little chapel on the boulevard
we can go No one will know, oh, come on girl
Who cares if we're trashed, got a pocket full of cash
we can blow Shots of patron and it's on, girl 

Don't say no, no, no, no, no

Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
And we'll go, go, go, go, go
If you're ready, like I'm ready....

Dylan sang the song while dancing with the others. When they finished the song.
They held up two posters, one with yes and the other with no. Caleb handed me a paint ball gun the shoot the one I wanted.

I stood up and cocked the gun and shot.  It hit the Yes sign with a loud clap. There was loud cheering and jumping about as Dylan came forward and knelt before me. He opened a small box with a ring inside and It had diamonds crested in it. He places it on my finger before standing up and kissing me.

I wrapped my hands around his neck.and pulled him closer inhaling his cologne. We broke apart finally and I hugged him.

"I'm so happy for you girl" Dale said hugging me so tight I almost choked.

Simon wiped away fake tears "I thought she'll die single but we can still arrange that" the others nodded their heads in agreement. I rolled my eyes.

Alan pulled my cheeks softly "I can't believe I'm gonna have a neice finally" Ivan had 2 sons already, twin boys both in elementary.

"Sorry to spoil your fun but if we don't leave now, we'll miss Hazel's graduation from college and dad Is gonna be mad" Percy said. We all gathered our things and headed for the cars.

I drove with Dylan, in his car. He studied medicine while I did  genetics.

"I can't believe this is happening" I said to him. He turned slightly and grinned widely.

" I want a boy first" he replied. I stared at him and snorted.

"I'm sorry but it's a girl I want and she'll be named Rose"

"Nah, boy" we started bickering back and forth on whether girl or boy. Once we got home I ran out of the car to find dad.

I found him on the couch on his phone. In jumped on him and showed him my ring. He gazed at it shocked.

"In getting married" he was speechless because he stared at the ring till the others came.

"To who?"he asked. My smile faltered but I told him Dylan. He looked at a nervous Dylan before standing and walking over to him. I was expecting him to give him a punch but.....

Dad hugged him and patted him on the back.

"I'm proud of you son, you deserve it" i hugged dad tight and then Dylan.

Emma came I'm holding a bright green dress and a bag containing shoes. I ran to her and broke the good news. She started screaming and jumping around. She got engaged last week to Miles and they'll be marrying soon.

We both went to my room and got ready for our graduation. This was my day and I'm glad about it.

**********
We were finally home from the graduation. I got my diploma and the award for best graduating student in the class. Miles took Emma on a date. ivan was with his family, Alan was with his fiance Melissa while the others plus Dylan were downstairs playing video games. They never grow up.

I walked down the stairs and went out side to the pool side. The moon was out and it reflected on the water.

I laid down on the grass and stared at the stars. My mum and I used to do it a lot before James came around.  Just seat outside and watch the stars.

"I made it mama, I graduated high school and college and now I'm gonna be a mother" I whispered.  I know she heard me and I could almost see her smile up in heaven. I heard the rustling of leaves beside me and Dylan dropped on the floor beside me. He didn't say anything.

"I miss my mum, I wish she was here to see what I've become" I said to him.

"She's watching where she is and I'm pretty sure she's very proud" he replied facing me.

"i love you Dylan Miller"

"And you too Hazel Valdez"

I looked back at the sky and I smiled. Everything broken can be fixed just find how.

Yay, finally the book is over and completed. I'm very glad that I was able to finish this book. You guys motivated me to finish it and I'm done. Thanks a lot for 110k reads and 66 followers. I'm so happy right now. I'm gonna release another book soon so what out for it and I'll give some bonus chapters on this one so you'll see what happened later on.

Thanks a lot and lots of love.♥♥♡

Ladyc15