dorm room kisses- jonathan crane/scarecrow

pairing: student!jonathan crane and student!male!reader
summary: jonathan scares you, you talk about how only men have been asking him out, you two kiss
genre: just straight fluff
warnings: kissing, jonathan being jonathan, swearing, some talk about sexuality
a/n: i scared you didn't, i? saw this dialogue and thought it was perfect for my boy also this is for the nolan trilogy jonathan :) but literally could be whatever jonathan u want also idk what jonathan crane loving demon possessed me to write this in a single sitting last night but u can thank them for this

For the most part, college is fun a little weird or awkward at times, but overall, the experience is good. With a roommate like yours though, things are a bit more weird than normal. He has this thing about scaring people, especially you that you honestly still don't get, but he seems to enjoy it. He's a lanky, socially awkward guy and you know he means no harm. A lot of other people seem to let it piss them off but you've always got his back at least when you're with him.

You're working on a project at your desk as he quietly walks in as per usual. You don't notice him (also as per usual), too engrossed in your laptop to even care. He sets his backpack down gently before walking up behind you. He reaches out with both of his hands and grips your shoulders. You jump out of your chair, instantly turning around toward him as he falls back onto your bed laughing hysterically.

"What the hell!?" You're clutching your chest, trying to calm down as Jonathan's laughter mildly infuriates you. "Jonathan!"

"I scared you, didn't I?" He flashes that signature smile of his, it slowly turning into a smirk.

"God, yeah! Man," You lean back in your chair and take a deep breath. "Jesus, dude," You sigh. "You're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days..."

Jonathan shakes his head, "Sorry." He's still smiling.

"You're not sorry, asshole," You mumble the last part just loud enough so he can still hear. "You gotta get a hobby or something, man. You know like half the campus hates you, right?"

He nods, "I know but who cares?"

"Don't you want a girlfriend or boyfriend or something, dude? Or at least more friends than just me?"

"I'm content with just you."

You shake your head, "Really? That's setting the bar pretty low." You shoot him a look and chuckle.

He just shrugs. "You're my favorite person to scare, who else could I need?"

You shake your head again. "You're crazy," You smile at him. There's a pause between you two as you both rack your brains for topics of conversation. Usually, your conversations flowed well without much need for pause but it seems you two had exhausted almost all options. "You know," You pipe up, catching his attention quickly. "There's been like three guys here while you've been gone, all asking for you." You stop to eye him and gauge his reaction.

"And what did they want? To beat me up for scaring their girlfriends or something?"

"No," You trail off for a moment, looking at your lap. "They uh," A smile starts to spread over your lips as you meet his eyes again. "They all wanted to ask you out." You pause to gauge his reaction again but quickly add, "Not a single girl but three dudes all wanting to ask you out. Are you even into guys?"

Jonathan actually had to think before answering this time. He never dwelled too long on his sexuality, always ready and okay to just see someone and accept if he was attracted to them or not. He found that most of his life and still now, he leaned more toward girls but every so often and especially now, especially with you as his roommate he had taken quite the liking to boys, too. He didn't know if he wanted to divulge that information to anyone but you seem like a safe option, after all, you let him scare you on an almost daily basis and you stand up for him whenever he's in trouble. And maybe if he told you that he did in fact like men, too, you would be more open to the concept of him being into you. So, he answers simply, "Yes."

Your face expresses surprise for a quick moment before being replaced with a bright smile. "Huh," You rub your bottom lip, something Jonathan knew meant that you're thinking. "So, should I give you their numbers?"

Jonathan furrows his brows.

You grin at his confused state before explaining, "Over like three months these dudes came, every time you were gone, and all of them left their numbers. I uh, held onto them. Just in case you needed a date or something, I don't really know." You shrug. "If you want 'em though-"

"Y/n," He cuts you off.

You swallow, "Yeah?"

"I want you." Three words. Simple as can be. An extraordinary revelation though to both you and Jonathan.

"Um," You don't know what to say. You liked guys and you definitely liked Jonathan but it was so sudden and you had always assumed he was straight and even if he wasn't that you would have to ask him. To say you're caught off guard is a huge understatement. You actually had been working up the courage to ask him out ever since you two shared a bed one night while he was sick and you provided him comfort. Just being close to him and having his warmth mix with yours was a heavenly experience and you wanted it to happen again preferably for the rest of your life.

"Sorry, I-" He shakes his head. "I shouldn't have asked. No one likes me, why would you?" He mumbles the last part but you still manage to hear it.

"Jonathan," You get out of your chair and take a step toward him. You reach out, cupping his face that's currently turned away from you and make him look at you. "I didn't mean to come off like that, I just-" You swallow thickly, his face in your hands another heavenly experience. "I never thought you would ask." You smile softly at him.

A tear falls down his cheek, like an angel crying. It shatters your heart and you quickly wipe the tear away. "I didn't want to make you cry," You pout. "Come here," You keep ahold of his face and lean down as he leans forward. You press your soft lips against his chapped ones and again it is heavenly. Everything about him is heavenly. You can tell he's never kissed anyone before and it's endearing, really endearing. You smile through the kiss, letting him be ravenous. You suspect he hasn't had much intimacy ever and you want him to enjoy this as much if not more than you are.

In a quick movement, he brings his hands up to cup your face, pressing into you as much as he can. He's rough but in a strangely gentle way. Again, you let him do what he wants, you two would probably joke about it later. The kiss is long and you both try to hold off on departing for air. When you both finally succumb to the need for oxygen you lean against each other's chests, panting heavily, lust-filled eyes staring back at one another.

"We should do that again," You laugh.

He nods, "Yes, we should."

"So," You pull back a little but keep a hold on his hands. "Are we dating or?"

"Do you want to date me?" Jonathan's almost scared to ask because you very well could say no.

"Well, yeah," You say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "But I don't know if you're cool being a couple in like public and everything."

"Everyone already hates me," He shrugs. "At least I'll be with you."

You smile at that and pull him into an embrace. You comb your fingers through his soft but shaggy hair, "I'll always be with you, Jonathan." You press a kiss to his forehead before returning to your previous position and letting him rest his head against your chest. College is going to be a bit more fun.