History Ch 3

Southern France, 1002

Klaus and Elijah with Lucien
After fleeing from Mikael, the siblings stuck together, feeding when they had to while trying to remain hidden from their father.

Elijah took up a strong leadership role and stressed that they stick to their vows of remaining together always and forever.

One day, after killing a caravan of nobles in fine clothing, they thought about taking the clothes and posing as their victims so they could finally stop running and settle in one place.

When they discovered a servant of a nearby castle, Lucien, was hiding from them and had overheard their thoughts, he offered to help them with their ruse. Klaus put it to a vote to stop his siblings from senselessly bickering over what to do with him.

While Elijah voted to kill him to protect their presence from Mikael, Klaus had the tie-breaking vote to let Lucien live.

Klaus and Elijah present Rebekah to the count.

With Lucien's help, they infiltrated the castle and pretended to be nobles. Elijah and Klaus shared concerns in putting their faith in a stranger but Lucien proved to be of use when he introduced them to Count de Martel.

Elijah and Klaus played to the count's personality; Elijah complimenting the count and saying how they could learn much from him while Klaus played on his love of hunting.

After nearly being caught, the siblings were welcomed into the count's court.

Italy, 1114

During their time in Italy, Elijah, Klaus, and the twins watched a vampire hunter release a vampire from his cage in public in broad daylight in front of a sizable crowd.

Once the vampire was released, he immediately burned up in the sunlight, while the hunter explained to the crowd about the danger of vampire-kind.

Elijah seemed to believe that the hunter put on a good show, but Klaus as well as the twins were not impressed and claimed that he was nothing and that he could kill him himself for sport.

Elijah, Klaus, and the twins grew more curious about the new vampire hunter when he started to become fond of Rebekah, their sister.

They got to know him better over time and learned that his name was Alexander.

One night, Alexander was over for dinner, and Elijah, who had been watching him closely, said that he was curious to learn more about his order and its cause, Alexander revealed that he and some other members were initiated into their order by a dying witch to rid the world of vampires.

The three siblings had a dinner party for a hunter.

Hendrick asked what they needed to do to succeed in that task, so Alexander explained that they had a secret weapon to destroy them.

While the brothers were mildly concerned about how the word of vampires was spreading across the lands, they believed themselves to be safe from suspicion, thanks to their daylight rings.

However, later that night, Alexander and his brothers made a move against the Originals by daggering them all with an enchanted silver dagger dipped in the ash of the burned down White Oaktree.

Fortunately for them, the dagger didn't work on Klaus nor the twins, because they all were half-werewolf, so they were left unharmed and able to kill the hunters before undaggering his siblings (except for Finn, and Hendrick whom he left daggered, because as Klaus believed Finn was judgmental and didn't like him, and the twins left Hendrick daggered because his lover was killed, so Hendrick ask to stay daggered and the twins granted him that wish.)