two | ❝stephen strange❞

chapter two : stephen strange !

"EARTH-616: AN ALTERNATE
DIMENSION SIMILAR TO
OUR OWN..."

it was at the late hour of 11pm when stephen strange heard the noisy rapid knocking on the sanctuary's wooden doors, the sorcerer failing to close them in time as the super teens ran inside.

his many many attempts to get them to leave failed and he now found himself with them in the expansive library, the ceiling illuminated with stars. lines connected various clusters of them, the sections enlarged as stephen explained the-

"the multiverse?" y/n asked, "so... there could be a hotter version of me in a different reality?"

peter rolled his eyes and collapsed further into his cushioned chair with a yawn. "we find out there's an actual multiverse and that's the first thing you ask?"

strange stared at y/n unamused and tired, the sorcerer attempting to rub the fatigue out of his eyes before he continued.

"i was informed that quentin beck had told you about a multiverse in venice? what did he say about that?"

"the 'elementals' had come from a different universe- blah blah blah, oh no, his 'wife' died! oops, 'twas was all a lie," y/n said sarcastically, "but let's not talk about the europe trip, that was the worst week of my life."

"same... lol," peter weakly added.

stephen nodded and directed the teens attention back to the illuminated ceiling, one of the clusters eventually taking up the whole space.

it kept zooming and zooming until they could see earth, the planet identical to their own - only it wasn't theirs.

"earth-616 is home to individuals like you and i," strange explained, "only, differences in the timeline of that world have altered their reality resulting in it not being an exact carbon copy - this is because of the prevalent presence of gods, magic, and the eternals."

"okay, this shit sounds cool as hell but i want to know more about the heroes on there? do they have an... avengers maybe?" y/n asked impatiently.

stephen relaxed his arms, the illusions above disappearing as he eyed the teens suspiciously.

"peter, i can trust you," strange said ignoring y/n as she flipped him off, "tell me why you're so interested in the multiverse."

parker shuffled uncomfortably in his seat, y/n and stephen's gaze glued on him as he came up with a response.

"homework?"

the sorcerer sighed impatiently, his hand massaging the bridge of his nose as stark laughed at peter's terrible coverup.

"you realise i got that notification from nick fury too, right?" strange said, "you're trying to assemble some sort of multi-dimensional team aren't you?"

y/n scoffed weakly and crossed her arms, sinking into her chair.

"we aren't planning on doing that, tell him peter- wait don't, you're a bad liar-"

"i think it's a crazy idea," stephen admitted, "but... it can work. look, mysterio's fib about the elementals wasn't a complete lie. he's trying to bring them back."

"ew, i hate him," peter groaned, "wait- did you just say our idea is good?"

stephen nodded and got into a stance peter and y/n were extremely familiar with. the man's arms were outstretched, his left hand stationary as the other moved in a circular motion.

soon an orange circle of light was created, stephen's form now hidden behind the opening in space and time. y/n's eyes widened as she stared at the setting ahead of them.

"ooo, who's that cute guy?"

"y/n!" peter called out annoyed, "you can't just- that's not-"

he gave up and crossed his arms with a huff but but the wonder he shared with y/n heavily outweighed the childish jealousy he felt.

the portal opening showed the inside of the stark tower, a tall teen with dark hair flipping pancakes whilst casually conversing with a... blonde hulk.

strange spoke up, "i'm giving you guys an hour to talk to these guys. you can't bring them here but you can get info on their earth-199999 counterparts. good luck!"

before y/n and peter could protest, stephen pushed the opening forward and the teens felt themselves fall into the alternate dimension.