Chapter 119

Chapter 119 - "These are... the clothes from last time. They have been laundered." (3)

Hotpot was the perfect food for winter. A few people sitting around the table with hot soup and fresh ingredients. The chilliness of winter was gone in no time.

Half way through eating, all of them started breaking out in sweats on their foreheads. Jiang MingYuan took off his jacket and put in over the back of the chair. He then unbuttoned his cuffs and rolled the sleeves up a couple of times, showing off his aerodynamic lower arms.

Cheng Huan, too, had taken her jacket off and pushed up the sleeves of her sweater. She and Jiang MingYuan was sitting fairly close to each other and would brush up against each other from time to time. That wasn't obvious when they had their jackets on, but now that the jackets had came off, the bodily contact was very noticeable.

An egg dumpling was dropped inside of her bowl and their chopsticks touched each other's. Cheng Huan paused a little in her motion, scooted over a little bit, and started bossing Jiang MingYuan around. "Go take XingXing's jacket off."

The little kiddo was very hot too and sweats were forming over his nose. Hear what Cheng Huan had just said, he finally looked up, put his spoon down, reached out his arms and said, "Daddy, take my clothes off."

Jiang MingYuan stood up and helped XingXing took off his jacket. He then reached and touched XingXing's back and noticed that he had been sweating and drenched his clothes. Jiang MingYuan removed his hand, sat back down, and said to Cheng Huan. "His clothes are wet. He'll need a bath after dinner."

As soon as he said bath, Cheng Huan immediately recalled the other day and the "it's one size too small" started replaying in her head all over again.

Her ears, hiding by her hair, started to burn. Cheng Huan focused on eating with her head lowered and only said after a long while, "I'll bath him."

She heard another light chuckle.

With Jiang MingYuan joining them for dinner, all the ingredients that was too much for Cheng Huan and XingXing were all gone. All three of them were a little bit stuffed.

Cheng Huan stood up and brought XingXing to the bathroom.

She was experienced at it and XingXing dared not mess around with her. The bath took only a little bit over 10 minutes.

She had the little kiddo put on his new panda pajama that she had bought him just a few days ago. The pajama was fuzzy with black limbs and the middle portion was white. There were panda gloves attached at the cuffs and also a little tail behind his butt. There were also two large Mickey Mouse ears on the hood.

After XingXing had been clothed and has his shoes put on, Cheng Huan opened up the door and took XingXing to blow dry his hair. Once his hair was dried and his hood was put on, only his little face was exposed and he looked incredibly cute.

This was the first time XingXing put on this sleepwear and it was exactly like how Cheng Huan had imaged it! Cheng Huan was moved by his cuteness. She squatted down, dragged him into her arms, and kissed him repeatedly. "How are you so cute, baby?"

XingXing giggled like a little fool and also kissed her back with his little lips. "Mommy is cute too."

Pinching his little cheek, Cheng Huan said, "Mommy's not cute. Mommy is pretty."

The little kiddo changed his tone immediately. "Mommy is pretty!"

"That's right."

The mother and son duo clung to each other for a while, kissing each other back and forth, before the third wheel in the house finally came and interrupted them.

Jiang MingYuan had finished doing dishes and dried his hands. He had been standing outside the bathroom for a long time and, see that neither one of them noticed that he was standing there, finally had to interrupt. "I have bought you two some presents. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes!" Before Cheng Huan had even said a word, XingXing rejoiced and ran over. "Where's the presents, Daddy?"

"Come over here." Jiang MingYuan took him over to the living room and pulled something out of one of the bags. It was the latest garage kit figure of the superhero. All of the joints were bendable along with all sorts of weapons. XingXing refused to put it down once he had it in his hands.

After giving XingXing his gift, Jiang MingYuan picked up another paper bag and pulled up a blue gift box with a ribbon over it. He stood up and handed the box over to Cheng Huan. "This is for you."

Cheng Huan opened up the box and it was a thin bracelet that resembled vines with a few green leaves.

"I bought this specifically for you. It's not very pricey." Probably worried that she'd decline, Jiang MingYuan quickly added.

Most women like pretty jewelries, including Cheng Huan. She looked at the bracelet inside of the box, thought about it for a little bit, and finally accepted it. "Thank you."

Jiang MingYuan came over with three bags. There was still one more after the presents for the two of them. After accepting the gift, Cheng Huan pointed at the last box and asked, "What's that?"

"That is... the clothes that you bought last time." Jiang MingYuan looked away and said, facing the wall, "I thought I'd bring them back after they have been laundered."