Reason 22 || Melissa ||

Dedicated to @mychemicalnomance for being an amazing person that loves fall out boy.

Goal: 400 reads, 40 votes, 50 comments (HOW DO YOU GET THE GOAL IN 20 HOURS??)

Song for the Reason: Break Free by Ariana Grande

Stories: Advice Column is published go check it out!

Threads: In dire need of a minimalistic cover? I'm your girl. I'll comment it and put it in the external link!

Note: Trigger warning.

 Reason 22 || Melissa ||

I'm not sure if you remember me. 

You went to school with me for about two weeks then left.

Some people said it was because you were expelled, some said you were a spy. I told them that they were stupid.

But the thought about you being expelled, seemed pretty realistic. I guess I just went a long with the rumors, not the spy ones though.

Well, this letter could be short or it could be long, I never know. But let's start.

The week you came, we had a project in art. It was a partner project.

What a hell of a time it was.

It was the first day you came here and I remember seeing you.

You had bright red lipstick and a black choker, I remember what a fake groupie.

But you were different.

You walked up to me after we had been assigned partners and told me that we were going to your house after school.

You see this project wasn't any old project. It was the utmost cliche project. We had to sketch and create a poster about the opposite person.

So, if this was a story like on Wattpad about two opposing characters, then this would be a love story. But this isn't. This is a sad story. 

So I went to your house and you took me to your room.

It was black with posters plastered all up on the walls.You took me to a little corner in your bedroom.

You pulled out this item wrapped up in a cloth. It was concealed so well, I'm sure you had hidden stuff so well so many times.

When you opened the item, I looked at it. It was something I was familar with but didn't like to show any expression about it.

It was a blade.

You looked at me with an expecting look like a drug dealer waiting for me to choose something.

You frowned after I didn't take anything and said,"I saw your cuts on your wrists and assumed you wanted to-"

I cut you off. I didn't need to hear what you assumed, because it was probably bull shit.

Did I want to have a fun playdate where we cut each others wrists? No.

I looked at you for the final time and said, "I like Fall Out Boy, my phone, wifi, my computer, and american horror story. Goodbye."

Before I could leave, you grabbed my wrist and grabbed a blade and sliced me skin with it.

To this day, there is still a big scar there. It hurts everytime I look at it.

The next day, we presented out posters.

I put a knife on there with blood dripping from it. I didn't say the original meaning. I just said that you really liked horror movies but you knew what I meant.

You put a wrist with a big fat scar in the middle of it. It was my wrist. I knew it. You allowed the whole class to see me vulnerabilities in just one piece of art.

You, Melissa, you put two marks on me. Two permanent marks. 

I was ready to break free from this life that you let me have because guess what the kids aren't alright.

You put those marks on me and killed me, Melissa.

Sincerely,

Cath the Piece of Art