- Colossians 3:13 NLT -

Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

🔸We cannot deny the fact that we sometimes hurt the people that surround us may it be intentional or unintentional. We can clearly see that we are not made perfect. That is why, our message for today is to forgive and forget.

Just as it says, the one who truly forgives is the one who can forget. Though it doesn't mean that as we forgive, we will also forget the lesson we gain through that experience.

Therefore, as we walk a life that is free from hatred, we must forget the lapses of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. We must forgive just as the Lord forgave us.

The Lord never sees us the way we are used to after we ask forgiveness, so who are we to hold grudges to our fellow brothers and sisters. If the Lord forgives and accepts us unconditionally, then we must also.

As I end, may we imbibe within our heart, mind and soul to truly forgive, forget and make allowances to those who have hurt us.

Prayer:
Lord, we pray to you O God, thank you for all the things that you have done for us. Lord, even at tough times where we are hurt, thank you for staying always beside us. Lord in any kind of situation, help us to live a life like Jesus where hatred will not foster within us. In your name O God, help us to be more patient, enduring and most importantly to be able to make allowances to those who hurt us. Lord, it's not easy to forget but in you O God, we believe that we can conquer anything. That is why we ask for your guidance so we may live a life that is free from negativity. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

- Eunice Grace (12/16/20)