Chapter Four - Longing and Worry

Molly’s POV

Something inside me was burning and itching as I waited. I don’t know exactly what I was waiting for but I felt like I was going insane. My heartbeat picked up anxiously and my hands twitched. Could this get any worse? It felt wrong to feel this way when my best friend was now dead. I sucked in a deep breath and waited. Every since yesterday, when I woke up, I felt this longingness deep within me.

I closed my eyes remembering the deep brown eyes as they pierced into mine. The way his light brown hair barely touched his his eyebrows. I shivered and had to bite back a smile as I thought of his toned chest, the way he stood with such confidence. His jaw was tense in an angular way that made him all the more sexy. Whoa wait....sexy? Did I just think that? I don’t even know him.

I shook my head, opening my eyes just as my room door opened and my doctor came in.

“Hello Ms. Peterson.” He greeted with a smile. I nodded in acknowledgement but said nothing. “Are you ready for your first round of chemo today?” I shrugged and nodded to show my indifference, but truthfully I was scared out of my wits. I was told yesterday about my disease and how it was growing quickly, quickly enough that the doctors weren’t sure just how long I had left. They estimated roughly three months, three months I had to endure radiation therapy and chemo. I wanted to tell them to forget it, but then I saw my parents. I was their only child, and I couldn’t imagine what this was doing to them. So I’d  fight, for them only, even though with everything in me just wanted to be with my best friend. I still can’t believe she’s dead.

Later that day my body ached in pain. I had two new needles in my arms making me shudder in pain as they pricked my skin. Ugh, I hate needles, there is no way I’ll be able to make it three months of this. Everything hurt and I want to sleep but my mom kept going on and on about this house that they suddenly bought for us, or more like the hospital bought for us,from what I was told.

“You’ll love it baby. It has the cutest porch over looking a little lake.” She cooed grabbing my hand.

I managed a smile and a nod, to which she sighed, “I know you miss Shay but you can’t live in the past. You have to fight through this, you have to be strong.” She told me with tears coming down her face. “She’d want you to fight.”

Now tears were coming down my face. She was right, of course, Shayla would be so disappointed in me if I didn’t fight my way through this. I couldn’t give up. She’d want me to live life just like I’d want her too if roles were reversed. I nodded wiping away my tears, while my heart rate picked up in anticipation and my body began to hum as the pain began to slowly subside.  

Something weird was happening and I waited impatiently as I looked at the door. Slowly it opened to reveal the guy from yesterday but today there were dark circles forming around his eyes. Instantly his eyes raked over my body, checking carefully before they narrowed in on the two new needles in my arm. His eyes harden slightly before they moved up to met mine and they softened.

“You!” My mother exclaimed smiling like crazy at him, “You’re the nice fellow who got us the house.”

He blushed looking shyly at her, “Uh, it was nothing.”

“Nothing!” She looked shocked, “you found us thee perfect house. Molly loves nature. The woods and lake around the house will make her so happy.”

I watched as his eyes snapped to mine, looking slightly happier, “Than it was my pleasure.” He nodded to me, smiling a little.

I blushed averting my gaze. Why is he doing this? He’s making everything complicated.

William’s POV

She was beautiful. And the fact that she was human made her that much special to me. Human’s had all these things to be afraid of, while us werewolves only had a few. Like Hunters and silver. We didn’t have disease's, illness or sickness. We were incensed, perfect, to a degree. We got hurt and  died like normal, when our time came or unexpectedly when one of the hunter’s attacked. But we didn’t fear them really because of our pack sizes. We had from anywhere to fifty to two hundred in one general area. Sometimes they made up whole towns. Our being no different was, in fact, one of the whole town deals.

So you can imagine the surprise that rippled through the town when the humans found a house that they were going to live permanently. One of the reasons I gave them one of the Alpha’s safe houses was because no one else was going to do it and I couldn’t stand  the thought of them going to another hospital far away from here.

“Liam!” Poppy growled as I walked through the door to the house. “Where were you? My ballet recital was today and in case you didn’t notice you missed it!”
Shit, I cursed myself. How could I forget? This is the one thing that makes my sister happy at the moment and all she ever talks about. I shook my head, “Shit sorry Pops. It must have slipped my mind.” I apologize. All I’ve been think about is Molly. Why was she in the hospital? Why were the doctors being all secretive about her? Why does she look sick and fragile?

“That’s no excuse.” She huffed crossing her arms, “Mom video taped it if you want to watch it.”

I sighed nodding, “Thanks Poppy. I just had...a thing.” I yawned patting her head as I passed her making my way up the stairs.

“What thing?” She asked following behind me. “Was it a girl? Did you blow me off for a fling?” She asked sounding disgusted.

“No!” I turned around the face her. Anger practically shooting out of me at the mention of Molly being just a fling. She was more, so much more. “She’s not I fling.”

Poopy flinched, shrinking back in fear but a smile making her way across her face. “You found your mate.”

“Shh.” I cut her off, glaring. I didn’t want anyone knowing, not yet. “Not so loud.”

“What? Why not?” She asked looking confused.

“I haven’t exactly told anyone yet.” I  whispered looking around to make sure no one heard us.

“I’m the first?” She squealed in delight.

I rolled my eyes, “yeah, you are.” She doesn’t even know, I added mentally. How was I going to tell her about me? About us?

I sighed, just add that to the list of things I was going to worry about.

Okay, short, I know. I also know that nothing is really happening yet, but it will. Trust me..:) Thoughts?

And yes, I will be making the chapters long because I feel like there too short....You?