your family doesn't like him - jace norman

Tonight, Jace is coming over to meet my family, which I'm super worried about. My family has never liked my past boyfriends. But I'm sure they'll like Jace. I mean, he's so sweet and he really does care about me. 

The doorbell rings, and I see my mother roll her eyes. I ignore it and go to open the door. Jace stood there with roses in his hand, and dressed in a nice shirt. 

"Hey." I smile, giving him a hug. 

"Hey." He hugged me back. I let him in and brought him to the kitchen. 

"Mrs. L/N, it's nice to meet you. I brought you these." He said, handing the roses to her. She just took them and brought them to a vase, not saying anything to him. I give him a sincere look and we head to the living room. 

"Dad, this is Jace." I introduce him, and my father stands up. 

"So, you're dating my daughter." He said walking up to him. 

"Yes, sir." He said putting his hand out to shake. My father shakes his hand, but then walks away to the kitchen. 

Jace pulls me aside to another room. 

"I don't think I can do this. They already hate me." He whispered. 

"They'll warm up to you at dinner. It's okay." I smile, kissing his cheek. He nods and I pull him back into the kitchen. 

"Dinner will be done shortly." My mother said in a monotone voice. I nod, and we sit at the counter on the barstools. 

After an awkward conversation later, dinner was finally done and we all sat down at the dining room table. 

"So, Jace. Y/N tells me you're an actor." My father said taking a bite of his salad. 

"Um, yeah. I'm an actor for Nickelodeon. I act on a show called Henry Danger." Jace smiled. I knew that he always loved talking about his job. 

"Never liked actors." My father mumbled, and I knew that Jace heard it. 

"He's super talented. If you watched him act, you would see." I explain, looking at Jace and then my parents. 

"Do you plan to act forever?" My mother asks, with a raised eyebrow. I look at my food and then at Jace. 

"I mean hopefully. I've also been thinking about being an entrepreneur." Jace said and she nods. 

Dinner was finally over, and I walked Jace outside.

"Hey, you did great." I smile grabbing his hands. 

"They really don't like me Y/N." He sighed looking down at our hands. 

"Listen, who cares what they think? I like you, and that's all that matters." I say, and he looks back up at me. 

He leans in, kissing me softly. I kiss back, holding onto him. Then, the outside lights began to flicker, making us pull apart. I sigh looking at the door. 

"That's my cue. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I hug him. He nods and I watch him walk away to his car. 

— — — — — — —

 "Just let me go out with Jace." I explain to my family, leaning on the kitchen counter. 

"No, we told you that we don't want you dating that boy. He's just another one of those spoiled actors, and I will have my daughter go around hanging out with him." My mother said sternly, putting a dish into the cabinet. 

"But if you would just get to know him..."

"We don't want to hear anymore of this Y/N. You are going to stay away from him and that is final." My father cut me off. 

"And what if I don't hm? Then what?" I ask crossing my arms.

A few months ago, I met Jace at a small coffee shop in Los Angeles. I accidentally spilt my coffee by bumping into him, which led to him getting me a new coffee, and us talking afterwards. Then, he asked for my number, and we've been hanging out ever since. 

It wasn't until two months ago that Jace told me his feelings for me, and me doing the same. I finally told my parents about him, which led to them already hating him for being an actor, and somewhat famous. 

They say all celebrities are the same. They don't care about anyone but themselves, and that I was going to get hurt by him. They also said he was too old for me because I was eighteen, and Jace was almost twenty. But they're wrong. 

Jace has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. For once in my life, I was finally happy. And I'll say it cause I'm confident enough to say it, but I loved Jace, and he felt the same way. 

"Then you can leave. We will not tolerate our daughter going against us, when we're just trying to protect you." My mother said. 

"You would kick me out for dating Jace?" I ask and they both nod. "Are you two insane?" 

"We don't want you dating him, so yes, we would." My mother adds. I just stand there, looking at them. 

"I love him."

"What?" My mother shakes her head, giving me a look. 

"I said I love him." I repeat. 

"Get out of my house. Now." I run up the stairs and grab my suitcase. I pull out my phone, dialing Jace. 

"Hey baby, what's up?" I hear his voice over the phone. "Hey, woah, why are you crying?"

"My parents are kicking me out." I whimper, packing my stuff quickly. 

"What, why?" He asks in a worried tone. 

"Cause they don't accept us together. God Jace, where do I go? What do I do?" I ask crying into my hand. 

"Y/N, you can come stay with me. It's not much." He explained.

"Really Jace? You'd do that?" I ask him sniffling. 

"Yes. I'll be there in a few minutes." He hangs up the phone, and I continue to pack the things that were important. 

I finish packing and I get the text that he is here. Grabbing my suitcase and bags of my stuff, I walk down the stairs to see my parents standing there. 

"This is your last chance." My mother said with a disappointed look. 

I look at them and scoff. I open the front door, leaving without saying anything. Who were they to tell me who I could and couldn't be with?

I get to Jace's car, putting my stuff in the backseat, and hopping into the passenger side. I look at Jace, and he has a small smile on his face. 

"Are you sure about this Y/N?" He said grabbing my hand that was placed on my lap. I wipe my tears and nod. 

"You're worth it Jace. I love you, and if they can't accept that, then I don't want to be in a house with people who don't support me." I say. He nods, backing out of the driveway and towards his place. 

I look out the window, watching the car leave the place I grew up. I don't know if they'll ever forgive me for this. 

We get to his place, which was a small one room apartment. He helps me with my stuff and carried it in. We walk in and I instantly see Henry. I smile, petting him as he gets excited to see me.

"It's not much." He said closing the door. 

"As long as I get to see you, I don't care where I live." I answer him, walking away from Henry and towards him. 

"Again, are you sure about this Y/N? You can still go back." He said grabbing my waist. 

"No way am I going back there. I can't lose you because of them." I say looking into his eyes. 

He smiles, placing a kiss on my forehead. 

"Good, cause I can't lose you either. You're one of the best things that's ever happened to me, and not being able to see you would drive me insane." He says, pulling me into a hug.