learningtowaltz

y'all know what this means: YULE BALL IS AROUND THE CORNER AHHAHAHAHA

okay but for real, i am soooooo excited to write these next few chapters, there will be new twists, new character, (new povs?) and possibly the reveal of the long awaited secret-

WHAT IS AMOS HIDING??

enough of me lets get to the good stuff...

pov of daisy diggory
Monday, at lunch, our head of houses requested for us to gather in some small ball room- like classroom after we finish our academic classes. I thought this was quite odd, but no one else seemed to suspect anything.

"Do you have any clue what's going on?" I asked Bryan on my way to the meeting. He looks at me and raises his eyebrow.

"Daisy May Diggory? Confused? Never!" he jokes, then diverts his attention to in front of him.

"How do you know my middle name?" I sneer.

"I know everything."

"Do you now, then tell me what's going on!"

"Yule Ball practice, of course!"

Oh my god I had forgotten the ball even existed, and the fact that it takes place on Christmas Day. This ruins all my plans!

"Oh, I knew that."

We continue our path to the meeting place, and nearly all of the students were already there. Cedric was one of him.

His wounds were healing nicely, but I've noticed he still limps a bit. I run up and slide into a seat next to Cedric, while Bryan and his girlfriend Scarlett sit to my left.

"Made it just in time Mrs. Diggory and Mr. Miracle," Professor Sprout sings as the room quiets down. "I'm sorry to inform you, but I must have girls on one side, and boys on the other." I look to Cedric and he does a shoo motion. I must've been completely blind, Scarlett and I were the only girls on this side of the room. We both stand up and squeeze into a seat in the back of the stands on the opposite side of the room.

"There we go. Now that I have your attention, I would like to inform you about an event occurring on Christmas day, the Yule Ball. As the representatives of your school, I will expect outstanding behavior from all of you. I am able to inform you that the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance," chatter fills the room with her announcement.

I notice Bryan and Scarlett grinning at each other. Only if Draco was a Hufflepuff...

"Silence, please quiet down... much better. Inside every young boy and girl, you all have an inner swan, or cat, awaiting the right moment to break free. Of course, there's no better way to break free than to, well, practice. Bryan," Bryan's eyes widen like a deer in the headlights, "will you do the honors of joining me?"

Bryan slightly laughs but then takes her hand, "My pleasure," he says in a mocking deep voice. Professor Sprout leads him to the middle of the room and he turns to Scarlett mouthing Help me.

"Now Mr. Miracle, please place your hand on my waist," Sprout smiles.

"Y-your waist?"

"Yes, no questions asked."

Bryan lets out a sigh and places his hand on her waist. Filch was standing by a ginormous record player, and puts the needle onto the vinyl. The classical music starts playing.

Professor Sprout starts saying, "One two three, one two three, one two..." but Bryan doesn't need it. His dancing is natural- effortless. "Where did you learn to dance?" Sprout asks.