αℓяιgнт then...-15

тнιѕ is all a very interesting experience, but I don't think that I can handle it much longer.

тнє dresses? They were all right at first, but I miss the comfort my old pair of skinny jeans provided.

тнє way everyone talks? My literature teacher would be proud, but I think that its having a bad side effect.

тнє people? They're too self-centered, and mostly consist of down right haters.

тнє food? Strictly amazing, but contains foreign ingredients.

тнє location? Couldn't possibly be worse. I'm not seeing this place as a home, I can't navigate it, and nobody seems to really like me. Well except the servants, maids, Ivan, and Evangeline. I just don't click with anyone else. Perhaps I'm somewhat anti-social, but I doubt that. I think that everyone else just doesn't understand the meaning behind my words, and I don't think that I understand them any better.

A few long, boring days past by, each more depressing than the last. My faith and hope was eroding. The palace looks like the most incredible place on Earth..well Ourne actually, but that's not the point. This looked like the type of place where dreams can be a reality, but it actually ends up slowly eating mine away.

I try to talk to some of the girls here, but its hard to make friends if you don't care about the topic of their conversations. They babble endlessly about Sir William, how rich they are, how expensive their crap is, what they're going to do once they get married to William, and other nonsense that is so dumb that I cannot even mention.

Helga reminded me that the ball was only a few nights away, and that I might be able to see Michael again. She really supports me, although technically, she shouldn't. There is probably some rule about that, but Helga is a sucker for love. She's been looking for the one since she could talk. As you might've already concluded, she still remains utterly single. Just like me. We take pride in our virginity, solitude, and in flying solo. Although..it does suck sometimes, I must admit.

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner always seems to drag on for eternity. As soon as I sit down, I yearn to take my plate, get back up, and eat the room. Everyone looks so picture perfect, and happy while eating. I can only imagine how I fit.

Sometimes I even wish Loretta was here to cause some drama. Make something interesting. This is as low as I allowed myself to go, but I'm pretty sure that I'd already hit rock bottom. Spending my time here was boring. It hurt to think that everyone in the Human World probably thought that I was dead by now.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Early one morning I heard a sharp knock on my door. I forced my eyes to open, and my body to leave the comfort and heat of the warm blankets. My hand reached for the door knob, twisted, and pulled. I saw two figures in my doorway. Chadwick with an empty face, and Helga with a small smile. I pressed my lips together, and rocked back on my heels. Chadwick cleared his throat, and spoke quickly. "The King and Queen have requested to see you as soon as possible." His thin lips touched again, and he left gracefully without hearing my small gasp, or "thank you".

Helga stepped inside, and I let out a sigh. "Alright then. Prepare me to see his and her majesty."

I ended up wearing a dark green dress with white cuffs, and a tight waist. Helga spent longer than necessary on my hair, and then announced me as ready to go. I asked if she could lead the way, and she gave me a small nod.