[36] First kiss

Scarlett

Scarlett

"Did you guys take a shower at the washroom cause you both took like some freaking 20 minutes. " Xavier said irritatingly. His brows pulled together and glabellar lines drawn on his forehead.

I frowned unable to understand the real reason behind his exasperated mood.

"Someone's on that time of the month! " Norah joked making me burst out laughing. I waited for Xavier to join us but NO he just stared down at us with his brow raised which was like asking 'really?! '

"Hahah very funny. Now if you both are done with laughing can we go and practice?! " Xavier grasped Norah wrist and pulled her on stage.

"Why is he so pissed?! " I muttered under my breath while placing my bag on the nearby bench and keenly observing Xavier's not-so-good mood.

Throughout the practice Xavier was vexed, he would yell at Norah even if he was the one who didn't catch the verses or the steps.

"What's up with him?! " Damon whispered looking at me. I shrugged shaking my head.

"What the hell! " Xavier snapped at norah jerking away from her. All the heads snapped in their directions. What's going on in his mind?

"Xavier, Can you be a little low... Everyone is watching us " Norah stated looking around.

"I don't freaking care! " He clenched his jaws raking finger through his hair.

"That's enough Xavier. You've been snapping at her from past few minutes. What's up with you man? " Damon stepped in between Norah and Xavier.

"And who are you to speak in between me and my girlfriend? " Xavier roared making me halt in my track. I gulped looking away.

"Oh yeah! Alright. Now I won't speak in between you and your girlfriend." Damon finger quoted ' your girlfriend '
"Let's go Scarlett " Damon stressed my name making Xavier snap his head in my direction.

Xavier closed his eyes huffing out air, "Don't Damon... Not now " Xavier said with his clenched jaws.

Damon was about to tell something but he was cut off with the sound of phone ringing.
Norah picked her phone and with every passing second she turned pale. She held her phone so firmly that I could see her knuckles turning white.

Without uttering a word she disconnected the call and looked at Xavier and whispered, "I didn't knew they were here... "

"What?! You weren't the one who called them? " Xavier furrowed his brows taking a step closer to her.

"No , I need to go... We need to go. " Norah spoke grasping Xavier's wrist.

What's going on?

"You go first, I will come later. " Xavier announced turning around while messaging his forehead with his thumb and index finger.

"Guys what's going on?! " Damon finally broke the nerve wrecking silence and suspense atmosphere.

"You will get to know! " with that norah pulled Damon out along with her.

Everyone around walked out after the trainee announced that it's a wrap for today.

I took miniature and calculated steps towards Xavier who was now facing the ceiling with his eyes closed.

"Hey, you okay?! " I ask, placing my hand on his shoulder.

He turned around to face me, his eyes laced with discomfort, "I don't know Scar... When I - I am so close to solving this so called love angle between all four of us — " He paused looking straight into my eyes. Running his tongue over his lower lip he leaned closed to me and placed his forehead against mine, "I always end up hurting you... " His voice dropped to half an octave.

I pull away and look at him, "No Xavier, you hurt me only once and that's because you had reason and it's long forgotten. "

His lips lifted up slightly , he trailed my cheek bone with his index finger lightly while his thumb caressed my cheek. He gazed straight into my eyes as if he was trying to drink me all in together. My breath caught in my throat when I perceived the heat crammed in his eyes.

He raked his finger slowly through my hair in a sooting touch ; he kept tousling my hair making me gulp the lump formed in my throat.

"You've any idea how much I want to kiss you right now, " He whispered taking a step closer to me while his fingers grazed towards the back of my neck making me pant with my eyes closed as the rush of emotions probed me.

"Xavier " I utter with a feeble voice. My heart beat was so erratic that I was clearly able to hear it.
"I shouldn't right?! " He asked scanning my eyes for answer while he stepped more closer into my personal space and his minty breath was making it impossible for me to think anything.

Heat rose from my stomach till my chest when his lips were descending closer to mine. Xavier snakes his hand around my waist and pulled me more closer to him.

My heart skipped a beat when his lips brushed against mine lightly , the smell of him hypnotic beyond reason. He lightly placed his lips on mine making me intake a deep breath.

His lips feels so soft and delicate but I'm so starstuck right now that I don't know what to do.
Holy Mother of...

Xavier is freaking kissing me. My eyes jump from his lips to his eyes which were closed. As he continues to slowly move his lips against mine, everything feels good and so very right. He shoves his tongue into my mouth so slowly almost making me moun as he continues exploring the new found territory.

Heats crawls into my face when I realise I'm kissing him. Christ...I'm blushing and I could feel him smiling while kissing.

The kiss was so unexpected, long and demonically passionate.

When we pulled apart, everything inside me was in chaos. I very well knew I was flushed. A small smile touched his lips and it was so breathtaking that I found myself drawing towards him.

Now what? I mean how do I react? I avert my eyes here and there not knowing what to say next.

Xavier pulled me into his embrace with his lips pressed on my head.

"Norah and my parents are here. They are here for some reason and my gut feeling says it isn't going to be something pleasant... " Xavier sighed while holding me tightly against his chest. As much I would love to lose myself in his fresh and intoxicating scent, I felt breathless, my hand shaking slightly as I held his shirt firmly.

"I don't know how Norah is going to react when I tell her the truth. I can't do this anymore scar... I just can't stay away from you. I tried to stay away from you for freaking one year. Not to think about you but I can't do this. I won't be able to give the happiness Norah deserves cause my mind and my heart is clouded with only your thoughts... " He confessed making me stunned. My hands were limp against his chest, his confession made me light headed.

He pressed his cool lips delicately on my forehead.

I couldn't control my crazy heartbeat and the flutters within.

❤...

A/N : Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter... To all my silent readers, please do press the star button , it will motivate me to write more! ✨