Out of My Element

"Okay....so, those are my two options?"

A-chan nodded as Yagoo stood behind, or Mister Tanigo but I looked Yagoo. Short, rolled off the tongue, sounded funny. They had just laid out two options in front of me, literally, in the form of two documents. One was about Yagoo's company, Hololive, wanting to have ke work for them as a "Virtual YouTuber," whatever the hell that meant. And the other was a bit more scary. A document of the city's police department wanting to investigate how I obtained a M1918 Thompson Submachine Gun.

Damn. These guys really don't mess around huh? Wait a second. Looking around the room, I looked at the beeping box that had a tube running to my forearm that turned into a needle slidin' into my arm. Something was off. Way off now that I thought about it.

"You make it sound like I don't have a choice..."

"But you do! You join us, you get to avoid jail time and investigators poking into your past! And the other is, well, the other!....Okay, I can see why you think that."

Yagoo sounded both excited and anxious like someone hopped up on crown. A-chan soon stepped in with a rather more formal response.

"Although it's true it's one sided, you and I know for a fact you rather work than jail time, (Y/N)."

Hearing her say my name so bluntly, I immediately grabbed her shoulder and glared at her.

"I don't recall givin' ya my name, A. So, how the hell did you get it?"

A-Chan seemed a bit taken back a bit as even Yagoo went on the defensive. Grabbing my arm with a pretty good grip a homerunner had before A-chan slowly pushed his hand away. Giving him a reassurin' look as she spoke again.

"Times have changed. But medical records don't. So, do you accept or no?"

Groaning softly, I looked her and Yagoo in the eyes.

Some hour and a half later, I was following the two out the back of the hospital. Doc' checked me out, gave me some meds and I even took a lollipop out from a jar. Opening the bottle, I popped two painkillers into my mouth and swallowed 'em down with no drink. Something A-Chan cringed at slightly as Yagoo seemed to gain a glimmer of excitement.

However, now it was my time to react when we walked out into broad daylight. My mouth goin' wide open as I looked around the city. Everything was so...different. Small apartments were now huge ones and those small little business towers were now so tall, they pierced the sky.

"We...have a lot of catching up to do..."

Was all A-Chan could say to Yagoo as she saw my face. After a short walk, we arrived at what seemed to be a rather familiar sight that made me feel right at home. Why? Cus' I used to drive Don around in this thing when he asked me to chauffeur for him. A black Chrysler Imperial.

As I saw it, my face turned into a grin as I took my fedora off my head and walked up to the car. Casually patting the roof of the badass limo with my hat.

"You guys shouldn't have~ But ya did. Boy, is this yours, Yagoo?"

Turning to him with my same grin, he began to chuckle sheepishly as I tilted my head. Looking to A-Chan she seemed a bit nervous.

"Actually...it's rented. Finding cars like these are now super hard...and expensive..."

"Oh....well still! Just look at this sexy thing~! Almost gives you a run for your money, A~"