six

hi ok am i doing something wrong? bc in the first 5 parts, there were 200+ comments but in the last update there were less than 100?

idk it just makes me sad bc reading your comments make my day/week/life.

ps, what do you think of the new cover? do you like the old one better or?

pps, i had (sort of) writer's block so this isn't really good i'M SORRY

ppps, ask me stuff on ask.fm @floriations [link on my profile]

-

"SOMEONE'S HERE FOR YOU," ESTELLE said through the small gap between the door and the doorframe as she peered her head into Ellie's room. Her brown hair was tied up in a loose ponytail, an apron tied around her neck, covered in flour. Ellie assumed she was making pancakes to try and alleviate Ellie's mood swings.

And no, Ellie was not on her period. Just because a girl was in a bad mood doesn't give someone the automatic right to say that they are on their period.

After the surgery, Ellie had skipped school for the rest of the week. She insisted to her parent that she was perfectly capable of going back, but they - especially her dad - was extra worried that someone else might knock another one of her teeth out. So, she obliged, but was extremely unhappy. Ellie stayed held up in her room, only coming out to eat or to go to the bathroom. In less than ninety-six hours, Ellie had watched all twenty of the Japanese animated movies created by her favourite film studio, and binged watched the entire three seasons of some random drama she saw on the television. Adding to that, she did none of the homework her mom had retrieved for her from school the day after her procedure.

"Is it Mag?" Ellie asked with hopeful eyes. Magnolia hadn't come over the last few days because of her deep phobia of blood. Ellie didn't mind though, she probably would do the same if Magnolia was in her situation. It was just how their friendship worked.

But now, it had been five days later and even Ellie would have to admit: she (kind of) missed her best friend.

"Yeah," Estelle laughed. "She's downstairs, I'll call her up."

Ellie straightened her posture, her back resting against her really annoying metal framed headboard, and set her laptop on the other side of her bed.

"Elle!" Mag exclaimed, closing the door behind her and striding towards the end of Ellie's bed. "Let me see your tooth."

Ellie rolled her eyes. No "hello", no "how are you" - none of the usual, typical greetings you would usually use when you haven't seen someone in ages. Of course Magnolia would skip on those slightly cliché greetings and just go for it. Multiple times, she called it "being blunt and going straight to the point".

"No." Ellie's hands immediately flew to cover her mouth as she shook her head. "It's embarrassing," she said, her voice muffled. Magnolia raised her brows, and Ellie knew that her best friend was going to wait there until Ellie showed her.

"Okay, fine." Ellie slowly uncovered her mouth. Her tongue ran over the tooth before pressing against the roof of her mouth.

"Wait, Elle." Magnolia tilted her head as she narrowed her eyes, trying to focus in on Ellie's tooth. Ellie looked away - anywhere but at Magnolia - her cheeks already flaring. "It's not the same color as your other teeth."

"I know," Ellie whimpered, turning over to bury her face into a pillow. Even though Magnolia was her friend and she's probably seen Ellie in worse conditions, Ellie still felt so ashamed of her tooth. "It's so ugly. I might as well have no tooth than a yellow one."