Typers of anxiety disorders

Anxiety is a perfectly normal part of life. Every one has it.  Anxiety is the body's natural response to danger, an alarm that goes off when you feel threatened, under pressure, or are facing a stressful situations. This happens due to the bodies result of the body's fight-or-flight response. But when your anxiety is too overwhelming and interferes with your everyday life, you may have a anxiety disorder.

Ask your self these questions:

•Are you constantly tense, worried, or on edge?
•Does your anxiety interfere with your work, school, or family responsibilities?
•Do you believe that something bad will happen if certain things aren't done a certain way?
•Do you avoid everyday situations or activities because they cause you anxiety?
•Do you experience sudden, unexpected attacks of heart-pounding panic?
•Do you feel like danger and catastrophe are around every corner?

If you said yes to 2 or more of the questions above, you might be dealing with an anxiety disorder, but which one? Continue reading and find out.

There are six major types of anxiety disorders which each have there own symptoms.

They are:
• Generalized anxiety disorder
• Phobia
• Social anxiety
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
• Panic disorder (anxiety attacks)

Because anxiety disorders are a group of related conditions rather than one disorder, they can look very different in different people. One person can suffer from intense anxiety attacks that strike without warning, while another gets panicky at the thought of mingling at a social even.

Despite their different forms, all anxiety disorders share one major symptom: persistent or severe fear or worry in situations where most people.

I'm writing a story on social phobia since I relate more to that, but since there is a lot more anxiety related disorders I decided to write this. Its just the gist of the disorders, if you relate or think you have one just look up more info on it and see a professional. I looked up signs/ symptoms and definitions because sadly I am not a dictionary or professional. Enjoy:)

-Kourtney