Chapter 6: Daddy's Daughter

Sneha over the terrace, speaking on the phone, "Daddy! Afternoon. What are you doing?". (Informal speech)

Dad: Thinking about you.

Sneha: Of course, you miss me.

Dad: Right now, it's more than just missing you, dear!

Sneha: I am already going through a lot. Everything is going to change, and I feel scared of that. Now you, too, say all kinds of weird stuff that I can't understand. Tears are rolling out, listening to your voice now.

Dad: Why would you cry? A lot of good is happening to you.

Sneha: Dad, you are speaking as if you know everything.

Dad: Yes, I know everything. Raj spoke to us. We are convinced. The path is all cleared for you. He made all the effort.

Sneha: (Uncomfortable) Dad, we are not having this conservation now. I am hanging up the phone.

Sneha is full-fledged crying now. She is very emotional. All her comfortable and perfect life with her parents rolled in front of her eyes. It's a big deal for her to pull another person into her sacred personal space and call him a family, call his family her family. Also, she even feels slight guilt over being rude to Raj all this while. She is impressed, he took over the responsibility to convince her family, and it's already done.

Raj's phone rang. "Raj, Sneha's dad here. Hey, she is crying. Go to her. My little girl is sensitive. Be compassionate to her. Raj worriedly searches for her in the garden, her room, balcony, and terrace. A hide-and-seek game's going on. He finally finds her hidden behind a small wall, silently crying. He sits beside her and asks, "Hey, how do you think I can see you crying."

Sneha looks at Raj with her puffy red eyes, tired of tearing up!

Sneha: Sorry. I taught you as a big idiot and behaved rudely to you in the starting. I feel guilty. Please, sorry, ok!

Raj: It was time for me to man up.

Sneha: I will miss Mom and Dad so much. I used to call them every day and several times a day. After you came and disturbed me, I stopped calling them regularly. After a long time, I called them today. Until I spoke to dad, I didn't even realize I missed him.

Raj: Want to blame me?

Sneha: Yes! Idiot. And, I, too, should not change my bonding with them just because I have you. I thought it would be quite a drama to bring up your topic. But you already sorted it off.

Raj: As said, it was time for me to man up. And I am not good at this Daughter- Daddy stuff; I was very nervous. But it was too easy. Your dad is super!

Sneha: How did you convince dad so easily? He said you didn't have a stable and settled life in the past. Now, what happened?

Raj: Partially, I kept myself away from you for the same reason: I'm not settled. Now, I am fine with my carrier; I love my work. But your dad just said one sentence, one impressive sentence.

Sneha: That, when sincere love is in the picture, nothing else should matter.

Raj: And my daughter is lucky; you can take her.

Sneha was still crying, and even more this time. "I am the idiot. I didn't think you had such matured thoughts. I only saw you as any other flirt I have seen to date. I am the Idiot here".

Nervously, he takes his hand to reach her hair and softly brushes through them to console her. "Hey, your anger is also genuine; although none of us did any wrong, it just turns up to be so."

After a few moments, Sneha gets up and says, "Every time I cry, it used to be Granny with me. Now it is you. There is already so much change that I don't want to accept."

Raj: Ok, so shall I bring Granny now?

Sneha: No need; it was supposed to be you this time. By the way, why did you come searching for me?

Raj: Your dad called.

Sneha again cried more, "Daddy, you sent Raj to console me. Daddy, who will take care of me like you. I always want to be with you".

Raj: Please, calm down. Now, what do you want me to do?

Sneha: I don't know.

Raj: I'm clueless. Come on, Sneha, now stop crying.

As the phone conservation ends between Sneha and her Dad (Rajeev), he has a significant emotional smile. He is looking at the wallpaper on his phone and kisses it saying, "My little princes, you have grown up so well. When did all this happen?" His wallpaper is the childhood picture of Sneha. While Rajeev is sitting on a wooden swing and feeling the pride of being Sneha's dad, Varu (Sneha's mom) is leaning on the swing, watching the same childhood picture, and says, "Did she agree? Do I get to decorate my doll as a bride?"

Rajeev: Hey, wait. I don't understand your hurry. She has not decided. She is crying over there. Oh no! She is crying. Let me call Raj.

Varu: My daughter is one drama queen. Just like you.

Rajeev: As if you didn't cry for days after marrying me?

Thanks for choosing this story. Please vote and comment as you like my works!