Chapter 25

HEYYYYY!READ THIS LIKE RIGHT NOW!

*So this is the last chapter of this book.You're probably like 'whaaaa?! you can't do that!' BUT,there will be an Epilogue coming so technically this is not the last last chapter.Do i even make sense now? I hope so.Believe me i'm so overwhelmed with this and i've been thinking of ways to end this in a proper way without much drama from the previous chapter and just focusing on Markson feels cause that is what this story is about after all :) I've also been practicing my writing lately and i hope you guys like it.

Enjoy!

________________________________

Mark’s POV

Life is a total bitch.

It always finds a way to screw you up no matter how hard you try to avoid the consequences.It can lift you high above the ground,but in just a couple of seconds it can send you falling down right on your head.And somehow,life always manages to come back and smack you in the face when you least expect it,without a warning.My slap of reality came in  form of Jackson Wang.

For a moment,when I saw him sitting beside me,soundlessly tapping his fingers against the bed,I actually thought that nurse gave me something more then sedatives.But when I looked into those eyes every trace of doubt was gone along with the oxygen inside my lungs.

Everything was there,so open.So venerable.

I couldn’t believe that it was the same cocky,charming male that stumbled into my life few months ago.On a short distance from me,sat a tired looking,crushed soul.There were dark rings under his eyes,probably caused by the lack of sleep or depression.And inside those dark orbs swirled so many emotions.Sadness,nervousness.Guilt?

Shock was surely visible on my face because he shifted uncomfortably in his seat,lowering his gaze.

Don’t hide.

I almost laughed at my own selfishness.It was very hypocritical of me to think that,when I was the one to push him away in the first place.

‘’Hey.’’I was a bit taken back by the rough ,husky voice that,under any other circumstances, could be found sexy as hell but right now it was worrying.

I continued to stare at him dumbfounded.

A sad chuckle left his mouth,the sound of it sending shivers down my spine.I straightened up in my bed,managing to keep a straight face even though my ribs were burning.

‘’Don’t tell me I look that bad that you don’t even want to speak to me.’’His attempt to make a joke fell flat just like my face as the crevasse between my eyebrows deepened.

Outside,the snow was going crazy.By the looks of the naked trees moving uncoordinated it could be assumed that the wind was blowing harshly.A blizzard.

He travelled on this weather?

Suddenly I was glad that he was here.That little selfish part in me awakened along with the feeling to protect him.To keep him safe.

Safe.

The reality,again, decided to be cruel on me  as it swung one more punch,this time right in my gut.My fingers flexed feeling the coldness of the bed that wasn’t even mine.

‘The only way of keeping him safe from my life.From myself.’

My own words from previous events hit a raw nerve somewhere deep inside of me.

‘’Why are you here?’’My voice was colder than the bed sheets against my fingertips as I resisted the urge to form a fist with my palm.Hurt flashed in his eyes for a second before it was gone like it was carried with a  wind that was blowing outside mercilessly.It was replaced with a small smile that never reached his eyes.