2

Carmilla sat quietly as Laura and the ginger twins talked about school, watching Laura sip her hot chocolate and take not so subtle glances at her over the rim. When Carmilla would acknowledge Laura's attempts at checking her out, she would wink or blow a kiss her direction. It was all worth it watching Laura get flustered.

Suddenly Laura's full attention was turned toward her, drawing Carmilla out of wondering what Laura's lips would feel like pressed on hers.

"Carm, you're a senior, what's your schedule look like?"

Carmilla hated being called Carm, but coming from Laura's lips, it didn't seem so bad...

"Oh, uh. They haven't given me a finalized class list yet, something about me not being in the system..." Carmilla answered. It was her turn to blush and look into her drink.

"Oh! That's right... hey, what's your favorite thing about Faybrook so far?"

"I haven't been here long, but I haven't seen much either.. I've had a lot of unpacking to do, and I haven't really made any friends yet.. Besides you three, of course!" She looked up and smiled shyly, eyes focusing more on Laura's than anywhere else.

"What? There are so many interesting things around Faybrook! The haunted library is right around the corner, and just down the road there's a really neat museum filled with all sorts of vampire memorabilia, if- uh, if you're into that sort of thing.." Laura trailed off, looking at Carmilla for a reaction.

"Sounds great, cutie. Lead the way"

And before she could blink, Laura pulled her up by the hand and the two dashed off through the crowded cafe, fingers intertwined, until they stumbled out the door into the busy street.

--- --- ---

Laura's eyes widened as she looked down at her fingers, wrapped in Carm's. She dropped their hands quickly, feeling her face flush.

"S-sorry" she spit out quickly, putting a bit of distance between them.

Carm looked- disappointed? Wait, what? Why would she be disappointed?

"Hmm, I dunno, creampuff. Your hand fit pretty well with mine, don't you think?"

And before she knew it, Carmilla was standing close to her. Very close to her. She felt and arm snake around her waist, and she looked up to see the brooding girl she had met minutes earlier looking down at her with-- seduction eyes? Wow.

"Where do you want to go first? Personally I like the vampire museum, but the library is almost closer and if you don't mind walking for a bit we could go get coffee across town-"

Again, she put distance between herself and the beautiful girl, mentally cursing herself for word vomiting and not just kissing Carmilla.

"Sweetheart, we just had coffee, remember?"

"Oh. Yeah" Laura looked at her shoes, quiet, until she felt a hand slide into her grasp.

"C'mon Laura, let's go look at some haunted vampire library places," Carmilla said, smiling at her.

Laura was going to tell her that it was a vampire museum, not a library, but was tugged along by a laughing Carmilla.

They'd gone a block and a half when Laura realized they were going the wrong direction, but she'd just been so caught up in the way that her had name sounded in Carmilla's low, raspy voice, and how much she wanted it to never stop being said, that she completely forgot.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-

A/N:Hey guys! Almost 40 reads, on one chapter. holy cow. You're cool. okay.

If this one gets to 25 reads, I'll upload the next chapter. Sorry for not uploading sooner, I had a ton of homework and tests this week. Anyway, leave me a comment saying what you thought of this chapter.

Should I do a QOTD?

Thanks, V