Chapter 20: Seeing things differently

Thorin POV

I woke up with sun peering in through the window. I sighed and looked down noticing Tygr in human form, hugging me around my waist with her head nuzzled into my chest and her ears flopping lazily to one side making it clear she was face asleep. I grinned slightly and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer. I heard her mumble non understandable words. I closed my eyes once again and ran my fingers through his long black hair, that was softer than I had expected. I felt her squirm and move around. I felt her wrap her legs around one of mine and pull herself closer than she already was. I grinned and rested my head above hers. "Goodmorning~" I heard her mumble lightly. "Goodmorning." I said looking down to see her half lidded sleep glazed eyes. "Your a really good pillow~" she giggled. I grinned and nodded, "thank you" I said. She nodded and nuzzled her head back on my chest. I petted her hair softly then lightly rubbed her ears, they where as soft as feathers. Suddenly Tygr sat up slowly, one of her hands on my shoulder the other scratching her side. She yawned, exposing her share canines that she had now grown into. She stopped and looked at me with a grin. "I'm gonna go check on Echo~" she said, her voice still overthrown by sleep. Quickly she leaned down and pecked my cheek before she pushed herself up and hobbled over to the door before exciting quietly. My eyes widened and my heart pounded at her kind gesture before leaving. "There's so doubt, she likes you!" Bofur laughed looking at me. I raised an eyebrow. "You think so?" I asked sitting up. "I know so!" Bofur said with a wink. Suddenly Tygr came back through the door. "Hey! I forgot the necklace" she said. I nodded and pulled it out of my pocket and handed it to her. She quickly clasped it around her neck and smiled at me. "Thanks! Morning Bofur~" she said noticing him before going back outside.

Tygr POV

I walked across my brothers clean beautiful lawn...then over the claw imprints Echo left last night. "Oops..." I muttered. I walked through the gate and down a small path. "Echo! Where are you?" I yelled. I heard a loud thumping sound and looked over my shoulder to see Echo walking towards me. "Morning!" I said happily. She nudged me lovingly with her snout. "Goodmorning~" she said. "How did you sleep?" I asked. "Well...not very much. I made a new friend I want you to meet." She said. "Okay! Where are they?" I asked with a smiled. Suddenly I was picked up by Echo's tail and she sat me ontop of her head. I held onto two horns so I wouldn't fall off as she walked through the forest. "Are they nice?" I asked. "Very!" Echo said. "What's their name?" I asked. "Her name is Vinyel." Echo said. "That's pretty~" I said. Suddenly we stopped, I looked and saw a large circular patch of grass, that was fenced by more forest. In the center there was a massive Oak tree that had a stream around it. "Wow...this is really pretty." I said as Echo lowered her head so I could get off. "So where's your friend?" I asked turning and looking up at her. I flinched when I heard the sound of branches snapping and leaves shaking. I turned around and saw a massive green dragon coming out of the tree. "W-wow...she's beautiful." I said in astonishment. "A-are you Vinyel?" I asked loud enough for her to hear. She nodded her large head. "My name is Tygr!" I said with smile. Suddenly watched her tail go around behind me and I felt something being placed on top of my head. I felt and it was a crown of flowers that where set gently on my head. "It's a pleasure to meet you Tygr." She said. Her voice was elegant and gentle...reminding me of the way an elven woman spoke. "Echo has told me much about you, also that you are a skin-changer." She said. I nodded, "yes, I am!" I said. She lowered her head and looking at me on a ground level. I noticed she had grass looking fur on her face and large curling horns that looked like wood. "May I ask you a question?" I asked. "Of course." She said. "What kind of dragon are you?" I asked. "I am a woodland dragon." She said. "That's so cool..." I said astonished. I looked aside and noticed various holes in her wings. "What happened to your wings?!?!" I asked worried. I heard Vinyel chuckle, "they are from fighting." She said. "Oh...well are you okay?" I asked. "I'm perfectly fine. Now, what I want to know is how you met Echo." She said. "Oh well I-" I was cut off when Vinyel lifted me up with her tail and sat me down on a branch. Echo then followed and sat near the water and drank it. "Well, about a week ago I was traveling with my friends and I found her egg...I didn't know that if you touched the egg you form an immediate bond." I said. "Yes, and that bond is stronger than any." She said. I nodded. "This is a very kind girl Echo." Vinyel said. I couldn't lie I was very flattered getting a compliment like that from a dragon. "Yeah she is! She's my best friend!" Echo said happily. I smiled and nodded. "Well...the I assume you like dragons?" Vinyel asked me. I nodded, "I think their amazing honestly." I said. "Did you know there are dragons all around you?" Vinyel asked. I shook my head. "There are...they all use magic to hide so they won't be killed. Only a choice few are given the ability to see them." Vinyel said. "So...are there more dragons here than I'm seeing right now?" I asked. I looked at Echo and she nodded, as did Vinyel. "The reason I'm telling you this Tygr...is because as being part animal, you know how animals thing and feel." She said. I nodded, "yes I do," I said, confused as to what's going on. "I know you can be trusted not to hurt what you can't see...if you are given the ability to see it." She said. My eyes widened, I still wasn't understanding but I knew I would never hurt another animal unless provoked by said animal. I nodded. "Would you like to see them?" Echo asked. I looked at echo, "see who? The dragons?" I asked. Echo nodded, I jumped up in excitement and nodded. "Of course I would!!!" I said smiling. "Tygr." Vinyel said. I turned to looked at her "ye-" before I could finish I was cut off by a green mist blew into my face, blowing my hair back. When it stopped I felt rather dizzy. I sneezed and rubbed my eyes. When I opened them needless to say I was awestruck. Dragons...dragons everywhere. Big dragons, small dragons, baby dragons, elderly dragons. "Whoa...." Was all I could say. Suddenly three baby dragons dropped from the tree and hugged my arms and legs. "Hahaha hey there!" I said happily. They all let go and glided off elsewhere. "Their so cute!!" I said. Echo stood and kneeled her head down. I stepped on and say down. "This is what I see," echo said to me in my head. "It's wonderful..." I said. "Tygr?! Tygr where are you?!" I heard Kili and Filis voices. "Oh, we better go back." I said. Echo nodded. I waved to Vinyel and smiled, "it was an honor meeting you!" I said happily. Vinyel bowed her head, "as for you. Safe travels, come back any time." She said. I nodded and turned before sliding down Echo's neck and sat on her back. We started to walk back to Beorns house. 'This is amazing...' I thought to myself as I looked around seeing a new dragon here and there. "And I thought dragons where rare..." I muttered. "The ones who slow anyone to see them are." Echo said. I nodded. 'Dragons are such beautiful and kind creatures...dare say I love them.' I thought. Then my heart froze as I suddenly remembered the purpose of our journey...to kill a dragon. "Oh no..." I whispered to myself.