CHAPTER 22: Captivity

Chapter 22: Captivity

I was a sixteen year old girl that's had a shit hand dealt to her since a particular frosty night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I was a sixteen year old girl that had more hand in the fate of humanity itself than God was probably comfortable with. I was a sixteen year old girl with faded, now brick-colored hair, boney knees, and two watery brown eyes that never lost the dark curtains below them. Most importantly, I was a sixteen year old girl witnessing the torture and death of all of her loved ones.

Where was I? It was dark, frigid, and the smell of blood hung in the air. Not fresh, but old, irony blood. It turned my stomach like a G-6.

The lights flashed on, reveling a line of pigs strung up on a conveyor belt. Except they weren't pigs.

My best friend, crush, and mother were all dangling bloody on meat hooks before my eyes. None of them would look at me, like I wasn't even there. It was then I discovered I was behind a glass wall, banging in on it with all my might- which was a lot. I screamed their names as the hooks carried them towards a meat grinder. A conveyor belt. They were going to be slaughtered.

"Me, me! Take ME!" I screamed. They didn't deserve this. I was the crazy killer with blood lust in her chest. The screams and droning of the meat grinder grew louder and impossibly louder. Karson's hook dropped and into the machine she fell...

I woke in cold swear, heart like a jackhammer against my chest. Fuck. That wasn't real..but shit, where was I?

My first reflex was to swivel into a crouch, but I was held down by steel restraints. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuck.

Oh. Yeah. A hot forty year old shot me with a tranquilizer. I was vulnerable. Made me antsy. I wanted to rip someone's throat out and/or cry.

My eyes darted around the room, sweat burning my eyes. I was in a large, bright white dome, the only flat surface being the cement floor. From what I could see, there were no doors. Needles transporting various fluids were stuck in my veins like flower stems in a vase.

I vomited moments after waking, covering my paper smock in various chunks of fruit and stomach juice. The acidy, sour aftertaste made me want to vomit all over again.

My body seized against the metal restraints, pulling and twisting until my skin was raw where it touched steel. A wild hunger for freedom over took me until I was thrashing like a trapped wolf. I had the strength of three men, but it did me no justice here.

This was so annoying. What the hell did these people want from me? I was getting tired of this cat and mouse game. So they threaten me with a swat team at first, chase everyone around, fake kill my crush, capture me and send me to a desert and finally end it all by actually kidnapping me? How hard could it possibly be to catch a few straggly kids?

Oh, yeah, I forgot they didn't catch us on PURPOSE. What even was the point of that? Scare tactics? It sure had been one hell of an ego booster...

Anger anchored me to that hospital bed, making everything vivid and real. I wanted to kill, my hunger for blood burned like fire in my throat.

There was the sound of quiet machinery, and suddenly a man was in the room. The same man that had shot me before. My eyes burst into flames and I spit at his feet. The glob, unfortunately, landed an inch away from his oxfords. Fucking asshole.

He smiled, revealing a set of thin and sharp fangs. I flinched. "What the hell?" I exclaimed. What...

He nodded, fangs retracting and sheathed by thin, pale lips once again. He smirked.