01 : $500-𝖩𝖺𝖼𝗄𝗉𝗈𝗍

[💵]

Life in Seoul is fine especially when you have managed to get into your dream university and get through all the expenses. However, with my job just a mere cashier in a small store, I was buried in apartment loans. I was 3 months late in due.

As soon as I got home from my evening shift, my belongings greeted me right on the streets and the landlady was by the door, hands on her waist.

"M-MRS. LEE!" Running, I collected my stuffs in panic.

"Payment?" She lent a palm with a raised brow. "The deal is over, L/N."

"I.. I haven't gotten my salary yet, Mrs. Lee." I looked down. "B-But I promise to pay you half as soon as I-"

"AH! Blah, blah, blah. You talk the same nonsense. Honestly, why would I even bother keeping you under my roof when you can't even pay?!"

"Please, Mrs. Lee!" I hurried and held her hands. "I.. I have nowhere else to go! I have midterms coming, I can't go back to the province. Just.. Just one last chance-"

"Get your hands off me!" She pushed me to the ground and before slamming the door, she added. "It's not my problem anymore!"

Well, I hope your dinner doesn't taste good tonight, woman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was 9PM, said my phone. I was out in an empty sidewalk, dragging my luggage behind and other school stuffs. The lonely scenery with occasional cars passing by made me feel like the world's most incompetent loser. I couldn't believe I set foot in this city excited as heck only to end up a potential beggar.

"So this is it..? I'm going to live in the streets..?" I sniffled.

As worse as it could get, it began to rain. Really hard. Unfortunately, there were no sheds nearby so I had to endure being soaked and cold.

"I don't deserve this.."

Tears began to roll down as I took off my jacket to cover my luggage and crouched against a mossy wall, staring at the empty street ahead. I'm completely homeless with a lurching stomach. I embraced myself as the harsh wind blew, making some leaves fly away.

SPLAT!

"Blergh!" I gawked as a flyer slapped my face.

I was about to throw it away when my eyes caught a glimpse of hope.