chapter 24

Xander POV

I was in my office doing paperwork when I received  a call from Adya , I received it I was about to say something when she spoke in low and broken voice said " help me I am in my apartment,  fast "

And then I said hello several times yet no reply.  So I hurried said my driver and Thomas to come and mean while I took my car and went to her apartment.

As I opened her apartment I saw her lying in the floor with a pool of blood.
I called Thomas said " call the best  doctor and bring him in my mansion"

I have a small hospital setup in my mansion as I am in mafia I can get injured anytime.

Then i took Adya,  she wore a black outfit,  she looked hot but it's no time to think such things and i drove her to my mansion.

Then i layed her in the hospital room and already the doctor and nurse were prepared. I said one think " don't take off her mask"
Cause I don't want to take advantage of her.

They told us to leave the room after 1 hour which felt like eternity.  The doctor came out . I asked " how she is what happened "

He said " she is good , she got shot in her leg and so I had to remove the bullet and she is weak. She may have skipped her meals , so her body is weak . She is now suffering from high fever due to all these reason. So please see that she take the prescribed medication and I will check her Tomorrow. "

I gave him a cut nod and all of them existed .

Thomas came said " sir will I send her back and assign a nurse for her"

" no "was all I said and signed him to leave .

I went near her and sat . I put my hands in her forehead I saw its burning.

I called in my home " hello"

I saw my mom received my call . She said " hello , son why are you not coming "

I said " I have urgent work to do and I won't come today, bye"

I cut the call.

Then I brought wet towels and started to put it on her forehead and then somehow managed to make her drink the medicine.

Then i saw she was still had no sign of getting up its being 2 hours. I called the doc he said she needs more rest so I stayed beside her.

I was woken up by moment near me I didn't knew when I doze off, I saw Adya trying to get up.

I said " wait , let me help you "

I helped her to sit down.

She looked around said " where am I and why am I here"

I said " you are in my mansion hospital and you are here cause you called me for help "

She hurriedly checked her mask said " I am sorry for causing trouble,  I didn't know whom I was calling.  How much can did it cost and I am ever grateful to you for saving myself from bleeding to d-death "

With that again she fainted and so gave her the electrode water and after few minutes she woke said " I am good , send me to my apartment I will call my friend , I will be good "

This woman how can she say such things in this condition,  is she fool.

I said " listen , you are very weak , so don't argue and you don't need to repay me anything.  Don't think yourself as a burden . Now you shouldfocuson healing"

She looked at me and laughed said " why do you care "

" I care cause you are important to me and even though you don't recognize I like you "

She shook her said " no, you don't,  you have a girlfriend,  so don't be a man with no strong feelings "

I am now confused,  oh, she must be talking about my sister who came to visit me for her problem.

i said " no, I am not lying dam it , I never had a girl who is good enough as you or beautiful or due to whom I feel so restless. You must be talking about my sister from the morning.  You fool"

She glared at me " lies all lies , you don't like is not love , it may be your mere attraction towards me and if someone better than me come you will choose her over me .you don'teven know me"

I was getting irritated that she had so much insecurities about my feelings which I am telling her said " listen I am Xander king I am always truthful of my work , so listen I only love you and only you even though I don't love you , I had fallen in love with you went I first bumped into you in india . You are  the first person who grabbed my attention.  Even though I had fair share of women with whom I did one night stand but after you came you are the only one for me.  "

She looked straight into my eyes said " I am no multimillionaire so why will be with me , you could be with any model and multimillionaire girl"

I said " cause I don't need money . I like this strong ,witted , stubborn,  stupid, mysterious girl in front of me who stole my heart ."

She said " you know I got to know how cruel the world is when I lost my parents and my own uncle and aunt whom I believed where family betray by wanting to take advantage of situation to gain my property.  "

I said " I promise that I don't want anything but you angel "

She suddenly hugged me and started to cry and said " I am tired of being strong,  I am tired of hiding myself , I am so tired of doubting everyone,  I am tired of fighting.  You know I feel so lonely at the end of the day . I have know one call , curdles,  share my feelings and love. I don't have my parents who were the only one who loved me till the end of their life.yet I was unable to repay them thus , I  am alive for them . Please tell me you really care for me an love me "

I said " i really love and care for you , i can lay my life for you "

I saw her breathing getting in slow and rhythmic and saw she fell asleep in my arm ,I tried to make her sleep in the bed.

I didn't know how vulnerable she is inside and so exosted acting all strong. I  promise to protect her from those who hurt her and will love her with all I have . I will no longer let her push me aside . Due fever she is speaking her heart or else she wouldn't I know.
My stubborn girl. I want her to trust me show her true self.