11 || heroes

"Hey, y/n, if you were a superhero, what would your name be?" Cady asked, taking her usual seat at our lunch table. Her mouth was stuffed with pasta, and it was hard to make out what she was saying.

"If I was a superhero..." I mused, twirling my fork around in my hand, the tongs pointed up at the ceiling. "Huh. Depends on what my powers would be."

"Well, come up with that first and then get back to me." She said, burying her head in her phone, bored of the conversation.

"Why are you asking?" I questioned, viewing her out of the corner of my eye as I ate my lunch. She shrugged.

"'Dunno," She said, the constant bored tone ringing loudly in my hear. "I'm trying to act Julie - like questions." I snorted.

"What's a Julie like question?" I laughed, finishing my lunch.

"A question Julie would ask if she wasn't busy at Student Council." Cady grumbled, and I rolled my eyes in a teasing manner. Her eyes lit up. "Can we talk about Peter?" She asked excitedly, and my eyes widened.

"No, we can't!"

"Why not? Please?" She asked, and I rolled my eyes again, knowing she was going to get her way.

"Okay. Fine. What do you want to talk about?"

"When did you guys first kiss?" She asked, and the question took me by surprise.

We haven't kissed!

I wish we kissed.

Shut up!

"We haven't kissed, Cady! Gross!" I exclaimed, internally fighting with myself and the urge to think about kissing Peter. She frowned.

"Oh. You haven't? You should get on that already. For real." Her lips curled up in a smile, and I threw my napkin at her. She giggled, narrowly avoiding it. "I'm serious, y/n! He obviously likes you. Plus, if you don't act soon, I'm gonna get on that, and then you'll never get him back." She teased, though I could tell that there was some truth to the threat she was saying.

Cady was gorgeous enough that she could pull any guy - or girl, or anybody, for that matter - she wanted. If Peter didn't have a crush on her already, there was no way he would have one on me, since she was ten times prettier.

"Hey, y/n!" Corina said, sliding into Julie's empty seat, causing Cady to scowl.

"Hey, Corina." I said, mustering as much enthusiasm as possible. Corina had been acting overly nice to me since she saw me with Peter, and I still couldn't figure out why.

"Do you want to walk to English later?" She asked. "I can meet you outside your classroom." I swallowed, unsure of what to say.

"Uh, sure." I said. "You know where it is?" She nodded, giving Cady a glance as if she just noticed she was sitting with me.

"You're name's Candace, right?" She asked. Cady's eyes narrowed.

"It's Cadence." She clarified, her tone hostile. Corina gave her a cold smile and turned to me.

"Okay, see you later, Y/N." She got up and I turned back to Cady as she walked away.

"She knows my name. I know she knows my name, we've only gone to school together for twelve years." Cady grumbled, eyeing her.

"She's just jealous because Cole asked you to freshman homecoming before he asked her." I said, sighing.

"Are you friends with her now?" Cady asked, a definite disgust lining her voice.

"No," I said; it was the truth. Corina and I weren't friends.

"Good. She's a bitch." Cady stood up. "Come on, let's get to class."

-

"...Here it is!" I exclaimed, pulling an old phone out of a junk drawer. I handed it to Peter, who gave me a strange look. "Now I just have to find the charger..."

"Why are we doing this again?" He asked.

"Because!" I exclaimed, my head basically in the drawer. "We need a way to communicate."

"I have a way to communicate!" He complains, showing me his high-tech device.

"That doesn't really work here, Peter." I said, finally finding the charger underneath a stress ball. I moved over to an outlet, taking the phone back from Peter. I plugged it in, set it down, and turned back to him. "What?" I frowned, noticing his amused face.

"Nothing!"

"What?" I asked again, watching the corners of his mouth turn up in a smile. I started smiling too.

"Nothing!"

"I don't believe you."

"You're ridiculous."

"You're laughing at me!" Peter stifled a laugh as I said it.

"I am not!"

"You are! I see you laughing!" I joined in on the laughter and the two of us stood there, giggling at each other.

He has such a cute laugh.

Shut up!

"It's nice you want a way for us to communicate, y/n." He said, and I blushed. "I mean, um, it's handy. It's nice 'cause that way we can keep in touch. That's what I meant." He said far too quickly, but the warmth didn't leave my face.

"Yeah, well I just thought..." I trailed off. "Since there isn't a phone number registered to the phone, though, so we'll have to make a social media account you can text from." I explained, going over to the phone. It had turned on, and I immediately cringed at the Marvel background as Peter laughed.

"You aren't a fan, huh?" He teased, and I smacked him.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed, opening up Instagram. I quickly made an account with a random handle and followed Cady, Julie and my own account. I handed the phone to him, grabbing my own.

"What do I do now?"

"I'm gonna make a group chat, hold on," I said, following Peter back. I quickly made a group chat with Cady, Julie and Peter. I smiled.

"Does this mean I'm officially a part of the friend group?"

(A/N: Hey everyone! It would mean the world to me if you guys commented, voted and shared this story 🥺🥺 thank you for reading! it means a lot <3 Also, if I wrote another Peter Parker x reader would anyone be interested?)