♛ 1

A soft tune played in the background along with the sweet smell of a freshly toasted bread with a cup of tea. For this family, nothing is better than a cup of morning tea to start the morning of their lavish life. 

"So Mark, how's school so far?" His mother asked, giving him a warm smile.

He just moved back to Korea after staying in England for 2 years. He's actually Canadian, but his father sent him to an elite private boarding school for boys in London. It's not an easy school to get into as it's one of the most prestigious school in England. Not to mention, that school is highly competitive. 

"It's fine, definitely less strict. I still have a few more days until the actual school and game starts." 

His father chuckled, nodding his head. "Of course son, I must say I prefer you to stay there until you graduate high school, but you decide to go back here. But remember, since you're back here you must keep your reputation, especially in that school."

If Mark stayed there until he graduates high school, he could probably get into any universities he wants. But he decided to go back home, finishing his last school year with the rest of his friends he missed the most.

But that's not the only reason. 

He's one of the game player of Neo Emperor from Neo High. But the thing is, it's not an online game. It's a real life game, a game that risks other people's life. 

It's definitely far from the word 'safe'. 

"Alright mom, dad. I'm going now." He said as he stood up.

His mother looked at him with a questioning look, putting her tea cup down. "Where to?"

"The Empire."

The Empire; the place where it all starts- the game. 

Being a part of that game, especially the leader of his team is definitely not an easy thing to do, especially because he's still in high school. But once he got involved, there's no turning back. 

He entered his car, immediately driving towards the Empire. It's not that far from his house so it only took him a few minutes for him to arrive there. As soon as he arrived, he parked his car in the basement before walking inside the building.

From the outside, the building looks just like a hotel because in fact, it is a hotel. His father owns this hotel so he's not worried about being kicked out or anything. But there's a secret passage only the game players can access, that's where the Empire is.

Mark looked around, making sure no one is around him. He tapped on the button, a red light immediately scanned his eyes for identity verification. Not long after that the door opened and he directly walked in.

As soon as he entered the room, his eyes immediately met a pair of eyes he's most familiar with.

"Mark Lee! You're finally back." Xiaojun greeted with a wide smile on his face.

"It's good to be back, where are the others?"

"In the main room."

Mark nods, heading towards the main room. The Empire is like their home, this is where everything starts. 

"Mark-hyung, you're back!" Jaemin greeted, putting his arms around Mark's shoulder. Donghyuck came out from the technical room a few seconds later, his frown immediately turned into a smile as soon as he saw mark. "Oi Canada, welcome back!"

Mark nods, a smile plastered on his face. "Any updates?"

"Donghyuck won another game. Our rank is still number one." Lucas said.

It's not just a normal game that risks people's life. The school they're attending is not just an ordinary school. It's an elite school for assassins. It's a fucked up school for sure, but once the game starts there's no stopping. 

The game runs for a whole school year and ends when the school year ends. The goal is to win, or at least survive. In order to survive, you must get rid of everything that gets on your way.

And by everything; killing is one of them.