Chapter 00

The first rule of Bright Wood High: Never miss a party thrown by Isla. And by Isla, they meant the rich girl with a badass ass, sassy mouth, crazy curves and striking beauty. The kind of beauty that you would never recover from, not ever. Because once you set eyes on Isla, you'd be stunned speechless.

Emerald eyes that gleamed in a way that was somehow sexy. And hair that hung in wispy curls about her face, not a single strand out of place, secured with some expensive gel. And when she just smiled, one would be dazed by her smile that flashed, begging you to admire it.

And you would, not because you had no other option but to, but because it sparkled like stars in the midnight sky, giving off the kind of halo you had never seen, nor would ever see.

This same Isla was throwing a party at her parents' mansion a week to their final exams. She stood on the patio to welcome guests, or maybe it was to show off her hot pink tube top over what was supposed to be a miniskirt, but looked more like a thong that rode up her thighs. She loved it when they took time to check her out, especially Novah, the queen bee. Isla hated her with the hatred of hell. She despised her so much. Novah wasn't half as beautiful as her, but she had an allure of her own that one couldn't resist. She didn't give a damn about what people said about her clothes or whatever.

"Hi Isla." Novah scoffed, running her fingers through her hair.
Isla pouted.

"Skip the pleasantries. You know I'd rather you roast in hell but I just have to bear with you for Craig's sake. And don't you dare pull any stupid stunt here tonight. It's my party, and I'd do whatever I please." Isla rushed the words.

She was already sick of Novah's presence made worse by her perfume.

"Darling Isla. Let's just say it isn't my fault that Craig chose me over you, is it? Look, I don't give a shit about what shit you two had together, but I'm his girlfriend now." She laughed.

"Such a pity that you can't get over your crush on Craig. But I've got good news for you, baby. Keep your shitty hands off my guy, Miss Playgirl."

Isla clenched her fists and tried to stop herself from doing something she'd regret. How dare Novah speak to her like that? She'd regret it forever. She wanted to say things to hurt Novah, tell her that she was stupid and nothing of her class.

But she stayed calm and answered, "Got it."

And when Novah has made her way inside the lounge, Isla swore, "I'd treat your fuckup, stupid girl."

It hurt Isla how much Craig had ignored her since he and Novah became an item. He was her best friend since grade seven. Hands on heart, she wasn't comfortable with him dating another bitch. Not that she would date him herself, either. At times, she herself couldn't bring herself to confess why she hadn't asked him out yet, since she'd caught him staring at her with goo goo eyes in the cafeteria, and her heart warmed with love when she saw him. He was hot. Not a playboy, but hot enough to have girls drooling over him like fools. They would have been perfect together, but Isla forbade that because of one reason. Pride. Why tie herself down to him when she could, and did date any guy she wanted in Bright Wood High?

After some time, the guests had finished trooping in. They sat in their cliques on armchairs in the lounge, chatting away and sipping white wine.
Isla was determined to make this the best party ever. She sashayed to the center of the room, wine glass in hand.

"Hi guys! Once again, it's your favorite bitch, Isla Dehler hosting this party__"

They cheered. " That's right!"

"Isla is my girl. This babe knows how to do these things, man." Peter, her boyfriend boasted.

He earned a few pats on his back from other guys.