🌸Interview(5): Beneath the Surface

Hi there beautiful people!🌹

I'm Lilly your host and I'm back with another intriguing interview!💐

Sophie: And the crowd goes wild

(Gives her a cold glare)

Anyway, in this beautiful garden with me is djwinn. The talented author of the book 'Beneath the Surface'

Li: Without further delays, let's begin this interview. What's the story behind your story?

Win: I can't really remember how and why I started writing this book because it happened two years ago. Due to the fact that I was discouraged and had no time on my hands, I had to stop. I do know that there's a story to how I developed the personality of my central character. The rest of the book just came to me as I wrote, that's how it always is for me. I never know the end when I start. I like to keep myself in suspense too.

Li: How did you come up with the title?

Win: Beneath the surface tells a story of the characters with many layers. It shows how much a person can hide behind a smile. Indifference or even what feels like sheer hatred. Everyone is not all that they appear to be. There wasn't a more suitable name.

Li: At first glance, I thought the story was mostly focused on Norman, like BTS was mostly him, but now I am beginning to see that even Beatris has more to her, Mac and Leonard's relationship too. Is this title about all of them or just one person?

Win: Like I said, the title is about all my characters and the situations they have created. Although I laid emphasis on Norman since he's the main character.

Li: So who do you love and enjoy writing about the most, I mean the characters?

Win: Haha! That's a tough one. I love all of them, even Mac.
   But I'll answer this question in two ways;
   Firstly, the character I love the most on a personal level is Leonard. You see these characters were created by my brother and I. We loved to act out random fictional characters in different worlds when we were younger. So Leonard was a character, I created. He's emotional, dependent, playful and sometimes stupid. But I have a soft spot for him because he has a big heart.
   However, the character I love to write about the most is Norman. He was created by my little brother and refined by me. Norman is crazy and funny.

Li: And creepy. Don't ever forget creepy😒

Win: Yeah and that too😁. He defies the norm. I find myself laughing out loud at his utterances or getting so angry at his actions that I want to beat him and lock him up in an institution. He's just an interesting character to write about.

Li: I agree with you on that institution plan. Sophie imagine a man you hardly know just walking up to you and saying, 'hey I want to marry you, what's your price?'

Sophie: What?🤔

Yeah, Norman is that creepy!

Winnie is he really thirty years old? Because most of the time, he acts thirteen!

Win: LOL. Those must be the perks of living in his head, talking to people off the internet and not being able to socialize.

Li: Does he have a sort of mental problem?
(Sophie why are you making that face?🙄)

Sophie: I'm caught between hitting the buzzer and getting that answer. Is the dude really that bad?