chapter nineteen

Sweet creature, sweet creature
Wherever I go, you bring me home
Sweet creature, sweet creature
When I run out of road, you bring me home

Sweet Creature - Harry Styles

----

Lyra: Warning - I am NOT responsible for any injuries I give to people while listening to "UGH!"

Joon: ...what did you do?

Lyra: Nothing...yet lol. But I feel like I could get into a fight and knock the living daylight out of someone when I listen to this song.

Joon: You know "UGH!" is about enduring hate comments right and how frustrating it can be, right?

Lyra: So...I'm not supposed to punch anyone?

Joon: No.

Joon: And you shouldn't be doing that anyways.

Lyra: Why did you make the song sound so angry if you're rapping about being frustrated about other people's anger?

Joon: Because that's what good rap is all about. It sounds mad, but it's about something much deeper about our society and how things need to change.

Lyra: While that sounds important, I think I'll stick to dancing.

Lyra: But first, let me go punch someone ;)

Joon: At least do it in front of the paparazzi. They'll eat it up.

As I approached my apartment's door, I chuckled at Namjoon's text. If I were to do anything to attract the paparazzi's attention, it would not be punching anyone. I could hardly muster up the courage to trap a spider in a tissue, much less physically assault another person.

I took out my headphones and tucked them into my purse, trying to simultaneously fish out my keys with the one hand that wasn't dragging my luggage. But before I could do so, the apartment door swung open in front of me. I jumped back from the man who suddenly stood before me.

"Sorry!" He said, pulling a shirt over the dark expanse of his chest. "Didn't mean to scare you."

"Who - what - how," I started, shaking my head. Who the hell was this guy? Why was he leaving my apartment at nine o'clock on a Wednesday night?

The man's eyes lit up. "Oh, you're Leo's sister! I'm a big fan."

Questions still circled my mind, but I managed a brief, "Thanks."

"Can I get an autograph?" The man asked, stepping into the hall. "You know what, neither of us have pens on us. How about a picture instead?"

"Oh - um - yeah, I guess that's cool."

Beaming, the man slid his phone from his pants pocket and raised it in the air. I had just enough time to tilt my chin up and blink confusedly before he clicked the button and the camera shuttered.

The man swung a jean jacket around his shoulders. "Awesome, thanks!"

And with that, he was gone. I watched him retreat down the hall, my mouth dangling open in dumb shock and astonishment. After a few more moments, I regained my senses and walked into my apartment.

Only to stop short in my tracks.

The apartment was a mess. Takeout containers littered the kitchen counters, most of them caked with a fine layer of grease and pizza sauce. Blankets, books, and clothes were strewn around the living room. A strange scent wafted from the direction of Leo's bedroom, a mix between cologne, smoke, and strawberry Pop Tarts.