Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Kryzstofer kept a firm hand on my back and wouldn't let me get out. I looked at Kryzstofer, whose eyes were on Hixak, and finally reazlised what was happening. They were having a mental conversation. Feeling left out, I just sat there, on Kryzstofer's lap, and waited. It wasn't that bad. I had full view of his gorgeous body. Hixak always interrupts, I thought meekly. I have to have a talk with him about interrupting.

“Very well.” Kryzstofer nodded. “Let's go into the living room.”

Hixak nooded and left. I made a motion to stand up when Kryzstofer pulled me back. “Shall we continue this later?”

“If we can.” I smiled. “Lets go.”

Hixak warned us of the danger of Alec’s knowing who and what we were. He told us of other Reapers and Angel’s that have been found out. He listed Salem as one of the occurrences. He also listed the Ukrainian purge and Armenian Genocide. I was about to say what about Hitler’s Germany when he looked at me and nodded.

“You can’t expect me to believe that Whisperer’s and Listener’s killed-”

“I don’t expect you to believe anything. It is so.” He looked at Kryzstofer. “We know the truth.”

“So… what? Hitler was the Listener? Himmler the whisperer?” I chuckled. “Here I thought he was just a bad person…”

“May we digress back to the point.” Kryzstofer said looking pointedly at me. "What should we do to keep safe?"

"You must keep away from him at all cost." Hixak replied.

“Are you not at risks yourself?” Krzystofer asked concerned.

“Perhaps I am.” Hixak nodded his head sadly. “But you are-” His voice cracked. “more important.”

“Hixak-”

“No, Mikaela.” HE stood up. “A storm is coming and you know what? If it were down to me and you, I would gladly give myself up.”

“Brother,” Kryzstofer placed a hand on Hixak's shoulder. “It will not come to that. I will not loose either of you.” I stood up feeling useless. What could I offer? My deepest sympathy? No, it wouldn't help the mood. “It would make me feel more secure.”

“Hixak, we have more than enough room. Please stay.” Kryzstofer pleaded.

Finally Hixak nodded. “If that is what you wish.” Smiling he sat on the couch and turned to Kryzstofer, “May we discuss battle plans?”

“I'll leave you two alone.” I walked out of the living room still feeling useless.

I went to my room to get a book. I had an extensive collection from Oscar Wilde to Richelle Mead, I had 'em all. I scanned my books before deciding on “The picture of Dorian Gray” By Oscar Wilde. I thought back to the movie I'd seen recently, “Dorian Gray”, and decided to compare and contrast their differences. As boring as that sounds, I became excited at the prospect of re-watching the movie. Yes, I will watch that movie. Ben Barnes is such a good Dorian Gray!

I turned back to sit by the porch when my bed creaked. I turned, thinking it was Kryzstofer or Hixak and found myself staring into a beautiful woman. For a long moment I was stunned. Her long curled brown hair and olive toned skin radiated against her white and red tunic. She looked like Cleopatra VII of Egypt.

“Are you alright?” Her silky voice said. “Are you ill?”

“Your beautiful...” I said absentmindedly. “I mean-”

“Thank you.” She stood up and came up to me. “I've always wanted to meet you, Mikaela.”

“Here I am.” I said sarcastically.

“Yes, quit unprotected.”

“Do I need protection?” I asked, my mind expanded towards Kryzstofer's.

“As I said, unprotected.” With one fluid motion she took my book from me. “Good choice.”

“One of my favorites.” I told her.

“Mine too. Well...” She left of.

“May I asked who I am speaking to?” I said after a moment of silence.

“How silly of me!” She exclaimed. Ectending her long slender hand to me she said, “I am Kleopatra.”

“What a beautiful name.” I said. And quite fitting too.

Danke.” Kleopatra returned the book to me.

“You speak German?” I asked surprised.

“I speak over 30 languages.” She smiled brightly.

“Impressive.”

“I guess.” She relied.

One moment she was smiling the next her eyes turned icy cold. Her smile receded and she looked at me angry. “I honestly can't see it.”

“Can't see-”

“Do not interrupt me!” She yelled. “I will not be interrupted.” I nodded, stunned.

“Good.” She looked me up and down. “I can't see it. Can't see what he wants with you. You are very plain and ordinary. You are not worthy of him. I am! I am beautiful and brilliant. You are not! When you came into his life, you ruined us! You ruined us in a irrepressible way!”

“Can I interrupt or shall I wait till you finish?” I said.

“Do not interrupt me!”

“My home, therefor I can interrupt.”

“How dare you-”

“I don't know who you are or what the hell you are doing here but leave.” I said calmly. “Who ever you are speaking of, thats who you need to speak to.” I looked her straight in the eyes before yelling in my mind for Kryzstofer.

“We shall meet again.” She said with a smile on her face before dissapearing.