Gold Flats and the Glamorous

Hello to you fantastic person who is reading my story :) i hope you like it. its rough and could probably use some editing but i just wanna see where this goes. if you like it Vote Comment Fan Please.it encourages me to continue and ill try to attempt to get more out to yall. if you dont like it, :( sorry but tell me why! it might help me make it better,

PS title might change.- already did! was He's Hot and Famous, I'm a Wannabe, & We're in Love.

if you dont understand the titlie it will come into play soon  !

(i think wattpad hates me :( i had to delte this story and post it again )

***

“Hahhhh….” I sighed as a mixed and poured mimosa into glass flutes. Sometimes I couldn’t believe how far my life strayed from my plan.  I did not spend six years in drama school to mix and serve alcoholic beverages for the team of professionals holding the casting.

 I, Ryland Hampton, am a 24 year old aspiring actress with a master’s degree in drama from Yale who will be serving the production team while they search for cast for their upcoming film. I however am not going to be considered.

 If I listened to my mother, I could have gotten my degree in something “practical” and be sitting behind a desk preparing to take over my father’s law firm, but no, I had to follow my stinking misguided dreams and now I'm here. Disowned, depressed, and borderline destitute.

 I came to the Luna entertainment agency right out of school hoping to make my break in the industry. However, I got “eh”s  “if only you were prettier/skinner/tanner”s, and “maybe breast implants would help”. Just like that my dream started to crumble. But luckily, they did have a job for me, a oh so wonderful task of serving the amazing people who crushed my dreams, it was, truly, delight to have that opportunity. Jeez Ryland tone down the sarcasm, this is what’s paying your rent. I had this mental discussion near about every day.

I walked in and began to set the drinks in front of the four men holding the casting session.  Man number one, my boss, Frank Gerty, who controls this certain branch of Luna. He was a surprisingly nice man; he only lets me make his coffee because “I know his tastes”.

The second and third men were the producer and director of the movie. I have only seen the a few times but I do know that their names were Ryan and Brian Hobgood, yeas they are related, twins to be exact.

The last man was perhaps my favorite man on the west coast.  The amazing, talented, famous 32 year old actor, Spence Dawser.  Though he was votes number two on Peoples hottest bachelors list this year, I didn’t see him like that, he was more like a older brother. I met him last year while working here, we got super close.  He just saw me one day stapling a massive stack of papers when he said. “Don’t be so down, tell me what’s wrong”.  Though I normally try to avoid gushy moments, especially with strangers (especially with hot super star strangers) I broke down and he comforted me.

As I placed the drink in front of him he smiled that killer smile that has probably got the rest of the world drooling at his feet. “Well, well, Ryland who you looking so good for? Certainly not me I hope” he joked.

I laughed like I always do at his ever present flirtatious attitude. “No, why do think I dressed up for anybody?”

“Baby girl, don’t give me that. You’ve straightened your pretty blond hair, wearing eyeliner ad lipstick, and got on your skin tight blouse and those sexy boots. Nah, babe you’re dressed up. And I want to know who for.”

“Okay, you caught me. I have a blind date tonight after work.”

“Yikes” he said, “why ever would you go on one of those.”

I laughed at his horrified expression. “Well, my roommate has got it bad for some guy she works with and he made a suggestion that a double date could be interesting.”

“Ryland” franks voice cut through our conversation. “why don’t you go ahead and start sending the audition contestants in, maybe you can get off early for your date” he said smiling and handing me the stack of papers whit the peoples profile and list of the order they are to be sent in.

“Yes, sir”

I walked out to the large waiting room. Since this was a second call, not as many people were crowded into the room, since most were weeded out based on their resume. I then began the heartbreaking task of ushering each lucky person into the room to have a chance at what I want most.

It was finally over, early so I could prepare for my date. I walked into the employee’s bathroom and touched up my makeup.  While applying the last hint of blush I looked at myself, truly looked at myself, something I haven’t done for a while. My normally curly white blond hair hung straight and thick, nearly to my waist, my creamy skin was pink at the cheeks of my heart shaped face, and my full lips were had just a tad bit of pink lip gloss. But what struck me most, like always was my eye. Not necessarily the appearance, though I had applied a smoky eye effect to my large grey-blue eyes with the borderline disturbing yellow-green ring around my pupil, but rather the look of complete unhappiness that lingered there. Looking into the mirror at that sad picture made me began to feel worse. ”stop this, Ryland, you will not pity yourself. You will not give up on your dream. You will carry on with a head held high and a positive attitude. Your days of being unhappy are over. Someone out there has it worse than you don’t be selfish!!”  What started as a whispered pep talk morphed into an angered order to myself.

After a few calming breaths I finally had enough courage to walk out the door of the bathroom and prepared myself for this date. I had about – BAM!!!

I walk straight in to a tall hard body and was about to fall onto the cold hard floor. Suddenly warm arms surrounded me and I looked up to the face of the young man that unexpectedly had me in a totally clichéd hold that clearly said I was about to fall before this hot hero rescued me. I don’t know how long I was gazing into his face, with his dark blue eyes slightly covered by his dark brown hair that was in need of a trim. His hard jaw had a bit of stubble that I suddenly wanted to touch, and his full lips that I was just close enough to that if I moved up a bit they would touch mine. I stared at him and he stared at me, the chemistry between us so strong and apparent that it could power the entire building. I trembled with anticipation as he slowly started to dip his head closer to mine.

“Lord I got to keep on moving

Lord I got to get on down

Lord I've got to keep on moving

Where I can't be found

Lord they're coming after me”

The mellow Bob Marley song cut through the moment as loud as a jack hammer. Startled I stepped away from him quickly and search for my phone, the source of the disturbance. My purse lay on the floor, it had survived the crash but sometime between it must have slipped from my hands. I bent down and pulled out my phone the screen blinking “CHRISSY THE BEST ROMMIE EVER”. Forget the blind date I wanted to stay with Mr. Hottie. I looked back up, startled whipping my head around to try to spot him but he vanished.

***

Hope you liked it Vote comment anything! it encourages me

BTW if any one has a suggestion for a pic with this girl send me a link or something. and any suggestions for mr. hottie or titiles?