*Chapter 5

When I woke up I had my mind set on one particular thing, finding Mitch. I walked out of my room and ran into Rob.

"Hey have you seen Mitch?" I asked him curiously.

"Now that you mention it, I can't say that I have..." Rob said while looking quite puzzled.

"How about you search outside, and I'll search inside." I ushered. Rob nodded his head and did as told. I searched frantically around the building. What could have happened to him? Where is he? Is he dead? These thoughts ran crazy in my head. As I quickly ran around I heard faint cries coming from one room. Has to be him. The cries were coming from upstairs in the delivery room.

"Hello? Mitch?" I asked aloud. I could hear low conversational whispers, he must be talking to himself. As I approached the door I could make out his words.

"There has to be a way. I can't stay here forever. There must be a way, others have won." I heard Mitch say aloud. I then slowly pushed open the door.

"Mitch?" I asked him. He spun around quickly towards me. There were papers scattered all over the floor. I could see blue prints and math equations written on some. Mitch didn't seem like the brainiac type of guy, more like the chill laid-back man but I'm not one to judge.

"Lachlan..." Mitch managed to utter out. Mitch's face was pale, and his eyes were red and droopy like he hadn't slept in days. He then quickly ran at me and pinned me against the wall holding on to the collar of my shirt.

"I've been trying to figure a way out since the first day I came here. Then all of a sudden Rob thinks you're the chosen one. He thinks you're the hero. When really I should be. I've been planning this escape for 3 years! To find a way to have me and Rob away, out of this game. Then you show up and he thinks you're all that... but you're not. If you haven't noticed the third person always dies, and Rob and I survive. You're next." Mitch says as bitterly as possible. I couldn't help but notice his sweet brown eyes turn a red color. Then Mitch release his grip on me. His eyes turn from the red tint, to his normal brown color.

"I'm sorry Lachlan, I don't know what came over me..." Mitch says on the verge of tears.

'It's okay bud..." I say to him embracing him into a hug. An alarm is heard in the distance. The same alarm I've heard 3 times now. Then the guy on the speaker begins talking,

"Welcome everyone, please proceed to the open door in the glass. There we will begin the introduction." There was a click, then the speaker went silent. I looked at Mitch and nodded at him, ushering us to get going. We walked down stairs, out of the building to find Rob. There he hugged the two of us, and from there began our journey to the introduction.