Experimenting

Phil's P.O.V-

Dan left the room and I was left in his room, listening to the forbidden conversation that was going on not to far away from me. "Son, I think we need to talk about your whole 'experimenting' thing." Dans father said. "I'm not experimenting, dad. I know what I like and I'm not ashamed of it anymore." Dan replied 'calmly', a hint of anger lacing his voice.

"Of course you are! This is just a phase, dear! You'll realize that soon enough." His mother bargained. "This is not a phase, mom!" Dan shouted. I sniggered at his statement. What a #scenequeen. I quickly scolded myself for my horrific timing. Now was not the time to call down a scene queen.

"Daniel, you can't be gay, you just can't be. I'm fine with you experimenting but you're not actually gay, dear. And even if you were, you need to find someone better than that guy...Phil, was it?"

"Um, excuse me? First of all, bitch, I know what the hell I like and what I don't. Second, I love him, I really do. It doesn't matter if you like him, mum."

"Now honey-" started Dans father, "Maybe this Phil boy isn't so bad! If Dans actually sure about him 'loving' this boy, we should at least give him a chance. For Dans sake. This 'Phil' might actually be good for Dan! Maybe we should invite him over sometime to meet him." He said.

"Ive met him!! He looked like a hooligan! He had this godawful gash in his cheek and-"

"Do you know how he got the laceration?" He shot back at his wife. Silence.

"Why the hell do you guys care anyway? You've never cared about me before anyway, why start now?" Dan piped up. I could hear his voice crack. Whether it was from anger or sadness, I'm not sure. I guess he should feel emotional if this is the first time his parents have payed attention to him and it was about this. I'd feel the same way if I were him.

"Daniel..." His dad started softly. "We've always cared about you. Did you not think we did? We love you! We're just not the best at showing it.."

"That doesn't excuse the fact that you're never home." He murmured so softly that if he would've said it any softer, I wouldn't have heard him. "We work all the time, yes. But it's for you, son!" His father said. Suddenly, his mother spoke, "Yeah, love. We love you! We do everything for you! Don't think for a second that we don't."

Envy erupted in the pit of my stomach as I heard Dan give a loud sob. My face turned red in jealousy. Was this what a real family is like? I wanted one more than anything else in the world. Why didn't I have a family like that? Why was I cursed with Gary and Brendon and Paul? Why couldn't I be more like Dan in every possible way?

"But honey-" I heard his mom say as I was teared away from the envious feeling I was experiencing. "I'm serious about you not being gay-"

"Here's the condom mom was using with the butler." Dan cut her off. My mouth widened in shock and awe. "What?!" His father bellowed.

"I-that's-hes lying! I would never cheat on you, honey! I love you.." She nervously laughed. "I can't believe you would do this to me." Dans father choked out. I heard heavy footsteps run towards Dans room and I saw as Dan himself barged in, shutting the door behind him and locking it.

He leapt into my arms and hugged my tightly crying, "Shit, what did I do?! Phil, I fucked up. What did I do? Why did I do that?" I felt his tears run down his face and onto my shirt as I rubbed his back comfortingly. I heard Dans dad shouting which just made Dan cry harder. "Sh.sh it's okay, baby. It's okay.." I said in a hushed tone.

"Phil, please. I need to leave. I just need to leave for a bit." Dan said as he pulled away from my grasp to rush around his bedroom, collecting a bag and putting some stuff in it. "Um, Dan? What do you mean?"

"I've got to get out of this house for a bit. Go to a hotel or something. I just- can't be here right now." His voice cracked as he responded. He wiped away some tears away from his face as he grabbed my hand along with some keys. "We've got to go. Now." He pulled my along the hallways of his house where I just thought, 'Why didn't we just go through the window again to prevent me from getting caught?'

We pushed through the front door and raced out to Dans car. Just as Dan was about to get in the drivers side I asked, "Is it safe for you to drive? Do you want me to?" Dan nodded gratefully and tossed me the keys, switching sides with me.

"Where to?" I asked once Dan had buckled up. "To the nearest hotel, please." He sniffled. I pulled out pre-cautiously and drove to the nearest hotel I knew of.

I parked and just let Dan sob for a minute. It pained me to see him this sad. I'd never seen anything get to him quite like this. I leaned over his crying frame and gently kissed his forehead. "Come on, babe. Since you want to get away from your house, let's go ahead and get a room." I said softly. Dan sniffed and nodded his head. "Okay.." A raspy-voiced Dan said. I got out of the car and together we went to the front lobby holding hands, not even caring anymore.

The desk clerk took one look over us and instantly smiled. Instantly, fear washed over me. I wasn't scared of her it's just the fact of talking to people scares me so bad. But taking one look over Dans slightly crying figure, I knew I would have to ignore the anxiety building up inside of me and talk for Dan. "Um-um c-can we have one room please?" I stuttered. Damn it.

She nodded kindly and asked for the name. "Umm Howell." I stated nervously. "And that's both of yours or..?" She inquired. "Oh-oh no. His last name is Howell. Mines Lester." I told her, actually smiling a bit.

She smiled again. "Okay! Room 203. Go on that elevator over there and go to the second floor. The signs will direct you to your room number. Enjoy, boys." She winked as we walked towards the elevator. Once inside we followed her directions and went up the elevator and to Dans room. Once inside Dan clung onto me and pushed me down on the bed, sobbing again. "It's okay, baby. You'll be fine. I love you." I told him. "I messed up, Phil. Why did I have to do that?" He sobbed. "It'll all be fine. Don't blame yourself. Hey-" I said as I lifted his head up to look my in the eyes. "It'll be fine. Okay?" I kissed him softly on the lips. Dan whimpered and hugged me tighter. It was like he was trying to hold onto me with all his might, as if he might lose me.

Dan wrapped his legs around me so he could cling onto me even tighter. I kissed his head again and rubbed his back. I felt his breathing become more steady and calm. He looked up at me with this tearful, brown eyes of his and said, "I love you."

*************************

Authors note-

Kik- awesomebands567

Instagram- Celestejones518 and TheCatWhiskerCult

Tumblr- heyitscelestejones

Twitter- @celestejones401 and @CatWhiskerCult

Youtube- Celeste Jones and TheCatWhiskerCult

Ask.fm- celestejones401

Snapchat- Celestejones401