~48~

Once we were arrived, Johnny and I were immediately crowded by our friends. My eyes kept going back and forth between Ali and Daniel. She was giving him a deadly look while he just looked tired and sad.

You could tell with just one glance something happened between them. The group's chatter slowly came to a hault as awkward tension hung between us.

Johnny leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Would you like to dance my princess?"

"Of course, Love," I smirked with a wink. Johnny chuckled lightly and grabbed my hand. We then waltzed to the center where every couple you could think of was dancing.

Eventually the group we left behind split up to dance with their dates, leaving and upset Daniel and a mad Ali.

I couldn't help but feel bad for them. They were such a good couple, but now? I'm not too sure.

Johnny cupped my face and gently turned it towards him, "Don't worry about them, keep your eyes on me Darling."

"A new nickname?" I asked slyly. Johnny chuckled.

"Wanted to try something new," He responded, blushing madly. I laughed a bit and rested my head again his chest.

"I love you," I whispered into his chest. Johnny grinned.

"I love you too Y/n."

After all of the dancing the group reformed and talked for a long while. We laughed, had some punch and little cakes with pretty sprinkles on top. It was exactly what I wanted prom to be.

When prom was nearing the end, Johnny grabbed me and pulled outside, away from the group. I was a bit confused but he seemed excited for what he had in store.

"Where are we going?" I giggled as Johnny pulled me along. We kept walking.

A few minutes go by and I ask again,"Johnny? What's going on?"

"You'll see," Johnny sung sweetly, giving my hand a comforting squeeze.

I gave him a small smile and walked with him in comfortable silence until we came to a stop. My eyes rested on the pretty antique shop. The one that meant so much to us.

I smiled at my ring. Johnny noticed this and chuckled. He leaned down and kissed my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

He slowly pulled away with a cheeky smile, "I've been planning this for a while now."

I raised an eyebrow, my heart pounding with anticipation.

What happened next caused my heart to stop in my chest. I threw my hands over my mouth while tears prickled my eyes.

Johnny got down on one knee, just like you see in the movies. The ones you watch when you're a kid. The same scenario you dreamed about, you're partner getting down on one knee.

Something I fantasized about since I was young. A Prince Charming. A lover.

"Johnny," I managed to choke out.

He grabbed my hand, "I know princess, I know."

He reached in his suit pocket and pulled out a small box. It had pretty bow on the top, just like the one on the book I gave to Johnny.

He opened it slowly to reveal a ring. A ring that's one of a kind. One you could only find at a small, run down, antique shop.

(Choose the ring :)
(If you have something else in mind then just imagine that instead of the other options)