13. The Truth of the Blank Paper

"Give me your hand," Taehyung said.

"Pardon?" she snapped her head at him giving him a killer gaze with wide eyes.

"Come on! I'm not asking for a marriage! You need to make skin contact with me if you want to read it!" He said embarrassed. But she still gave him her hand.

"Hold the end of the paper with your left hand and I'll hold the other" she did what she was told to and she was amazed at what she saw. 

The look of the newspaper unfolded in front of her eyes as if someone had dropped a drop of color in the water, the color changed and letters appeared before her eyes. The blank white paper was not actually just blank white but it had a brownish shade of background and green colored fonts and blue colored designs embellished the four corners.

"SO BEAUTIFUL!" the words escaped her lips without any effort.

Saeyon looked curiously at them as even Areum was Amazed by it. She wanted to see it too but could not make herself ask him. She was biting her lips in nervousness.

"Do you want to read it too?" Taehyung's words took her out of her train of thoughts. She looked at him directly in the eyes after don't know how many days. His voice was sweet and she could not believe her ears that he can be this much gentle too.

"It's really interesting, come on Saeyon." Areum said still looking into the paper. She made up her mind and went on Areum's side and was about to touch her but taehyung's words stopped her hand in the mid-air.

"Indirect touch won't work. You need to touch me."

Areum took the paper in her hand and put three chairs in a semi-circle.

"Don't worry much if he does anything, I'll break his nose!" she comforted.

"Hey, I'm right here" Taehyung felt offended.

"That's why I'm warning you" Areum said being Areum on his face as usual. He just sat in the middle stretching his both arms outside and making a pout face. He was happy that Saeyon was going to be beside him for the first time consciously and that too they were going to hold hands.
Both the girls sat on each side of him. Saeyon was as amazed as Areum was looking at the newspaper.
Areum read the lines out loud---

'The large area of Namchi mountain is found burned on the 4th of November. The cause is still unknown. No one knows how the fire built up in the first place. Nothing serious is found'.

"My original mission was to go there at first but later on my leader gave me Dahi forest Area to cover. I should have gone there!" Areum said under her breath but it was loud enough to be heard by Taehyung and Saeyon.

'On the 22nd of November the first time in history ever. Just 23 years old kid Jeon Jungkook won over the 8 years straight winner Beom-seok in Taekwondo No one expected the victory of a noob over an experienced champion,' Saeyon read.

"Do you guys even have sports?" She didn't expect that.

"Of course we have! We need fun time too! We always have an annual sports championship in November. And to be honest this Beom-seok guy is hella big, strong and 128 years old and also very experienced. Two years ago I went to his match and he just killed it on the stage! He is really good but his size is also his weakness you know. It prevents him from doing some technical moves and I guess this kid does have some skills." 

"You are a good observer then why didn't take part in it? You might have got the title you know!" hearing praise from Saeyon he could not stop blushing. When she was reading he was looking at her silently but when actually she was talking to him nothing was coming out from his mouth.