Chapter 14 - Tricks

The group watched as you stood still only for you to appear behind Loki, your illusion keeping itself up. Winking at your group, you lift a cup of water above his head and pour it down.

"Nice try," his illusion faded as the water fell on you instead. Steam emitted from your head as you spin to Loki who grinned down at you. "Rule 1 of magic, always be prepared," Loki handed you a suddenly appearing green towel.

"And to think we were friends,"

"You were going to pour water on me,"

"Exactly, that's my form of affection, reindeer games," you hear the five minute bell ring, meaning the class was about to end. "Since time is almost up, we thought best for one little trick,"

"Ready when you are," Loki sent a shimmer of green around the room as black smoke encased everyone and changed them into illusions of Asgardian clothing. The class room was now of the royal gardens.

"Turned out better than last night," you confess. Looking to the girls you saw them practically drool at Loki in his armour.

"Paint a portrait, why don't you," Loki turns to them.

~~~

"Paint a portrait, why don't you," Lucian chuckles as he catches your side glances.

"I wish to do no such thing," you cover your eyes with your book.

"A sour face does not fit you, Elfina," the boys leans back against the log. "A gracious smile suits your delicate complexion more,"

~~~

"Y/n?" Loki waved his hand in front of your face. "Valhalla to Y/n?"

"What?" You hum.

"What were you thinking of?"

You look around at the dispersed groups. "Just an old memory... it was about-" the rotation bell strikes as the illusion falls.

"Enjoy your next rotation," Loki waves the group goodbye. "You were saying?"

"I'll... I'll tell you later,"

~~~

As Loki explained the basis for his magic, you noticed Peter being harassed.

"Hey, penis Parker," the boy whispers.

"What do you want, flash?" Peter tries to stay focused.

"How does it feel to be caught lying? I knew you didn't have an internship,"

"I do! I just-"

"Just what, penis? Because none of these guys have acknowledged your presence,"

Loki noticed your eyes flickering from your normal e/c colour to black orbs. He continued to explain Yggdrasill, only stopping when it was your turn to present.

"Well, my magic is based on... what was it based on again, Pete?" You look to Peter who pries his eyes away from a shocked Flash.

"Negative energy?"

"Ding ding ding! I guess you've learned quite a lot on that internship," a thankful sigh escapes Peter's lips as you went about your presentation, enjoying small banter you started with Peter.

~~~

The school hall was filled yet again but students roamed free to interact with the heroes. Each Avenger was swarmed with questions, pens held out for autographs to be signed.

From a distance you saw Loki walk towards you with a cup of tea, only to be stopped by a group of fawning girls. You snicker at the confused face he held as he was handed a pen and picture of himself.

Walking over you peer over at the picture. "Not the worse photo, good job, ladies," the girls giggle as Loki stared wildly in confusion. "Just put your signature on it, maybe a little note," you took a levitating cup from the air and sipped at it.

"There you are, my dear," he continued the process until every girl was happy.

"Don't let him talk to you for too long, you may be coaxed into doing his bidding," you whisper to one of the girls.

"I wouldn't mind," Loki heard this, his pale cheeks turning pink.

"Have fun, antlers," you clink cups with his before walking to gaze over art that was made.

"Miss L/n," you turn to see none other than Peter's science teacher.

"Mr Harrington, am I correct?" He gives a quick nod. "What do I owe the pleasure?"

Loki kept a stern gaze on the man who had sparked a conversation with you. He looked back down at the babbling girls before taking one of their hands and kissing it softly. "Excuse me,"

Before the girl could faint or yet alone process what had happened, he was gone. Your light laugh could be heard, helping him find his way through the moving crowd.

"I'm not joking! You are quite the brilliant woman, Y/n," you chuckle and playfully slap his arm.

"Oh stop the flattery. You're quite the sweetheart,"

"Who is this, darling?" You feel Loki place a hand on your waist, your heart racing faster than Thor on Mjølnir chasing a truck of pop-tarts.

"Roger Harrington, pleasure to meet you, Loki," Harrington held out his hand.

"Prince Loki, actually," he shook the teachers hand.

"He's joking, just call him Loki," you nudge Loki in the side which he groans at.

"Well, I did admire your presentation, but I must be going," Harrington gestures to a group of rowdy kids. "Pleasure to meet you both," the teacher left to break up the fight as you turn to Loki.

"A little hostile, don't you think?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Loki glared at the teacher from afar as his cup refilled in the air.

"I think I should note he is married," the cup swerves in the air as Loki snaps his head to you. "But don't worry, you're cute when you're jealous," patting his shoulder you walk off to Peter and Ned.

"I wasn't... I'm not jealous," the god scoffs.

~~~

:DDD

:DDD

- Anna ❤️