Chapter One

It was a stormy day in the small town of Adventure Bay. Ryder, Chase, Marshall, Skye, and Rubble were called to a mission.

“Okay, pups, let’s do this,” Ryder said.

They drove across the bridge and into town because they were on their way to save some people who were trapped inside Katie’s Pet Clinic. Some tree logs fell in front of the door, blocking the exit. They had to find a way to help them clear the logs. They arrived at the entrance of the clinic. They jumped out of their vehicles and walked over to the doors. There were multiple tree logs stacked on top of each other. The doors to the clinic were sliding doors, so they could still open, but no one could get out.

“Is anyone hurt?” asked Marshall.

“No, everyone is okay,” Katie replied from inside. 

“How many people are in there with you?” asked Chase.

“It’s me, two other people, and a bunch of animals that sought shelter from the storm,” Katie answered. “But three kittens, including Callie, got scared and ran off. Two ran into the city and the other one and Callie ran into the woods.”

“Okay,” Ryder decided. “Rubble, use your drill to drill into the logs and move these tree logs. Place them on the side of the building. Once he does so, Marshall, enter and give everyone a check-up.”

“Rubble on the double,” Rubble exclaimed.

“Ready for a ruff-ruff rescue,” Marshall called out.

“Chase, go look for the missing kittens,” Ryder said. “When he finds them, Skye is going to bring them back to the clinic for a check-up.”

“Chase is on the case,” Chase said.

“This pup is ready to fly,” Skye said.

Chase, Rubble, and Skye got into their vehicles and started the engine. Chase and Skye left the area. Rubble back up to the tree logs and used his bulldozer’s drill to grab the logs to move them. Once he moved them, Marshall entered the clinic and made sure that no one was injured or hurt. Luckily, no one was.

“No one seems to be hurt,” Marshall exclaimed.

“Good job, Marshall,” Ryder said. “Now we just need to wait for Chase to return with the kittens.”

Chase drove around the city looking for the lost kittens. He used his sense of smell to track them down. Since he was allergic to cat fur, he was sneezing quite a bit. “One cat went *sneeze* this way,” he said as he turned left to a side road. As he turned, Skye, who was slightly behind, followed.

“Are you sure you’re up to this,” Ryder asked with concern through the screen in Chase’s car monitor. “You seem to be sneezing quite a bit.”

“Yeah, I’ll be *sneeze* fine, Ryder, sir,” Chase replied.

“Okay, Chase, I trust you, but be careful,” Ryder said. “If it gets too bad, return to the Lookout and I will have someone else take over for you.”

“No need for that Ryder, sir,” Chase said. “I found the first *sneeze* kitten. Skye, do you see the kitten?”

“Yes, I see it,” Skye replied.

“Come down and pick it up while I search for the next one,” Chase ordered as he sped away in search of the next kitten.

“I’m on it, Chase,” Skye responded. She parked her helicopter near the kitten. The kitten jumped into the helicopter and Skye took it to the clinic.

Chase drove down the road and smelled the next kitten. He drove up to an alley and found the kitten inside a cardboard box. The kitten was frightened. Thunder was heard nearby, scaring the kitten that much more. Chase walked up to the kitten slowly, trying not to scare it even more.